Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > These Things I'll Never Say

Hera can sing?

by toonyweeny 5 reviews

That night, before we got back to the brownstone, I asked her to go for a walk with me by the park. "Atlanta..." I began. She smiled at me the way she always did. "Yes Archie?" "We-well, w...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 1611 words

0Unrated
A/N you know something. i can't believe that NuuoaEclaire actually reviewed my story. i can't believe that anyone could actually enjoy my stories. thank you so much!

pairings: A/A. completely. a very very slight J/T

warning: a very uncharacteristic Hera. i probably destroyed the image of her from the show, but it just came out. i have no idea from where.

The day of the dance was far sooner than I thought it would be. As such, I assume I have a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I'm going to the dance without a partner. Okay, so a more reasonable explanation would be because I really don't want to go with anyone but Atlanta. So if I don't have a partner, why am I putting on this penguin suit, you might ask? Well, you'll have to ask Drama Queen.

Drama Queen must be relinquishing this chance to totally humiliate me by forcing me to go for the stupid dance. To go without a partner is, after all, humiliating. In fact, the only male out of the five in the group is Jay. That is such a sad, sad fact.

Atlanta left an hour ago. I wonder why she left so early.

We clambered into Herry's truck. The other boys were, like me, dressed in tuxedos. I was the only one who had point-blank refused to wear a bow-tie. Theresa, however, was resplendent in a red sundress with a strap around her neck. She was wearing a pair of red high heels and had her hair done up in a bun and held together with chopsticks.

When we got to school, we filed into the assembly hall. I must tell you, there is a big difference between the large, smelly hall we had to report to in the mornings, and the hall we were currently gathered in. the walls were covered with streamers and balloons. A large banner hung over the main entrance bearing the words," School Dance: Hit It!" Oh great. Now Hera, our principal, a Goddess who must be at least 20 centuries old, is trying to be hip? I shook my head. This is seriously embarrassing.

Talk about the devil, here comes Hera. She had ditched that white gown she wore most of the time and was wearing instead, a silver gown which flowed to the ground. There was a slit in it from thigh down. (A/N woah, Hera!) Her silvery-white hair, which was normally done up in a bun, was let down and curled.

"Hello Titans." She must have noticed our stares because she said," I just thought that this would be a good time to let my hair down. Watch out for me. I joined the singing competition." Hera winked and left.

"Okay. Hera is actually quite hip. And rather beautiful, I might add." Jay said, trying to break the shocked silence. He waved a hand in front of Herry's face. "Just because Hera was good-looking doesn't mean you should drool, Herry."

"Food..." Herry moaned. I rolled my eyes. Typical. Food comes before everything else with him.
Mrs. Evergreen tapped on the mike. "Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? You can? Archie! Can you hear me?"

I nodded.

"Good. Okay, young adults, do help yourself to the food. The singing competition will commence shortly. While our contestants are singing, you may go dance under the disco ball."

"But ma'am. There is no disco ball!" someone yelled out.

"Oh really?" Mrs. Evergreen held up a small remote and pressed the blue button. "Look up at the middle of the ceiling."

We all looked up. A fragment of the ceiling moved aside and a disco ball dropped down. Cheers were heard and even I joined in the clapping.

"Okay now. Hurry up and eat. The competition will start very soon."

I looked around. Atlanta was nowhere in sight. I must admit, it is getting very worrying. Where is she?

15 minutes later, Mrs. Evergreen was back. "Now, I believe you've all had your fill, including Herry?" I laughed a little. "Alright, I declare that this singing competition has officially started!"

Everyone cheered.

Hera was first up. She gave an excellent rendition of Kelly Clarkson's Beautiful Disaster. I had no idea that Hera actually listened to songs like that.

The next few contestants were, as Mrs. Evergreen had said, were nothing more than a bunch of thick-skinned people who could barely emit a few intelligible screeches. I was regretting ever coming to this dance. I was about to get up and leave when Mrs. Evergreen announced," Our next contestant is Atlanta. She will be singing These Things I'll Never Say by Avril Lavigne. Now, let us muster all our enthusiasm and applaud her for being so daring as to attempt to perform in front of the whole school."

The people around me started clapping as hard as they could. I didn't. I was still in shock.

Atlanta came on stage, looking absolutely wonderful in a blue V-necked blouse and jeans. She spoke nervously into the mike," Erm, this song is dedicated to Archie." Me? Oh, this is too much to handle.

[Verbal Acoustics]

I'm tuggin' at my hair
I'm pullin' at my clothes
I'm tryin to keep my cool
I know it shows

I'm staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I'm searching for the words inside my head

And I'm feeling nervous
Tryin' to be so perfect
'Cause I know you're worth it, you're worth it
Yeah...

If I could say what I want to say
I'd say I want to blow you--away
Be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight
If I could say what I want to see
I want to see you go down--on one knee
Marry me today
Guess I'm wishing my life away
With these things I'll never say

It don't do me any good it's just a waste of time
What use is it to you what's on my mind
If it ain't comin' out we're not going anywhere
So why can't I just tell you that I care

'Cause I'm feeling nervous
Tryin' to be so perfect
'Cause I know you're worth it, you're worth it
Yeah...

If I could say what I wanna say
I'd say I want to blow you--away
Be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight
If I could say what I wanna see
I want to see you go down--on one knee
Marry me today
Guess I'm wishing my life away
With these things I'll never say

(What is)What's wrong with my tongue?
These words keep slipping away
(I stutter)I stutter (I stumble)I stumble like I've got nothing to say

'Cause I'm feeling nervous
Trying to be so perfect
'Cause I know you're worth it, you're worth it
Yeah...

[Verbal Acoustics]

I guess I'm wishing my life away
With these things I'll never say

If I could say what I want to say
I'd say I want to blow you--away
Be with you every night
Am I squeezing you too tight?
If I could say what I want to see
I want to see you go down--on one knee
Marry me today
Guess I'm wishing my life away
With these things I'll never say

These things I'll never say


A rousing applause greeted the end of her song. She sang even better than Hera. I clapped as hard as I possibly could and cheered for her. She felt the same way I did. I was on top of the world.

Needless to say, Atlanta won the competition. She took home a small cup and a gift voucher for a particular music shop.

That night, before we got back to the brownstone, I asked her to go for a walk with me by the park.

"Atlanta..." I began.

She smiled at me the way she always did. "Yes Archie?"

"We-well, what did you mean when you dedicated the song to me?"

Was it just me, or is Atlanta blushing?

"I-I, well, I," she sighed. "I just wanted you to know that you are the 'you' in the song."

Something in me exploded. I could imagine miniature Archies setting fireworks off in my head.

Atlanta must have interpreted my silence wrongly, as she turned around and said softly, "Just forget what I said. Just pretend I never said or sang anything." She started to walk away.

I hurried up to her retreating back and put an arm around her shoulders, pulling her back towards my body. For the first time since I knew her, I fully appreciated the warmth of her body on mine. I put my other arm around her.

We stayed like that for quite some time, looking at the lake as the cool night wind blew across its surface. For the first time since we got here, we were having quite a peaceful time.

The calm was broken by Atlanta. "Does this mean we're a couple now?"

I lowered my head so that my lips came in contact with her hair. "Yeah. I think it does."

She looked up into my eyes, "We'll keep it a secret, right? I don't want Theresa on my case about this."

I sniggered," As you wish."

From behind a bush just a few feet away from our bonding hero and heroine, a hand holding a camera sneaked out and took a quick picture.

"Trying to keep this from me, Atlanta? There's no way."

A/N okay... that's another story done... i actually started this a while ago, just never got round to finishing it. so, i hope you enjoyed this!
Sign up to rate and review this story