Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

Says the man with the Spongebob pajamas.

by aznfoblover 1 review

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 609 words

0Unrated
~~~~~

Mikey's POV

I don't want to go to Ray's for practice. I mean, I like Ray, but I don't want to go to his house. She'll be there. She's always there. I mean it's not like it's a crime, cause she lives there, but I just wish she'd stop trying to get me to be her friend. I wish she'd just let me keep my thoughts to myself. I mean it's not like I hate her, I just don't want her to know... what I'm thinking about. I would've thought she'd give up after the first year, but it's been three years, and she still won't give up. Talk about dedication.

"Come on, Mikey, let's go. We're gonna be late." Why does Gerard always have to whine at me when he's in a hurry? Sometimes I think that I'm the older one, not him.

"Why are we going there again?" I asked.

"Um practice, duh. Did you hit your head again?"

"No I mean why are we going to Ray's house? I mean can't we have practice somewhere else?" I asked, clarifying. "And no, I didn't hit my head again."

"Just because you like Mel and don't want to tell her anything doesn't mean we can't have practice at their house. Come on Mikey, just grow up," Gerard said, poking his head into my room.

"Says the man with the Spongebob pajamas," I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, so it's true then?"

"Well you should know, you wear them!" I said, confused.

"No, it's true that you like Mel," Gerard said, smirking.

"No-I mean- wait, what?" I said,panicked. He couldn't know. I never told him.

"Ohh this is PERFECT! Just wait until I tell-" Gerard started happily.

"Don't you dare. Don't you dare tell a soul or I will murder you in your sleep, Gerard Arthur Way. And I know where you live," I said menacingly. Gerard just looked at me.

"OK... don't throw a hissy fit. We need to go, though, or Ray will murder us," Gerard said. I slid on my Converses, picked up my glasses, grabbed my jacket and set off with my bass in hand. Gerard had to run to catch up. I shoved my glasses and jacket on, and walked the rest of the way to Ray's. She was outside, waiting.

"Hey Mikey! What's up?" she said innocently. 'Now's your chance, Mikey, just look at her and smile. Or better yet, say something,' I thought to myself. But I just kept looking at the floor and walking. I heard her walk away and she was hugged by Gerard.

"Hey, Mel!"

"Hey Gee!" We walked into the house and she walked away as Gerard started complaining about the cold. We started practice, and I thought I was home free, that she'd just leave so I could be myself again. But she stayed. She stayed and watched us practice. We took a break about half an hour later, and I walked into the kitchen to get a drink. I heard footsteps, and turned to find her in the kitchen behind me.

"Why don't you like me, Mikey? I've always tried to be nice," she said, sounding sad.

"I do like you, Mel, I'm just shy. I like you a lot. You've always been nice," I thought. But I suddenly heard my voice and realized that I had said the very words that I was thinking. I looked up and saw her with her mouth slightly open from shock, but smiling. She quickly closed the large gap between us and hugged me.

"I knew that you'd come around in the end," she whispered into my shoulder.

~~~~~
Sign up to rate and review this story