Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The World You Loved, Forever Gone

Chicago is So Two Years Ago

by aznfoblover 1 review

When Elise comes home to Chicago from France, where she studied, she finds the world she left has changed, and finds her best friend is in a band now

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 604 words

0Unrated
Pete and I were the last ones to finish eating. It was pretty good food, and it was really fun to sit with the guys and laugh at the funny stuff that they said. Patrick didn't say much at first, but he got more comfortable and started talking more and more as time passed. We parted ways when we left, Andy, Patrick, and Joe taking their respective cars and driving away. I was left with Pete, who was my ride.

"So... Elise. What's happening now? You got somewhere to go, or are you just gonna chill with Petey?" he asked. I had no choice but to laugh at his words.

"Well, I don't have a place to stay yet. Me and my bright ideas, I guess. So you could just drop me off at my mom's house, I guess..." I trailed off.

"Didn't they tell you? Your parents moved away about a year ago," Pete said, looking at me with unbelieving eyes.

"No, they didn't tell me. I guess studying in Europe puts you out of a loop. I didn't really come home because I'm afraid of flying," I explained to him. "After 9/11, I don't like being in airplanes. I was debating even coming back here at all."

"Oh. Hey, I've got an idea. Why don't you come to my house with me? We can talk, and you can crash for however long you want to," he said. "But I've gotta warn you, I still live with my family, and you know how my mom can get." I remembered his mom. She was overprotective of even the 18-year-old Pete whenever we hung out with other people at parties or concerts.

"She knows me. I think we'll be OK there. Unless, of course, you want to go out partying like the last party you went to," I said with a smirk.

"Hey, that was totally not my fault!!"

"You came home the morning after with a hangover and wearing some girl's t-shirt. I think it was a little bit your fault," I said, laughing.

"OK, so I went to a party, got drunk, and got some action. Don't tell me that it was wrong," he said, acting like it was no big deal.

"Um, I think it's wrong when you're only 18, Pete," I said, rolling my eyes. "Why do you still live there, anyway? I thought you and your band would go and take off like you said that you would."

"We didn't. Arma Angelus wasn't that good of a band. But you know my homies that you met today? We have a band that's taking us somewhere. You just wait," he said with a maniacal gleam that he got when he was talking about either soccer or music.

"I believe you. Now let's get over to your place," I said.

"That sounded like you totally wanted to do me." I made a face at him and shook my head. "Come on, you know that you love me. You want me for my looks, don't you?"

"Oh, of course, Pete. Let's go to your place so that I can take off my clothes for you and show you the tatoo of you on my butt," I said sarcastically.

"I'm so there," he said with a giggle. "God, I missed you Elise. Coming back here was the smartest thing you ever did."

"No. I think you staying here was smarter than me leaving and coming back," I said, smiling. I hugged him and we got into his car and drove to the one place in all of Wilmette that I was certain I was welcome in.
Sign up to rate and review this story