Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The World You Loved, Forever Gone

Any Romantic Fairytale

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

When Elise comes home to Chicago from France, where she studied, she finds the world she left has changed, and finds her best friend is in a band now

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 655 words

0Unrated
2 hours later, Pete and I were still lying on the floor in his room, talking and laughing. I found out about his new band, Fall Out Boy, among other things. He listened as I told him about school and all of the stupid people that went there. We were past telling news of what had happened while I was gone and moved on to remembering everything from high school.

"And remember when I got in a huge fight with that total idiot Cassie?" I said, laughing.

"Who doesn't? That was the most hilarious thing, you two getting in a huge cat fight in the middle of the hall! Oh, good times," he said, wiping tears of laughter from his face.

"She had it coming. Besides, she was making fun of my best friend. How could I not have a sudden urge to finally beat her up?" I said defensively while laughing.

"If you hadn't done it, I'm sure someone else would've. But I laughed really hard when I saw that you gave her a black eye and a bloody nose while you only got like one bruise on your arm," he said, laughing even harder.

"Like I said, she had it coming," I said, laughing. There was a pause in the conversation when we were just laying there in silence.

"So how did you end up getting a ride from Andy?" Pete asked.

"Well I thought he looked hot so I said, hey there, hottie have a girlfriend?" I said, faking serious.

"Seriously?" Pete said, sitting up and staring at me.

"No. We accidentally bumped into each other and he kept walking with me and helping me until we got to the parking lot, when I realized that I had no car. So he offered to give me a ride and asked if I wanted to get something to eat. I said sure and you know the rest. But the look on your face when you thought I actually said he was hot. Priceless," I said, laughing at him.

"You had me worried there. I was wondering how any girl could find him hot," he said, laughing too. Then he did something unexpected. He looked over at me and kissed me. I sat there for a second as my mind registered what had happened. He took advantage of that and kissed me again.

"Pete? Patrick's here!!" we heard his sister calling up the stairs. We both sat up, still close, as Patrick walked in the room.

"Hey Pete, can we talk about-" Patrick started to say as he walked in. He saw me and stopped. "Oh, nevermind. You two are probably busy. I'll just leave," he said, turning red. Pete looked like he was all for Patrick's suggestion.

"No, it's fine Patrick. We weren't really doing anything," I said, moving away from Pete and trying not to shake too much from nerves. I didn't want to talk about what had just happened with Pete.

"No, I'll just...go," he mumbled, stumbling out the door. He closed the door behind him. Pete moved closer and started to kiss me again, but I put two fingers to his lips.

"Pete, stop," I said. He did what I said, staying dangerously close. "What are we doing?"

"Elise, I should have said something earlier. It took you leaving for me to realize how much I like you. Will you..." he trailed off. "Look, I know this sounds so cliche, but will you go out with me?" I smiled in the semi-darkness of his room at dusk, and remembered how much I wanted to be his girlfriend when we were in junior high. I didn't know how well it would work out, but I knew I had wanted this before. I could just stir up those emotions again, right? He was waiting nervously, so I just kissed him as an answer.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said, smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story