Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The World You Loved, Forever Gone

Lying From You

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

When Elise comes home to Chicago from France, where she studied, she finds the world she left has changed, and finds her best friend is in a band now

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-29 - 483 words

0Unrated
PATRICK'S POV

I got into the driver's seat and just started driving, telling myself that I didn't care about Elise and Pete being together. But I'm useless at lying, even if it is to myself. Pete's always the one with the pretty girl, and I'm stuck on the sideline, watching him making his moves on her and pitying the girl for not knowing what's coming next.

They were in the back seat, cuddled together and whispering about something. I couldn't bear looking back there and seeing them together. It just made me angry. All those feelings of resentment towards him. All those thoughts of what would've happened if I had just made my move sooner. I couldn't let them see what I was thinking. It would ruin all my friendships. With Elise. With Pete. And I don't know how, but Andy and Joe wouldn't want to be my friends either.

I drove to Andy's house. My car was there, and so was my guitar. And I just wanted to drive around or go home and play. I didn't know which one sounded better.

"Patrick?" she called. Her voice floated up to me and it was as if my mom had just called me to get some cookies. I loved the sound of her voice calling my name.

"Yeah?" I answered, not looking back there. I didn't want to see them together. It would take away the good feeling.

"Where are we going?" Elise said. Instantly she giggled and I looked back to see what was happening. I saw Pete kissing her neck. It made me want to throw up.

"Um, Andy's house seeing as my stuff is there." I turned my attention back to the street. I didn't want to see them together.

"OK..." she said, giving me a curious look that I saw in the rear view mirror. The rest of the drive was silent. I got out when we stopped there, and started walking to the door. I heard a door close behind me, but didn't turn around. I didn't really care or need any of Pete's "wisdom".

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. "Is something wrong, Patrick?" came Elise's voice. I wanted to tell her that I loved her. I wanted to tell her that she was the only one I dreamt about. But I never do what I want. So I turned around and plastered a (hopefully) convincing smile on my face.

"I'm just worried about Pete. I'll be fine," I said. She hugged me and I was ecstatic.

"If you need to talk, I'm here. OK?" she whispered in my ear. I just nodded. I turned and went into Andy's house, dazed. I took my stuff, called goodbye to Andy, and went for a drive to clear my head. But all I could think of was her face and the feel of her arms around me.
Sign up to rate and review this story