Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > After the Graduation

Chapter 3 - Is Everything REALLY Okay?

by ashli143 1 review

A strange breeze is blowing in, and with it bringing strangers... Will life change once again for the Sohma family?

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Akito, Ayame, Hatori, Hatsuharu, Isuzu, Kyo, Shigure, Tohru - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2006-11-29 - Updated: 2006-11-30 - 1061 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3 - Is Everything REALLY Okay?
A strange breeze is blowing in... Will life change once again for the Sohma family?

Part 1

Hatsuharu stared into the clouds... wondering... interested in what life had in store for him. Kyo and Tohru had left the day before; he never realized how sad that would make him. There was a slight breeze that gently blew his hair covering his right eye. The clouds were slowly becoming dark-then a sharp pain was felt in his heart. A cloud... the only remaining white cloud had taken the form of a horse. Maybe it looked like a horse, or maybe he was already thinking of her... Rin. He had found out that it was Akito keeping them apart, but what kept them apart now? The horse cloud turned to a dark gray and he could hear thunder claps in the distance. What was she doing? We she okay? He worried about her often... old habits die hard. "I know she loves me. Don't I?" The wind picks up speed and slams the back door shut. "Wait! Shit! Was the door locked?" No matter. He wasn't going back inside; he was going to find her. He had to hold her, to touch, to feel her lips. Yes, he needed to see her.
As he walked past the shops the rain began to pour hard. There was something in the air-maybe it was just a feeling, or maybe it was something more. It rained so hard that Haru could barely see in front of his face. He threw his coat over his head and continued walking... splash! Splash! Spla... He ran straight into a man with a black coat and umbrella. He could not see the man's face, it was too dark and the rain kept dropping in his eyes. The man leaned over to Haru's ear, "The cow says what?" Haru stared. The rain poured with a fury, and the thunder claps got louder. After a short pause the man repeated himself, "The cow says what?" Haru could barely see that the man was smirking. He continued to stare at the man when all of the sudden a lightning bolt lit up the sky; Hatsuharu saw the man's face, but he did not recognize it. The man leaned over to Haru and said, "I believe the answer you are looking for is-moo!" "Who the fuck are you?!" Haru gasped. The man began to laugh. "Just call me the farmer, I kill my cattle." Haru backed up. What was going on? This was suppose to be over. How did this man know that he once turned into a cow? Haru took off running, back to the Sohma house. Kill? Does that mean he planned on killing the once cursed Sohmas? "AH!! What the hell?!" His side was in pain; he grabbed his back to see what was the matter but all he saw was blood. A tranquilizer? But wh...Thud! Haru's body hit the concrete, rain pouring all over his body.

Part 2

The shower was still warm, but not as hot as when Kyo had first got in. He clutched his chest, then he slipped and fell to the bottom; Tohru reached out to grab him, "Kyo!" He laid in a fetal position... shower drops hitting his body. "What's wrong? What's going on Kyo? Are you hurt?" "I... can't... br...eathe." "KYO!" Tohru turned the shower off and picked Kyo up out of the tub. She dragged him over to the bed. "You're freezing!" She ran and grabbed some towels and began to dry Kyo off. "Kyo-kun! Kyo-kun!" He grabbed her arm, "I can feel it... its here..." Tohru began to cry, "Feel what? What's here? You're not making any sense!" Kyo's eyes began to widen, then in a whispered voice he said, "Hatsuharu." "Hatsuharu? B-but, what?" Tohru struggled for breath. What was happening to Kyo, she thought. Had something happened to Haru? Tohru laid her body over Kyo, "What's wrong? I don't know what to do... Please Kyo, say something." Kyo stroked the top of Tohru's head, "What are you talking about? What am I doing soaking wet and naked on the bed? "You don't remember?" He studied Tohru's face, then smiled, "The only thing I remember is being in the shower with you. But... why are you crying." "Yo-you grabbed your chest and fell to the floor of the shower... you muttered something about something happening to Hatsuharu... I'm worried." All of a sudden there was a knock at the door. Kyo put on a robe and went to go see who was at the door. On the way he scratched his head and mouthed, "Hatsuharu?" He looked out of the peep hole, "Who is it?" "House keeping," the voice responded. He went to unlock the door, but then Tohru flung her body in front of it. "Don't! I have a weird feeling! Please don't answer the door." Kyo looked bewilderedly at Tohru, and then said, "No thank you. We don't need anything." The voice on the other end of the door snickered, "What's wrong? Are you a fraidy cat?" "Wh-at?" Kyo grabbed Tohru. "Put your clothes on," he whispered, "We're getting out of here."

Part 3

"Where is everyone?" Shigure thought. Ayame, Hatori, and Akito were all suppose to meet him for dinner. While he was sitting down in the restaurant, swirling his glass of wine, a sense of urgency over took him. He had been waiting for over 35 minutes, and no one had even tried to get into contact with him. "May I have a seat?" A beautiful dark haired woman pulled a chair out and sat in it. "You seem sweet," she smiled. "Ay... I am. I am." He looked at her-she had one blonde streak at the sop of her head, where her bangs were. "What is that?" She said pointing behind him. "What? I don't see anything." "It must be my mind playing tricks on me..." He took another drink of wine. "What is your name?" He could feel that something wasn't right. She smiled, "That's not of relevance." "What are you talking about?" He said. "Don't bark at me... dog." Dog? But how did she know? Shigure tried to make sense of what was happening, but everything began to spin around him. "I feel funny... what did you do to my drin...k."
Sign up to rate and review this story