Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > It's Not Over Yet

Troubles In The West

by LoveEdElric 5 reviews

I'm back!!!!! Ok, so this is the sequal to "A Happy Ending???" I hope you all truely enjoy this!!! Cheers! ^_^ Chapter TWO is up!!!

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Cain Fury, Edward Elric, Heymans Breda, Jean Havoc, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Schiezka, Vato Falman - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-11-30 - Updated: 2006-12-01 - 3082 words

0Unrated
Rated: R

Warning: Heated Moments, Cursing, Violence, and MAYBE a couple lemons...

Disclaimer: I own nothing. The people who work and make Fullmetal Alchemist own it.


Riza drove back to HQ without the radio on. The lunch crowd on the streets had dispersed, all of them getting back to work. She had gotten rid of most of her baked goods, and the homeless shelter now thought of her as a goddess. She tapped the steering wheel apprehensively as she parked the car across the street from the ominous building, and got out, walking across the street quickly. She had some paperwork to pick up in Sergeant Hershey's department, and then she had some mail to pick up in the filing room.
She entered the building, did the things she needed to do, and then started towards the office, looking through her mail. Then she noticed she had a letter from her sister. "Hmm, I haven't spoken to Linda since before my wedding, she couldn't come because her husband was ill..." Riza said thoughtfully, opening the door to the office, and entering, ripping the letter open as she shut the door behind her. She unfolded the white paper, and set everything else down, frowning as she scanned through the letter.

Dearest Sister,
I'm writing to you now, because I have no one else to turn to. A recent disturbance here in the west has caused a great uproar. I'm not sure what it is, as of yet, seeing as there's only rumors as to what is going on. So I thought to write you, because you and your husband are in the military.

My husband, as you know, died a little over two months ago, and I've only just finished grieving. And that's when all of these weird things started happening. His older brother, who is the only one not able to get over his brother's death, disappeared. And as I wrote you earlier, he is somewhat of an alchemist. Then, after he disappeared, a town not very far away disappeared out of thin air, as well. I'm afraid that what happened to this country a few years back is starting to happen again.

Forbidden Alchemy, The Philosopher's Stone. Sister, I know this doesn't need to happen again! Not when this country has so recently returned to normal, all thanks to your wonderful husband and your friends. Please, stop this now.

Sincerely Yours,

Linda Mae Hawkeye.

Riza put the letter down, her hands shaking. "Edward, Alphonse...I need to ask you a favor..." Riza said calmly, standing up. "Yes, ma'ma?" Edward asked, looking worried as he and Alphonse stood, saluting her. "Do you remember your research on the philosopher's stone, and the homunculi?" she asked. Everyone stopped what they were doing. "Y-yes, Lieutenant, why?" Edward said, his eyes going hard. Riza nodded, and picked up the letter, handing it to her husband. He took it from her quickly, and read through it.

Fear, dread, and anxiety filled him, and he set the letter down. "Edward, Alphonse...I'm sorry to have to ask this of you..." he said, standing up, and going over to his filing cabinets, drawing out a document, that he filled out, and signed. "I need you two to investigate a disturbance in the Western territories. It's happening again, Edward. And we need to stop it now." Roy said, handing Edward the document, and giving him a look.

"Yes, sir." Edward said, and nodded in understanding. "Come on, Al...we have to go pack..." Edward said, stopping at Amaya's desk. "Ed..." she said, looking worried. "I'll come back, Maya...this is something I don't want you involved in...at least, not unless it gets serious. Please understand..." he said softly. "I do...if you promise to explain later." Amaya said with a smile, kissing him as he left.

"You be good for momma, Trisha." Al said, kissing his baby girl, then his wife. "Go on, and do your duty, mister. Trisha and I will be just fine. We have all these friends to look after us. You just go do what you gotta do." Eve said easily, and he gave her one of his smiles before going after his brother. "Havoc, Falman, Breda, and Fuery...we'll need tips on anything the soldiers talk about referring to the West, or any other place for that matter. Amaya, and Eve...just carry on like normal and don't let anyone know what's going on. At least not until we're sure this needs FULL military attention." Roy said, going through files and paperwork quickly as he said all of this. He was answered with a chorus of "Yes, sir's."

Riza sat down, and covered her face. 'Could this get any more worse?' she thought to herself as she started to finish up her paperwork. She fidgeted some as she saw storm clouds gathering outside. 'April showers, bring May flowers...' she recited to herself, causing a smile to spring up on her face. She continued to do her paperwork, signing her name neatly with ease each time, until she was completely finished. And in record time to. She shouldn't let all of this get to her. She was pregnant, and didn't need the extra stress.

She stood up, and collected everyone's finished paperwork, running it to its appropriate places inside the building as it began to rain outside. Thunder sounded in the sky, and she smiled to herself as she slipped back into the office, where Amaya and Eve were shutting the windows. "Can I speak with you outside, Lieutenant?" Roy said easily, catching her as she went to close the door. "Yes, sir." She said, keeping her small smile one her face as she entered the hallway with him. He shut the door lightly with a snap, and turned to face her, crossing his arms.

"I know that you know, that I lied, so don't try to lecture me." Riza said lightly, her walls going up immediately. "We're married, Riza. I know why you lied, and I want to know why it is that you feel you can't tell me these things?" Roy said easily, dropping his hands, sliding them easily into his pockets. "Because I'm still getting used to it all. I've adjusted to being married, having to share a house, and a bedroom. Now I need to adjust to taking care of twins, Elicia, and help you with your daughter when you need it. I don't know why it scares me, it just does." Riza said, hugging herself, and looking away from him.

"I suppose that's going to take a lot of adjusting...I'm here...Riza, I'm here to talk to you. Just because we have these new things happening to us, doesn't mean I'll love you any less than I already do. It doesn't change the way I think of you, or want you." Roy said, softly, taking her in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him. "I love you." She murmured, tightening her grip on him. He smiled, and held her closer.

"This is where we live?" Joy said, looking amazed as they pulled up to their house, and Elicia prattled on to Riza about her day at school. "Yes, and we'll discuss your chores later. As long as you live in this house, you'll help keep it clean." Roy said as they all got out. "Fine with me...as long as I don't have to share a room with the midget." Joy said, crossing her arms. "That midget has a name." Roy said, giving his daughter a look as Riza unlocked the door and they went in. Joy looked around, and nodded.
Riza went into the kitchen, and opened the back door, and a black and white streak went past her into the living room, up the stairs and back down, and pounced on everyone, his tongue lolling out. "Bad Hayate!" Elicia giggled as the dog licked at her face. Riza filled his food and water dishes, and set them down on the side of the refrigerator. "Black Hayate, come." She said, placing her hands on her hips, and Roy smiled as the dog carefully got of Elicia and ran to the kitchen, following his master's command and eating.

"That her dog?" Joy asked, looking away, and back to her father. "Mostly, but he loves kids, and he has a sweet ambition. He's loyal too." Roy said, walking up the steps as she followed him. "Up here there is one bathroom for the whole house, then there's the bathroom connected to mine and Riza's room, that's our bathroom, and no one is allowed to use it unless it's an emergency." Roy said, pointing towards the bathroom between Elicia's room and Joy's new room. "The other two rooms are guest rooms, and the one at the far end of the hall, the master bedroom belongs to Riza and I." Roy said, opening he door to Joy's room.

"Okay. When do I have to start school?" Joy asked, looking up at her father. "After I take you clothes shopping tomorrow. We'll have to get your supplies then too. You're lucky summer term just started." Roy said, and she nodded, walking into her new room. "We'll talk later about everything else." Roy said, knowing she wanted to be left alone, and shut the door behind him. He walked down the hall and entered his own room, where his wife was already changing her clothes.

"I'm going to be taking the day off tomorrow." He said, going to the balcony windows and looking out at the rain. "I figured you would...getting her enrolled and school and all that..." Riza said, pulling her light blue shirt over her head, and smoothing it out over her slightly protruding stomach. She unclipped her hair, and brushed it out, pulling it back into a braid. She turned around and looked at him, and his gaze met hers. "She'll come around, Riza. She can't hate you forever. You're her stepmother now. Sooner or later, she'll need something, and I won't be able to help her with it." Roy said.

"I know...but until then, I'll just have to wait it out, won't I?" Riza said with a smile, sitting down on the bed and looking down at her hands. He came and sat beside her, taking her left hand in his. "What are you going to make for supper?" he asked, and she rolled her eyes smiling. "Since its raining, chicken soup with the French bread I made last night." She answered, messing with his wedding band. "Do you think someone is trying to create the Philosopher's Stone again?" she asked, looking at him. He leaned in and kissed her. "If they are, then we'll stop them." He said, stroking her cheek. "Don't even ask me if I'll follow you into it all, because you know my answer." Riza said, giving him a meaningful look.

"Brother...do you really think someone is trying to do this again?" Alphonse asked as the train moved forward through the torrent of rain heading towards Central. "If they are, I'm going to have to kick some ass...which will kind of suck, seeing as I don't have my auto-mail anymore." Edward said, giving his brother a smile. "I'm not exactly an armored suit anymore either." Alphonse chuckled, looking out the window. "Yeah, and we're family men now, so we can't die. We both have wives at home, and you have a baby, and mine is pregnant." Edward said, rubbing the back of his head.
"Where's the El Fuhrer?" Havoc asked as Riza entered the office alone the next day. "He has the day off to get his daughter enrolled in school, get her clothes, and supplies." Riza answered him shortly, walking over to her desk, and sitting down. "Eee, face." Amaya said, turning back to her paperwork. "Its' going to be boring. The Fuhrer's gone, Ed's gone, Al's gone." Breda said. "The cat's gone, the dog's gone, and the fish is gone." Eve laughed, checking on her daughter in the baby carrier. "We never had a cat, dog, or fish." Havoc said. "She was being sarcastic, stupid." Amaya said, rolling her eyes.
"Alright guys, get to work." Riza said, a slight smile on her face. "We don't even have that much paperwork today..." Falman said, looking out into the sunny courtyard. "That's because we've been punctual." Eve said smartly. "Yeah well, being punctual is a pain in my ass." Breda muttered, looking at a document boredly. "Oh shut up." Amaya snapped, signing her signature on something and glaring. "That's enough, Elric." Riza said easily, doing her own paperwork. "Easy for you to say, your kids aren't pressing on your bladder constantly." Amaya said.

"Yours is still a fetus, Miss I'm only 2 months preggy." Eve said. "Whereas my two are starting to sprout arms and legs, and heads and crap." Riza laughed, signing her name with a flourish. "Blah, it's the hormones, ignore me." Amaya said, rubbing her eyes. "I'm so sleeply, for some reason..." Riza said, yawning and looking at her work. "Take a nap, it's not like the rest of us are gonna tell. This paperwork amount is so small today anyway, we'll have it done in no time." Eve said, dating a document.

"You know what, why don't we just...forget the paperwork today? We can do it all tomorrow." Riza said, standing up, and putting all of those papers away. Everyone gave her a look, their eyes wide. "Who are you, and where the hell is Riza Victoria Hawkeye Mustang?" Amaya asked. "Just do it, Elric. All of you do it now." Riza snapped, placing her hands on her hips. They gulped, and quickly did as they were told.

"There, now doing all that wasn't too hard." Roy told his daughter later that afternoon as they went towards HQ. They had just got done dropping all of Joy's clothes and supplies off at the house. "I guess not...Dad, do you really love her? Your wife I mean?" the 12 year old girl asked, looking out the window. "I do. She's done a lot for me. Remember everything I told you about her, and my friends? What they've done for me? I'm going to be forever indebted to them. They're the ones that got me this far." Roy said, smiling. "I guess...it wouldn't be too bad...if I had a mom...I never did know my real mother, so it's not like she'll be replacing anybody big in my life." Joy laughed, smiling at her dad.
"I think you'll like her, once you get to know her. She can be really strict at times, but she is also very kind, and she cares. And she can keep a cool head, in any situation." Roy said, pulling into the parking lot across from the large building. "I'll try and talk to her later...I don't think she likes me very much. I should apologize for being rude too." Joy said, walking across the street with her father. "She likes you just fine. She's just afraid she'll mess up. This whole being a mom thing is new to her, especially since she's having twins. And it takes a whole hell of a lot to scare her." Roy said, and they entered the building.

"So...tired..." Amaya said, nodding off. All she got was a snore from Breda, and murmurs from everyone else. Then the door opened, and both her and Riza jumped up sleepily saluting. "I have a gun, and I'm not afraid to use it!" Amaya said, her eyes unfocused. "That's my line Amaya." Riza said, giggling, and poking her friend. "Be quiet you pregnant twin bearing, lady, you're the one that ordered us all sugar for lunch. Now we're partied out, and we got NO paperwork done." Amaya said, and Riza shook her head. "That was the point. We needed to unwind! If my husband gets a day off with his cute little kiddo, why shouldn't I get a day off with my half grown twins, and co-workers?" Riza said, swaying slightly.
"There should be a rule against pregnant women having sugar, Lieutenant Mustang." Havoc said, lighting up another cigarette as he looked up. "I should say, what the hell happened here?" Roy asked, entering the office with his daughter. "I had sugar, and I had a damn good time..." Amaya and Riza said together, and Riza giggled. "I'm having twins. I'm going to name them Bob, and Bobbi." She giggled, and Amaya chuckled. "Oh god...this is worse than them being drunk." Eve said, rolling her eyes, and holding her baby.

"Riza...what was going through your head?" Roy asked, smiling as he set his wife down. "Only the fact that I was really tired, I want your daughter to like me, and I want to please you as only a wife could by giving you these two twins...but you see, they're just beginning to sprout natural body parts, and they're not ready to come out yet..." Riza answered him. "Riza...I do like you...I was just being stubborn, I'm sorry." Joy said suddenly, her hands behind her back. Riza looked towards her stepdaughter. "That's wonderful news, and I'm sure I'll be a better mother when I get off this sugar intake I have going here. Which means I need sleep." Riza said, smiling.

"Okay, Eve, since you live with Amaya, you two get home, same goes for everyone else. And take a nice long nap." Roy ordered. He helped his wife up, and they all went out the door, muttering about how evil sugar could be.

"Roy...you know how to cook, don't you?" Riza murmured as he set her down on the bed, and smiling. "We're all going to take a nap. As a matter of fact, the girls are already passed out in their rooms." He said, taking his shoes off and climbing in beside her. "I love you, Roy..." she said, cuddling up to him, and kissing his neck. "I love you too, Riza." He said, taking her clip out of her hair, and setting it on their headboard. "So sleeply..." Riza muttered, closing her eyes and curling up close to him. He wrapped his arms around her, and closed his eyes too, both falling into a light slumber.

A/N: Review, review, review. Please and thank you. Looks like Miss Joy is starting to come around...
Sign up to rate and review this story