Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > It's Not Over Yet

Somebody's Hero

by LoveEdElric 4 reviews

I'm back!!!!! Ok, so this is the sequal to "A Happy Ending???" I hope you all truely enjoy this!!! Cheers! ^_^ Chapter THREE is up!!!

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Cain Fury, Edward Elric, Heymans Breda, Jean Havoc, Riza Hawkeye, Roy Mustang, Schiezka, Vato Falman - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-12-23 - Updated: 2006-12-23 - 3687 words

0Unrated
Rated: R

Warning: Heated Moments, Cursing, Violence, and MAYBE a couple lemons...

Disclaimer: I own nothing. The people who work and make Fullmetal Alchemist own it.


"Wow...this place looks deserted..." Edward said as they got off the train in the Western lands. A tumbleweed blew past them, and Alphonse looked around. "So where to go first...The Fuhrer said he wanted a full report on what's going on out here..." the younger brother said, shading his eyes from the sun with his hand. They looked over towards what looked to be grocery store and a bar thrown together, and a man was pitched through the window, holding a beer bottle. "How about over there?" Edward suggested.
"What can you tell us about the recent disturbance here in the West?" Edward asked the store/bar keeper. "Not too much...just rumors floatin' 'round about artificial humans being made, and philosopher's stone too." The man said, cleaning out a dusty beer glass with a dirty rag. "Okay, thanks, know anyone who can give us more than just a local rumor?" Edward said, looking irritated. "You might want to try the dry goods store. There's a woman there that seems to know an awful lot about all this stuff. She even has a son, and lives above the store with three other people. Goes by the name of Rose...I think." The man said.

"I look ridiculous, I want to take it off." Riza said, looking at herself in the store mirror. "It's cute, Riza!" Eve said, pulling the frilly pink shirt down over Riza's growing stomach. "I need something that says, 'I'm a military mom, and I have a gun.' Something that says I like to kick ass on occasion." Riza said, wrinkling her nose. "How about this?" Amaya said, holding up a black shirt, with short sleeves, and a plunging neckline. "That's what I'm talking about." Riza said, snatching the shirt away from her friend and going back in the dressing room.
"Fine, Amaya you wear it." Eve said, taking the pink frilly shirt Riza tossed over the door to Amaya, who gave it a dirty look. "There is no way that PINK thing is going on my body." She said, holding up a blue velvet shirt and going towards a dressing room. "Nobody ever wears the cute things..." Eve sighed, tossing the pink frilly shirt away, and shaking her head. "It's because we're military women, and we kick ass, not sit on our butts all day and do our nails." Riza said, coming out of the dressing room. She viewed herself in the mirror with a smile, and nodded.

"Much better, now lets go find more and get out of here." Amaya said, coming up behind her, and looking at her shirt too. "You just want to love up on the Fuhrer." Eve said teasingly. "True enough. And it is a Saturday. The girls are staying the night at a friends house, and we get to be alone..." Riza said, putting on her old shirt and picking up her purse. "I wonder how Edward and Alphonse are doing..." Amaya said, wishing she had her Ed. "They're doing fine I'm sure." Eve said, not knowing that at this time, both young men were running from their ex-teacher, screaming.

"Why does it take women so long to shop?" Roy asked Havoc, who just puffed away. They were sitting in a small park just a couple blocks away from where the three women were, watching Joy and Elicia play with the other children. "I have no idea...it's like part of the package deal." Havoc answered. "So how are things going for you and Sheska?" Roy asked casually. "Meh, we broke up." Havoc said, shrugging his shoulders. "Ah, hand me that soda, would you?" Roy said, not going any further into the situation.
"We're back. And I have pregnancy clothes..." Riza said, holding up a couple bags, and looking neutral. Roy stood up and whistled, and Joy, Elicia, and Black Hayate came running up. "We'll you guys later, we can't leave Trisha with the babysitter for too long." Eve said, pulling Havoc up. "You guys be careful, and Havoc...get some sleep man." Roy said, and Havoc nodded, the three walking away. "What's wrong with Jean?" Riza asked as the five walked towards the car. "He and Sheska broke up." Roy said, offhandedly. Riza gasped, "Why? What for?" she asked. "I dunno." Roy said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well what did you say?" Riza asked. "I asked for a soda." Roy said, pulling into the street and taking off. "Why didn't you ask him why they broke up?" Riza said incredulously. "Because he said, 'we broke up.' That means he required no further information on my part." Roy said, turning a corner. "God, you men all have a one-track mind." Riza said, rolling her eyes. "See kids, this is why dogs don't talk! Because all women want is details, details, details. If you don't have details, don't talk to a woman." Roy said, looking at the girls in the back seat, who giggled. "You better shut your trap, Mustang." Riza said, glaring at her husband who just smirked and kept on driving.

"We'll have the girls back by noontime tomorrow." Rebecca said, smiling as the girls played together in her front yard. "Thank you so much for allowing our kids to play with yours, honestly, sir, it's such an honor." Johnson(from the records department), Rebecca's husband said. "Just call me Roy, Johnson, we're not in the office." Roy laughed. "Joy, Elicia, be good. It was nice seeing you again Fran, Kellie." Riza said to Joy and Elicia's two little friends. "We'll take good care of them." Rebecca promised as Roy and Riza went to their car. "See you tomorrow." Roy smiled, waving.
"Weren't they just fumbling for words..." Riza said as they drove towards their house. "Well they are our kids, and I'm the Fuhrer, and you're the First Lady." Roy said, turning a corner. "And that's makes us different from the rest of the population, how?" Riza asked. "Let's see, we're the most powerful, we have a lot of money, and it's not that hard to recognize us in a crowd?" Roy ticked off three things. "It wasn't a rhetorical question, smart ass." Riza said, rolling her eyes. "Well I made it one." Roy said, turning another corner and then pulling into their drive way.

"Well, you know what, bah." Riza said, getting out of the car and walking to the door. (They had dropped off the stuff earlier and picked up the girls sleepover crap) "Your hormones have gone crazy." Roy said, unlocking the door. "No, you've just turned into an even bigger arrogant, self-centered jerk." Riza said, taking her sandals off and walking to the kitchen. "Is that what I am?" Roy asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the doorframe of the kitchen as she began to make them dinner. "Yes, that and...Oh I don't know..." Riza said, becoming flustered. Roy chuckled, "No smart come back, I see. Well I'll just go work on that play house for the girls." He said, going past her with a smirk and into the back yard.

Riza pursed her lips and watched him walk out with that smirk on his face, and matched it with her scowl. She shook her head and began to make his favorite for dinner. The entire she muttered about he could get her riled up over nothing, and how he was such a manipulative jerk. And by the time she set everything down on the table, and went out back to fetch him, she was stewing.

She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw him though, and all thoughts of killing him, or worse were gone completely. There he was, completely shirtless, and chopping wood for their grand fireplace that they had in the living room. He was really working too, he was sweating, and there was a lot of wood chopped. He stopped for a minute, wiping the sweat from his forehead, and when his muscles rippled, she dropped the glass of water she was holding, and made a whining sound. The glass crashed to the ground and broke into pieces, causing him to look over at her quickly.

"Riza..." he said, picking up his shirt and rushing over to her. "Roy..." she said, staring at him. That's all she could do. She was for once, rendered speechless. "Honey, lets get you in the house, you're uh... Well I don't know but something's wrong..." Roy said, laughing, and leading her towards the house. She turned to him as soon as they got into the house, and kissed him firmly on the lips, wrapping her arms around his neck. It was a demanding, hot kiss. He kissed her back, and then pulled back a few minutes, later breathing heavily. "NO more chopping wood for you mister." She said, her hands shaking.

"God damnit Riza...that was..." Roy said, leaning against the fridge, trembling. "Roy...what just happened to us?" Riza asked, kissing him again. "I think we're getting a taste of one of your mood swing, hormone thingies..." Roy answered, wrapping his trembling arms around her, and kissing down her neck. "I don't like it all that much...I feel like I'm not in control of my own body..." Riza whispered, shutting her eyes. "Then we have to stop." Roy said, holding her against him, and she shook violently. "But I don't want to." She whispered. "Shower...cold shower...very, very, very cold shower." He said, pushing her back and taking off towards the stairs quickly. She sank to the floor, just staring straight ahead.

Later that night, she refused to look at him as she brushed her hair out in front of her vanity, and just looked down at her music box, her eyes glazed over. "Riza...it's okay, there's nothing wrong with this...we're married." Roy said firmly, and she looked over at him on the bed. "That has never, ever happened to us before! It was like an orgasm without the damn sex, and that just isn't going to cut it! If I'm going to have an orgasm because of you, want it when you're on top of me and whispering dirty things into my ear, you got that!" she said, standing up and pushing him down on the bed. "Damnit woman, you're crazy!" Roy said, pulling her closer. Needless to say...they didn't go to bed until really, really, really late at night.
"You two don't look so good..." Amaya said as they all sat down in a nice coffee shop for brunch. "None of you...will ever get, or know the feeling..." Roy said, drinking down his coffee, and rocking back in froth in his chair. "Roy stop it, you'll cause a seen." Riza said, smacking him on the shoulder. He twitched and nearly fell out of his chair. "What did you do to the almighty Fuhrer?" havoc asked, puffing his cigarette listlessly. "I didn't do anything, he obviously couldn't handle NOT being on top." Riza said, rolling her eyes and eating her apple cobbler. "You were dominating me! It was like you were the Fuhrer, and I was the First Lieutenant!" Roy whined, twitching when she popped a piece of apple into his mouth, and he chewed it quickly, swallowing.
"Okay, too much info, but I'm guessing Riza had one of those mood swings." Eve said, sipping her cappuccino. "Yes, I did. And it felt good." Riza said, smirking as Roy shook his head vigorously, and twitching. "Onto another subject...please, for the love of Roy's sanity...onto another subject..." Amaya said, actually sympathizing the man. "The Military Ball is this coming Friday.... Edward and Alphonse should be back before then..." Roy said quickly, drinking more of his coffee. "Thank god." Eve said, looking over at her baby. "We're going to have to get dresses for Joy and Elicia. Other children will be there." Riza said, sipping her Pepsi.

"And a new one for you, because you've gotten bigger." Roy said, and then realized his mistake. "What's that supposed to mean?" Riza asked, staring at him coolly. "N-nothing, sweetheart. I just meant that our beautiful children have caused your beautiful stomach to expand slightly, and I don't believe last years' beautiful gown will fit you this time around." Roy said quickly, noticing her hand go slowly towards her gun. "Very well...you got off lucky, you bastard." Riza muttered as Elicia and Joy ran towards them as their friend's parents dropped them off.

"I like this dress on you Momma." Joy said, wearing a pretty red dress that showed off her innocence. Riza smiled at the word "momma". She wore a deep-sea blue gown that showed off her growing stomach and all of curves and her pronounced chest. "Looks like your bra size went up Iza." Amaya snickered, wearing a purple gown that showed off her body as well. Elicia came running up with Eve, and she wore the cutest pink gown. Eve, of course was wearing her trademark green-colored gown, and smirking. "I found the perfect baby dress for Trisha." She said, holding up a tiny green gown.
"That is too precious." Riza said, pulling on the matching white gloves to her gown that they all had. "Just think...tomorrow is the ball, we'll have our men with us, and Riza has two beautiful daughters, and twins on the way. Life couldn't get more perfect." Ross said, wearing a magenta colored gown with straps. "Hmm, that reminds me, I'll be making my first actual public appearance as First Lady Riza Mustang." Riza said, clipping her hair back. "God...if I was First lady, I'd scream..." Amaya said, wrinkling her nose.

"Well, Edward...what did you find out?" Roy asked as he, Havoc, Breda, Falman, Fuery, Armstrong, and Bloch met the two brothers at the train station as the women went dress shopping. "We met Rose, and our old teacher there. Their family has moved there currently, and is running a dry goods store. We know about as much as they do now...Dante is back...and so are the Homunculi." Alphonse said carefully, casting a glance around. "So forbidden alchemy has been being conducted..." Havoc said carefully, his brow creased in concentration. "It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. A whole town has already been sucked underground by Dante. She's definitely trying to make another Stone." Edward said.
"I want you two to write me a full report...get it in a soon as you can, and let me make it clear that NOBODY, not even the girls are allowed to know about this..." Roy said as they all piled into the car. "What the hell are we supposed to tell them then?" Edward asked knowing Amaya would want to know. "Edward...you're going to have to lie to your wife. Believe, it's not easy...I have to lie to Riza every time she asks me if I want seconds at dinner...I do want seconds, I want to say...But then I look at the girls...and they need to eat more than I do...so I say no." Roy said. Everyone rolled their eyes. "Stupid Fuhrer with a god complex..." Ed muttered.

"Well, well. Look at that." Armstrong smiled as Roy and the girls entered the dance hall where the Military Summer Ball was being held. Everyone turned; all the men dressed in their complete uniforms, and all the women in their ball gowns, and saluted him. He gave them all a wave, which told them they could be at ease, and resumed what they were doing before he and the family had walked in. Joy had her long black hair down up in a tight knot, with a few curly strands hanging down, and Elicia had the same done to her hair. Riza however, had her long blonde hair down and slightly curled.
Eve's beautiful golden locks were tightly curled and hanging over her shoulders, clashing with her beautiful deep green gown, and baby Trisha's matching one. Alphonse stood beside his wife and daughter, smiling proudly as people stopped to say how perfect they all looked together. Amaya and Edward stood next to everyone else. Amaya's purple gown gave her a sparkling aura that seemed to cheer everyone as Edward stood beside her, murmuring things in her ear. Her red curls bounced when she tossed her head back and laughed.

"I feel so honored to be surrounded by such beautiful creatures..." Havoc muttered, smirking and winking, his blue eyes twinkling, and everyone knew he was joking. "Joy, you look so pretty." Amaya said warmly. Joy smiled, "Thank you Amaya." She said, blushing some. "Joy...we have to go do that thing." Elicia whispered urgently, and Roy and Riza both looked at the girls suspiciously. "Go do what thing?" Roy asked his daughters. "Nothing Daddy." Joy said quickly, rushing off with Elicia quickly.

"Looks like those two are a handful." Falman said, sipping his champagne. "Oh they can be. But they're both very well-behaved." Riza said, pulling her white gloves up, more past her elbows. "It's hard to believe that most of our group has become parents..." Fuery said, pushing up his glasses. "You need to find yourself a good wife." Roy said, sipping a glass of brandy. Then he chuckled, "I'm starting to sound like Maes..." he said, and everyone laughed.

Then they all swiveled around quickly as Joy's voice came form the stage, where she and Elicia stood. "Those girls..." Roy murmured, about to go up and get them. "Roy, stay." Riza ordered, pulling him back. Everyone watched as Joy fidgeted up on stage next to her 'sister'. "My sister and I wanted to make a dedication to our mom..." Elicia said boldly. "Because we love her very much, and we just wanted her to know how much." Joy said quickly, looking nervous. "She may not be our real Mommy, but she does a really good job acting like it, and she makes us feel wanted and loved. So does our Daddy, but this song is for our mommy." Elicia finished. Everyone laughed and "awed" them as the music started.

(Joy and Elicia do NOT sing this.)
She's never pulled anyone from a burning building
She's never rocked Central Park to a half a million fans, screaming out her name
She's never hit a shot to win the game
She's never left her footprints on the moon
She's never made a solo hot air balloon ride, around the world,
No, she's just your everyday average girl (but)

She's somebody's hero
A hero to her baby with a skinned up knee
A little kiss is all she needs
The keeper of the cheerios
The voice that brings Snow White to life
Bedtime stories every night
And that smile lets her know
She's somebody's hero

She didn't get a check every week like a nine-to fiver
But she's been a waiter, and a cook and a taxi driver
For twenty years, there at home, until the day her girl was grown
Giving all her love to her was her life's ambition
But now her baby's movin' on, and she'll soon be missin' her
But not today, those are tears of joy runnin' down her face

She's somebody's hero
A hero to her daughter in her wedding dress
She gave her wings to leave the nest
It hurts to let her baby go down the aisle she walks right by
Looks back into her mother's eyes
And that smile lets her know
She's somebody's hero

Thirty years have flown right past
Her daughters' starin' at all the photographs
Of her mother, and she wishes she could be like that
Oh, but she already is...

She's somebody's hero
A hero to her mother in a rockin' chair
She runs a brush through her silver hair
The envy of the nursing home
She drops by every afternoon
Feeds her mama with a spoon
And that smile lets her know
Her mother's smile lets her know
She's somebody's hero

Riza lifted a gloved hand to her mouth and as the song ended, the girls jumped off stage, and rushed to her, and she kneeled down, hugging them. "We love you mom." Joy said, hugging her tightly. "I love you too, my darlings..." Riza whispered, crying. "Mommy don't cry, you're our hero." Elicia said cutely, looking up at her. Riza smiled, and let out a small sob, hugging them tighter.
Then the girls let go, and they turned to their 'Family', The women were crying, and the men were fixing to cry. Except Armstrong, he had pink sparkles around him, and he was crying nonstop. "Daddy, we love you too." Joy said, and both girls hugged their father, who kneeled down, hugging them closely. Riza wiped the tears from her face, smiling. 'All of our dreams are complete...' she thought as another song came on, and the girls rushed off to play with their friends. Then another life-changing moment happened, and she nearly started to cry again, as she laid a hand on her stomach, letting out a cry of joy.

"Riza what is it?" Everyone asked quickly. "Roy...oh my god, Roy, look." She whispered, grabbing her husband's hand and placing it on her stomach. He waited a few moments, then... "Did they...one of them just...Jesus Christ...Riza they just kicked..." He said, shoving his brandy glass into Edward's hand and kneeling down, pressing his ear to Riza's stomach, his eyes having a certain crazy light to them. "My babies just kicked!" Riza said, smiling as everyone surrounded her, demanding to feel the children kick. "Nooo! My wife! My children!" Roy said possessively, and everyone laughed as he latched on to Riza, who rolled her eyes, and tried to pry him off as she felt them kick again.

A/N: Heart felt chapter...just catching up on them being a big happy family before disaster strikes all over again. REVIEW, review, review!
Sign up to rate and review this story