Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > At Least He Makes Me Forget...

Chapter 6

by Gangsta_Girl 5 reviews

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" She exaggerated the last word, staring me down.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-01 - Updated: 2006-12-01 - 579 words

0Unrated
"And just won't I mind?" I said lightheartedly as I leaned further back onto the flat surface of the door which just so happened so be non-existent at the moment.

Losing my balance, I fell straight on my ass. "Ow!" I squeaked rubbing the sore spot, which was more than likely going to be a nasty bruise, on my lower back. Marcos, that little-

"Mom!" Yeah, totally wasn't expecting her to be there. Great. Just great.

She gave me the look. The one that spoke more than any words that would have slipped from her lips. Just by the expression on her face I knew I was in some deep shit. Then it hit me. My fucking curfew. Dammit!

My mother leaned her weight against her hip, as she clung on to the door softly. "Do you happen to know what time it is?" She said, directing her words at Brendon without much of an accent. My mother was fluent in intimidation in both English and Spanish.

I turned my gaze towards him. He nudged up his glasses from the bridge of his nose with a shaky hand. He gulped down hard and attempted an apologetic smile. "...Um... Not really, but I'm guessing...it's late?"

"That sounds about right..."

I stood up finally, wiping the dusty soil from my deconstructed jeans. I crossed my arms across my chest and leaned against the opposite wall of my mother.

"Raquel."

A meek response emanated from my lips. "Yes?"

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your /friend/?" She exaggerated the last word, staring me down.

I froze.

Brendon spoke up on my behalf. "Uh, Brendon. Brendon Urie."

My mom faintly raised an eyebrow at the mention of his name. "Why is it that I've heard that name before?"

"Because Raquel talks about him non-stop. His pictures are all over her walls." Marcos jumped in, peeking his head from the hallway. "Remember Mom? He's in that band, um... Terror! At The Nightclub or something." He smirked after sticking his tongue out at me. Marcos knew exactly what band Brendon was in. He was just trying to get on my nerves, as usual.

"Panic! At The Disco." I uttered under my breath, obviously annoyed, but I doubt she heard me.

"Well, Brendon. I have to speak to my daughter alone if you don't mind."

"No-no. Of-of course not." He stumbled out.

"Good night, Brendon." She said turning back into the house.

"Night." He replied back as he brought one of his hands out of his pockets to wave awkwardly.

I took a step towards him.

"Raquel!" My mom bellowed from the living room.

I let out a breath. "I'm so sorry." I mouthed.

He nodded with a small smile. Putting his right hand into the shape of a phone he whispered for me to just call him later. He turned and went on his way, immediately taking out his Sidekick. No doubt looking up all the missed calls and listening to all his voicemails. He had turned it off when we had went to the fair. But I swear his jeans were buzzing, like, every five minutes anyway.

I sighed once again and went back into the house and skulked my way onto the floral love seat across from my mother, awaiting the impeding lecture.

*A/N: Yeah, I know it's kinda short or whatever and, honestly, kinda slow, but I'm working on the next part. Hopefully I can get it going soon...
Sign up to rate and review this story