Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Destiny

Chapter One

by angellbaby28 1 review

I am no good at summaries, so you'll have to forgive me! in this chapter, the two main characters meet and realize that they have a lot in common

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 893 words

0Unrated
Eighteen year old Emily Saunders cringed as she heard the fighting start again, same as every other night for as long as she could remember. Her father, an abusive alcoholic, stumbled in the front door just after 3am, which was last call at the local bar. He would slam things around and scream at her mother, which almost always lead to her being hit. Before her father could make his way upstairs, Emily threw some clothes into her backpack and snuck out her window. She wasn't too sure where she would end up this time. It was dark and cold, which was odd for Las Vegas. As tears began to fall from her beautiful brown eyes, Emily started to run. She ran as far away from her broken home as her legs would carry her. When she finally stopped to catch her breath, she realized that she was standing in front of her Catholic high school. Emily let herself in. She was student council president, so she was one of few students who had a key to the school. Emily made her way to the music room, which was her favorite room in the entire school. However, during the long days at school, she would never be caught dead there. After all, the music room was for the nerds and Emily was definitely not a nerd. She placed her hand on the door knob, but stopped when she heard someone singing and playing the most beautiful song on the piano.

Ms. jones taught me english, but I think I just shot her son
Cause he owed me money, with a bullet in the chest you cannot run
Now hes bleeding in a vacant lot
The one in the summer where we used to smoke pot
I guess I didnt mean it
But man you shoulda seen it
His flesh explode

Slow motion
See me let go
We tend to die young
Slow motion
See me let go
What a brother knows
Slow motion
See me let go

Now the cops will get me
But girl, if you would let me
Ill take your pants off
I gotta a little bit of blow
We could both get off
Later bathing in the afterglow
Two lines of coke Id cut with draino
And her nose starts to bleed
A most beautiful ruby red

Slow motion
See me let go
Well remember these days
Slow motion
See me let go
Urban life decays
Slow motion
See me let go

And at home
My sisters eating paint chips again
Maybe thats why shes insane
I shut the door to her moaning
And I shoot smack in my vainsAnd wouldnt you
See my neighbors beating his wife
Because he hates his life
Theres an arc to his fist as he swings
Oh man, what a beautiful thing

And death slides close to me
Wont grow old to be
A junkie whine-o creep

Hollywood glamourized my wrath
Im the young urban psyco path
I encite murder for your entertainment
Cause I needed the money
Whats your excuse?
The jokes on you

Slow motion
See me let go (aaahh)
Oh yeah
Slow motion
See me let go (aaahh)
Ahhhh
Slow motion
See me let go (aaahh)
Oooh


Emily was in awe as she pushed the door open. The boy sitting at the piano jumped a little bit when he heard the door close.
"Emily Saunders... what the hell are you doing here? I didn't even know that you knew where the music room was." He snapped.
"I'm sorry... I didn't know that anyone was in here..." Emily whispered, turning to leave. As she was almost out the door, he stood up and grabbed her wrists, causing her to wince in pain.
"I am so sorry... I shouldn't have snapped at you. Are you okay?" Emily sat down and started to cry. He put his arm around her shoulder and tried to comfort you.
"I don't even know your name... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be dumping on you." Emily said, suddenly wiping her face.
"Ryan Ross...and it's okay, I don't mind." Ryan smiled as he brushed a piece of hair from her face. "What are you doing at school at 3:30 in the morning?" He questioned with concern. She was never nice to him at school, in fact she was quite the opposite. Her and her friends were so mean to him and his friends, so Emily was very surprised by his concern.
"I could ask you the same thing...." Emily snapped, immediately regretting it. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped... I just don't want to talk about it." Ryan simply shrugged his shoulders as Emily sat down beside him on the piano bench. "I bet you didn't think that you would ever see this." Emily said, laughing a little as she started to play the piano. She sang Slow Motion by Third Eye Blind, the exact song that Ryan had been playing when she arrived. "That song is probably one of my favorites..." Emily whispered, which caused Ryan to look at her with a look of astonishment, which caused Emily to blush. He leaned in, and was surely about to kiss her. Emily backed away suddenly. "I should get home... I do have to be back here in three hours..." She whispered, grabbing her bag and running out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story