Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Destiny

Chapter Six

by angellbaby28 1 review

Ryan and Emily are reunited

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 741 words

0Unrated
"Would you hurry up Emily? We're going to be late!" Emily mumbled something under her breath as her roommate, Danielle Jones, banged obnoxiously on her bedroom. Emily quickly adjusted her hair one last time and grabbed her purse.
"Danni, I don't know why we are even bothering..." Emily protested as the girls climbed into the taxi that was waiting outside their apartment complex. "This is going to suck..." She grumbled.
"Since when have you been one to turn down a party?" Danielle questioned as she gave the driver directions to the house where the party was being held. "You haven't seen these people since before you moved, and everybody has been asking about you since you have been back in town. It is going to be a lot of fun, I promise!"
"That's the thing... I haven't seen these people since I moved after graduation... I haven't stayed in touch with a single one of them except for you..." Emily soon realized that arguing with Danielle was totally pointless as the taxi pulled up in front of the house. The girls paid the driver and climbed out. Once they were inside, Danielle quickly disappeared, leaving Emily to her own defenses. "Great...." She grumbled, adjusting her top. She didn't recognize anybody in the crowded living room, so Emily decided to make her way to the kitchen and mix herself a drink.
"Oh my God! Emily Saunders, is that really you? I heard that you were back in town, but I had to see it to believe it!" Emily turned around to see her old friend Julie Taylor standing behind her. Emily forced a smile as the girls quickly embraced. "You look great honey!" Julie exclaimed.
"So do you Jules! It's been a long time!" Emily said, taking a huge drink of vodka and tonic as she followed Julie onto the porch.
"Thanks! So how was Toronto? And what the hell brought you back to Vegas?" Julie questioned, lighting a cigarette. This was the last thing that Emily wanted to talk about, and Julie was for sure the last person on earth that she wanted to talk to about the situation.
"Toronto was amazing. I met tons of people and had a lot of fun.... but there are some things that I need to take care of here..." Emily said, praying that Julie wouldn't ask anymore questions. "I am really sorry that I didn't keep in touch after I moved..."
"Don't be crazy! We all knew that you had been through hell and that you needed space and time!" Julie exclaimed, passing Emily the cigarette. Emily took a long drag and handed it back to Julie with a smile on her face. For the first time in months, she felt like she was doing the right thing. The porch door swung open, and a very obvious drunken Danielle stumbled outside.
"There you are! Sorry Julie, I am going to steal her!" Danielle slurred. She pulled Emily inside. "There is someone here who has been asking about you!" Danielle tapped a tall, skinny male figure on the shoulder. He slowly turned around and Emily felt a large lump instantly develop in her throat.
"Oh my God...." She whispered, wanting desperately to turn and run out of the crowded room. "Hi Ryan..."
"Emily, you look great!" Ryan said, almost as shocked as Emily had been. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. Emily didn't realize how much she had missed that all those years that she had been gone. She just wished that she could stay in his arms forever, but he slowly pulled away. "I missed you best friend!"
"I missed you more best friend." Emily replied, with a huge smile on her face. She was so relieved that they were able to pick up where they left off almost four years earlier. Emily quickly notice the two other guys who were with Ryan. "Are you going to introduce me?" Emily teased.
"Oh yeah, sorry. Guys, this is Emily Saunders, my best friend. Emily, this is Jon Walker, and Brendon Urie, my friends and bandmates." Ryan said, as Emily shook each of their hands. "Spence is around here somewhere... but Em, can we go talk somewhere? We have a lot of catching up to do!" Emily said yes, her voice shaking. She knew exactly where this was going and she didn't know if she was prepared to deal with everything yet.
Sign up to rate and review this story