Categories > Original > Romance > Upon the Wings of Salvation

Mehtoria

by ilovebrownies 0 reviews

She closed her eyes, planning on dozing off again when she suddenly felt the touch of one's hand, undoing her simple night gown. Although she was in pain, Ophelia willed herself to push the person'...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 1196 words

0Unrated
She clung onto the boy's clothes rather tightly, terribly afraid of falling off the winged creature. She looked down at the castle as it grew smaller and smaller before disappearing completely. Ophelia tightened her grip on the boy's clothes. The boy looked over his shoulder at Ophelia, smiling kindly, " Is everything all right, Princess?" Ophelia nodded.

Her dressed whipped about her as the creature swooped downward, causing her to once again, tighten her hold on the boy's clothes. The creature landed gracefully, flapping its wings up and down as it waited for its master to dismount. The boy jumped off the creature, then extended a hand up to where Ophelia sat still. She took his hand and he helped her dismount. Ophelia sighed, secretly glad that the ride was over. A few hours ago, she had agreed to being taken to Mehtoria, Eric's homeland. The boy waved at the creature. The creature rose elegantly into the air and flew away.
"Eric?" Ophelia asked.
"What is it?" the boy replied.
"Well, I was wondering..."
"Wondering about what?" Eric said quickly.
" Could I possibly... well, tame a dragon," she said in a hushed voice.
Eric chuckled, "Come with me."
Ophelia followed the boy as he began to walk towards the castle located beneath the dark sky. Looking up, Ophelia noticed many meteors flying across the sky and she stopped walking as she stood still to admire the sight. Ophelia jumped slightly when she felt someone touch her, but it was only Eric, as he had just slipped his fingers between hers. Ophelia smiled softly.
" It is beautiful is it not?" Eric whispered.
Ophelia sighed, "Does it go away?"
"Go away?" Eric echoed, thoroughly confused.
" When the sun rises, do the meteors disappear?" Ophelia stated, clearing up the vagueness that had surrounded her question earlier.
Eric smiled, "No, the sun never rises, it is always this beautiful."
Ophelia stared at Eric in disbelief.
Noticing her blank stare, Eric smiled, "Come now, let us keep going."
The two of them continued on their way to the castle, but instead of entering in through the front door, he took her around the back. Eric whistled softly and once again, the creature descended from some hidden sanctuary in the air. Ophelia approached the creature in a daze, laying her hands upon the shining scales of the creature.
Grabbing Ophelia by the hand, Eric tugged her along as he ran out into the center of the rather large field. There in the middle lay a bright shining egg. Ophelia gasped at the sight of it. She bent down to get a closer look at the egg, running her fingers along the round dome of the egg top. A cracking sound startled her and she backed away, frightened. She clung tightly to Eric's arm as the cracking became louder and louder in volume. The egg shell cracked, revealing a small creature. Ophelia gazed at the creature, her mouth hanging open.
"It is simply adorable," she stammered.
Eric smiled, "It belongs to thee now."
"Really?" Ophelia gasped.
The prince of Mehtoria nodded.
Ophelia flung her arms around Eric, extremely grateful for the present he had just presented her with.
"Meteor," Ophelia finally said.
"Meteor?" Eric asked.
"I am going to name him Meteor."

A month soon passed by and Ophelia prepared herself for her return to her homeland of Coras. She waved good bye to Eric as Meteor began to ascend.
"Thank you for letting me stay here for a while," Ophelia shouted from her location in the sky.
"No, thank thee for agreeing to stay here," Eric shouted back, waving, "Thou will come back, won't thee?"
Ophelia nodded, waving at the disappearing figure standing on the green grass.

Fourteen year old Ophelia lay upon her bed, staring up at the ceiling, her hands on her stomach. She felt sore, extremely sore, so sore that she could not even sit up. Phoebe, her maid, entered the room. Ophelia waved her hand at Phoebe, dismissing her. Quietly closing the door behind her, Phoebe left the large bedroom of the princess. Groaning, Ophelia turned herself over and lay on her stomach, standing at the wall. Turning her head to the side, she stared out the window at the ocean. The sound of the waves crashing upon calmed her nerves as she began to doze off, lulled to sleep by the continuous rhythmic pounding on the shore outside her window. She woke up to find that the window had been closed, the curtains had been let down, and that her room was pitch black. Still sore, Ophelia couldn't bring herself to sit up. She closed her eyes, planning on dozing off again when she suddenly felt the touch of one's hand, undoing her simple night gown. Although she was in pain, Ophelia willed herself to push the person's hand away. He pushed her down, grabbing her night gown, he tugged at it and smirked as the sound of tearing fabric split through the room. He licked her neck, smiling evilly to himself as he heard whimper. She struggled against him to no avail as he began to remove his own articles of clothing. After ridding himself of his clothing, he wrapped his arms around her tightly as she tried to free herself from his grasp. His sweat- covered flesh came in contact with her own as she screamed, calling out to no one in particular. He covered her mouth his hand, smothering the screams that were produced.

King Alec returned to his own room, shutting the door. Sighing, he sat down in a rather large and ornate chair. He thought about Ophelia and sighed once more. In two years, Ophelia would be sixteen, practically old enough to marry. Mehtoria was a powerful country, ruled well by Eric's father. Mehtoria was located in the north; the dark night always had its cloaked hands covering the area. Mehtoria was also the home of dragons, limited in number, these majestic creatures were vied after by many. They made loyal companions and fierce fighters, a truly powerful creature. Come to think of it, Ophelia did have a pet dragon residing somewhere within the horse stables to the south end of the castle. King Alec groaned softly. Ophelia is maturing at such a fast rate, thought the king. The faster she weds Eric, the better, the king mentally said to himself.

Ophelia sobbed quietly, hugging her pillow tightly. That is it, she thought to herself, I won't take this any longer. Struggling to get up, she ended up crawling off her bed and over to her window sill. She whistled softly, and Meteor rose up to her window, waiting patiently for his mistress to board. Slowly climbing upon the dragon, she whispered softly to it and into the night sky it flew, heading for the dark area that was Mehtoria. The crushing of grass was heard by Ophelia as a few hours later, Meteor landed. Eric was sitting not far away on a rock, polishing his blade by the lake. Seeing Meteor, he dropped his weapon and hurried over, helping Ophelia descend from her perch.
"Princess," Eric gasped softly, "What brings thee here?"
Sign up to rate and review this story