Categories > Original > Fantasy > Well... Apparently Vampire's Exist

~Chapter 1~ It's None Of Your Business

by AvengedXXXSevenfold 0 reviews

Kartolla Teannings, a young adult working in Atlantic City, has been captured by an attractive Vampire, who she doesn't think is very charming. Kidnapped and taken to Hell, she finds out who Vincen...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 2456 words

0Unrated
Well... Apparently Vampires Exist ~Chapter 1~ It's None of Your Business

I looked over at Matt with pleading eyes for help. I never wanted his help before, this time I needed his help, or I would die. It's really that simple. No, I wouldn't die, I would be killed.

He just smiled at me and a small laugh escaped his lips.

What a bastard.

He was winning and here I was on the last few whisps of life.

It's really a good thing that I'm just so intelligent. I reached forward and hit the power button on the PS2, then moved to the TV and turned it off also.

I normally never lost in the Lord of the Rings games. Those movies had come out when I was 22, 23, and 24. They were pretty sweet movies. This year on my 25th birthday Matt gave me all three movies on DVD's and one of the video games. The video games... well... they weren't that great but Matt liked them so I played them with him. But the movies, oh they were fantastic. I remember reading them in college and writing reports on them. The books were brilliant! The reports on the other hand, were not.

"You're such a soar loser," Matt groaned from the black leather couch.

"Well maybe, but you're definately a bastard for not helping me," I said to him like it was as simple as 1 + 1.

He lifted his head up and groaned again as if it really took sooooo much strength. Then lifted his hand motioning for me to shut it.

"Screw you," I murmured a little loudly for something that was supposed to be quiet, because of course he had heard me.

"That would be delightful if you would come over here and screw me," Matt said, joking of course, as he pretended to slide off his pants.

"In your dreams buddy."

I got up from the floor and went down the hall and into the powder room. I looked into the mirror, my hair truly was, well... weird.
Well not weird more like frustrating and retarded. It wasn't extremely long, but went past my shoulders. At the moment it was bright fire engine red from wash out supposed-to-be-wash-out-red-hair-dye that I had applied to my hair in June. That was four months ago. I even remember what it said on the back of the box, and I don't know if that's pathetic or not, probably is. But anyway, I remember. "Washes out in 8-10 washes! Try another color after this one! This hair dye should washout at the maximum of 1 month."

Well, it didn't. It was still in my hair, not exactly as bright as it was the day I had put it in but it was definately still bright fire engine red. Before I had dyed my hair it was dirty blonde with blonde highlights. I was born that way. No salons or hair dyes for a fashion model hair color, I only use hair dyes for quote un-natural unquote hair colors. So now my hair was bright red in some streaks, faded in others, and still burning fire engine red in the places that were blonde. And to top off my hair, I have black highlights. It may sound extremely funky to some people but really it's sweet and I like it.

But I guess after all that I still haven't described the retardedness and frustration that my hair brings. One day its pin straight and the next day it's frizzy, sometimes it's wavy, and between all the combinations sometimes I just look plain freakish, but it's nothing that a straightener, hair dryer and brush, or curling iron can't fix... most of the time anyway.

I went to the bathroom to change my nose ring. Yes. My nose is pierced on the left side. I changed the black ring to a shiny red one and walked out. Matt was on the couch again in the TV room but this time he had two glasses of iced tea. He was on the side of the coach slumped against the arm and I sat down next to him. And he handed me a glass of iced tea.

"Thanks," I said and took a sip. As my mouth his the glass a small clank occured. The sound of my lip ring hitting the glass.

"I hate that noise," Matt complained to me as I took a sip and practically choked on my drink.

"What the fuck are you talking about man!? YOU have TWO lip piercings! Not one, but two! Every time YOU take a sip there's TWO little clanks!" It was true, too. He had two lip rings one on the left and one on the right.

"Wow do I really?" He asked sarcastically as he scanned the TV for anything to watch.

"Yes, you do, so don't be on my case for my one lip ring."

"My lip rings don't bother me when they make noises, your's on the other hand, does infact annoy me. Do you have your period right now?" Matt asked me as he looked over briefly to see my face. What a random question, and I don't have it right now by the way.

"It's none of your business," I said to him flatly. I could have just told him 'no, I don't' but why was he wondering? "Why do you want to know...?" I let my own question hang in the air.

"We could go swimming," he answered bluntly.

"I think not. It's October!"

"Oh, right..." Matt replied. Was he really that much of a moron? No, he wasn't he was a straight A student while he and I were in school. Better grades than me.

"What time is it?" I inquired. I had to be at the Harrah's Hotel to work the night shift at the front desk by ten thirty at the latest.

"Uhhh," Matt said as he twisted his neck to see the clock, "it's ten twenty-five, hey don't you have to go-"

But I cut him of "Oh fuck!" I screeched.

...to work in five minutes," he finished. Like he had to finish his statement at all.

I ran down the hall way, past the powder room and into my bedroom and threw off my Avenged Sevenfold T-shirt, black cargo pants and socks, and quickly changed into my black pin stripe jacket with a matching skirt and a red v-neck shirt underneath, with a simple pair of two inch black heels and ran skidded into my white tile bathroom leaving black streaks on the floor.

"Fuck," I murmured at the black streaks that now stained my bathroom floor.

It was a little weird how nicely I had to dress just to work the night shift at the front desk with my co-worker Cindy Sanchez, who was now one of my friends, even though she was quite perky about almost everything in life. But the pay was good enough that I could afford my own condo in a condominium building that was seven blocks from the Harrah's Hotel.

I took out my shiny red nose ring and my coal black lip ring and slipped them into my red purse on the counter. I pulled my hair up into a bun so I wouldn't look to exotic for my job. Sanchez could hold down the fort till I got my ass over there. But I still had to leave A.S.A.P. I took an Olay make up removing pad and wiped under my eyes taking of my extra eyeliner then added a little mascara and some blush so I looked a little tan and not like a vampire from some horror flick. I jammed my iPod, and a stick of eye liner into my purse. My wallted and cell phone were already in there.

I ran out of my bathroom, bedroom, past the kitchen, screeched a 'good-bye' to Matt who would probably go to his own home now and left my condo, took the elivator down to the ground floor and did a brisk walk down to the Harrah's Hotel.

Seven blocks, and a stubbed toe later you were at the Harrah's Hotel. You quickly entered and took your seat next to Sanchez at the front desk, and turned on your computer. Sanchez was on the phone with someone but turned and gave you a smile and you smiled in return, she turned away and began typing at her own computer.
The login screen popped up, I filled out the spaces and clicked log in.

Username: Kartolla Teannings
Password: Hadrien

(me: Kartolla is your name and it's pronounced "Car-toll-a" but quickly not retardedly slow, Teannings is your last name)

I looked at the clock at the bottom right corner "10:47" is said tauntingly, but hey, at least no one was here that was gonna bust on me for being late.

Sanchez got off the phone, "Hi Tolla," she said to me.

"Hey Sanchez, how's it going," I half greeted, half asked as my reply.

"Same old, same old, just happy to be alive," she replied. Like I say a little to perky...

"I can't say the same," I mumbled under my breath as I checked my messages, but she didn't hear me and returned to her own work.

About six hours later it was five o'clock, time to go home. It was still dark outside but the first two shiftman of the day had arrived, taking mine and Sanchex's places, Sanchez left giving me a wave and I headed to the bathroom. I popped in my nose and lip ring, took down my hair, applied the extra eyeliner then headed out into the night or morning, whatever, on my way home to get some sleep.

By the second block, I had already twisted my ankle from my two inch heels, they were only two inches but I wasn't graceful... at all. It was October, late at night, or early in the morning, cold, and here I was limping home.

I was looking down at my ankle as I kept walking forward slowly so I didn't put that much weight on it and I bumped into some guy's chest.

"Sorry," I mumbled almost un-audibly, as I looked up into his eyes, and then kept walking but he had still heard me.

He walked up next to me, "It's ok, what's your name?" Oh spare me it's five o'clock in the morning! There's no way I'm talking to him.

"None of your business," I told him coldly as I kept on walking.

"Exuse me? What's your name miss?" He asked again. Maybe he hadn't heard me.

"None of your business," I repeated myself, this time slightly louder and I picked up my pace a little bit even though with each step my ankle throbbed with pain. Was that my action phrase today? 'None of your business'?

He placed a hand on my shoulder and I swatted it away. This time he moved quicker, placed his hand on my left shoulder, but when I moved to slap it he was already on my right shoulder and gave me a shove to the ground. Well not really to the ground... more like to the lamp post. And I blacked out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I groaned as I held me head against the pillows, I had one hell of a head ache. I tried to point and flex my feet but one of my ankles was... bandaged? Right, right, right, I had twisted it last night. I didn't remember wrapping it but I guess I did. I opened my eyes and stared into a white pillow. How delightful.

I rolled over onto my back and stared up at a thirty foot cieling! There was no way I was at my own home. There was a glass chandelier that illuminated almost the whole room, it still didn't get into the shadowous corners. The whole room had nice wood work, the base boards, the dresser, doors, the bed. The bed that I was laying in had white sheets and a black down comforter on it which I hardly needed but the weight was still nice. The window was covered with gold fabric shades that had a pully on the side to open it or close it.

I bit my lip where my lip ring was, a nervouse habbit I had. Where was I? Why was I here? How did I get... that guy! That guy from last night! Jesus fucking christ.

"Do not refer to Jesus Christ in anyway in my realm," you heard a man's voice say. Probably the physcopath who had kidnapped you last night.

"I am no physcopath Kartolla."

Oh great I'm with some nut job who doesn- Hey! Did he just read my thoughts!?

"Surprising?" He asked me as he came closer from a chair on the other side of the room.

If I don't talk I have power over him.

"Have you already forgotten, precious, that I can read your mind? You have no power over me what-so-ever," he answered.

I got up from the bed and backed up as far away as I could from the... thing, whatever it was.

"I am not a thing, I am not an it," he said, now he was seven feet from me and still, unfortunately, approaching. He smiled at me and revealed two protruding fangs for canine teeth.
"I am, a vampire."

Could he really be a vampire? I wasn't fully prepared to believe that yet, yes he could somehow read my mind, but a vampire?

"And... why should I believe you?" I asked the man or vampire or better yet the physco, yeah physco let's go with that.

I was looking right at him and within a blink of my own eyes he wasn't infront of me anymore. "Over here," he called from a corner, I whipped around to see him in a dark corner with his eyes gleaming a dark ocean blue, then he was gone again. I felt hot breath on my neck and cold hands on my bare shoulders.

"Am I still a physco? Or am I a vampire now?" He asked me.

Reality hit me. Wham. I was kidnapped by an actual vampire, who had to be stronger than me, he was taller than my mere 5'6", and he was just playing with me before he would plunge his fangs into my flesh and drain me of all my blood. I turned around to face him, my capturer. He made a face at me.

"Gruesome little thing aren't we precious?" I guess he had read my thoughts... again. "And this, is hardly playing," he said with a devilish smirk.

------------------------------------------
I wish I knew what the hell I'm
/doing/ on this website!
Sign up to rate and review this story