Categories > Original > Fantasy > Well... Apparently Vampire's Exist

~Chapter 2~ Kiss Me?

by AvengedXXXSevenfold 0 reviews

Kartolla Teannings, a young adult working in Atlantic City, has been captured by an attractive Vampire, who she doesn't think is very charming. Kidnapped and taken to Hell, she finds out who Vincen...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Published: 2006-12-03 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 2441 words

0Unrated
Well... Apparently Vampire's Exist ~Chapter 2~ Kiss Me?

I woke up in the same bed for the second time today. And hopefully for the last time in my life because I was getting O-U-T-T-A, outta here! I saw a picture of the vampire... thing in my mind with his black hair that was obviously in layers that hung down past dark ocean blue eyes and his rather pale complexion. What a loser. What was I worth? Nothing. Exactly. What's interesting about me? Nothing. Exactly. Why am I annoyed? Because of everything? Yes, exactly.

"Pessimistic little thing aren't we?" his voice made me jump in the bed.

"How long have you been over there?" I asked him but I only half expected an actual answer.

"Over..." he started to say and vanished next to the side of the bed I was on "...where?" he finished as I scooted away from him and to the left side of the bed. "There's no reason..." he started another sentence then vanished, "...to be afraid of me, I'm not going to kill you," he finished his sentence as he appeared behind me and I backed into him on the bed. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled my back down on top of his chest. I didn't squirm or move. His face was close to mine, which meant his mouth was close to my neck. I lied there my back on his chest with his arms wrapped around me stiff as a board. My heart was beating faster and faster and my face was getting warmer.

He let out a sigh. "For at least the third time, I'm not going to hurt you right now!" He said loudly and his words rang in my ears.

I'm not going to hurt you /right now/.
I'm not going to hurt you /right now/.
I'm not going to hurt you /right now/.

"Oh shit," he mumbled, I guess he had just figured out what was going on through my head.

"You're not going to hurt me /right now/, so what about later, when you get bored of me, or I'm not as..." I stopped to think of the word he had used earlier about me, "interesting? Then what's gonna stop you from plunging your pearly white fangs into the soft tender flesh on my neck and drinking my oh so sweet and delicious blood?" Images flashed through my mind of him actually doing what I just said. I shivered at the thought and pushed those images far away and into the back of my mind.

"I can't tell you what will happen in the future, but for right now I'm not going to hurt you. Even though what you just said sounds a little tempting, you made it sound a little to tempting my precious," yeah... exactly what I was thinking myself. I decided to ease up to him, I hoped I could trust him.

I moved my body and lied next to him, he still had his right arm wrapped around my shoulders and dangling on my right side.

"That's a good little girl," he said as he looked down at me and I rolled my eyes.

"You know my name, right?" I decided to talk again.

"Mmhhmm, Kartolla Teannings, why?"

"Well," I started hoping he would give an answer, "I was wondering if you could tell me your name?"

"Vincent Sullivan." He said bluntly and closed his eyes.

The question of why I was so interesting still rammed the sides of my brain pleading to come out my mouth. I really wasn't that interesting.

"Your eyes." He said to me while his own eyes remained closed.

"Huh?" What was he talking about?

"I just answered part of your question, part of what makes you so interesting is your eyes and..." he trailed of leaving me with knowing that my eyes were partly interesting. Woopdy doo, I had made it so far in getting an answer.

I just lied there for awhile. Who knows what he was thinking about or if he was just having a field day reading my mind and collecting my own thoughts. Song lyrics crept into my head and I started to sing in my head.

Now fighting rages on and on
To challenge me you must be strong
I walk your land but don't belong
Two million soldiers can't be wrong

It's no fun but I've been here before
I'm far from home and I'm fighting your war
Not the way I pictured this, I wanted better things
Some are scared others killing for fun
I shot a mother right in front of her son
Take this from my consciousness
And please erase my dreams

Fight for honor, fight for your life
Pra-

"Pray to god that our side is right
Even though we won I still may lose
Until I make it home to you
I see our mothers filled with tears
grew up so fast where did those years go?
Memories wont let you cry
unless I don't return tonight." He finished the chorus for me. How did he know Avenged Sevenfold lyrics? That was so cool! "You don't always have to refer to me as "him" or "he", you may use my name, Kartolla," he told me.

"Sorry," I murmured, then perked up a little bit and rolled over so I was on my stomach and propping myself up on my elbows, "How do you know Avenged Sevenfold lyrics?"

"I don't," Vincent, actually I'm gonna call him Vince I decided, Or Vin. He let out a small little laugh. My face went blank. Huh? What? He just sang the chorus!

"But... you just sang the chorus..."

"Yes, I did, but I didn't know the words until now, I went into your mind and found them and how you would sing them and then sang them myself." Well, that's rather interesting.

"Loser," I said to him.

"You don't like me that much, do you?" he asked me, was he serious?

"Uhhh... no," why would I like him?

"And why not?"

"For starters, you annoyed me on the street last night, then shoved me into the lamp post causing me to black out," I took a breath and hoped he wouldn't be mad enough to hurt me, then I decided if he wants to hurt me he can just kill me for all I care. Seriously. What's here that I want? "You kidnapped me, you're a vampire, you're just keeping me until you figure out what's so interesting about me, and you constantly read my thoughts, my private thoughts, in my own mind, not meant for anyone else except me. Me, myself and I, my mind and thoughts are for me only." Yeah now he would probably just lunge at me and kill me. Damn.

"Well Kartolla I'm sorry you feel that way, but then again I don't really care that much. Remember to watch your tongue around me and all vampires because it is true that we could kill you in an instant." Great. Don't lunge and kill me, threaten me and make me scared. Other vampires? Whatever I guess I'd meet some later.

I let my elbows fall and my body and head crashed to the white pillow, my face buried itself into the pillow. I really didn't want to be here. But he was right. He could kill me whenever he wanted. "Leave me alone," I said although my words were probably muffled through the pillow.

"You've been up all night at your job, then slept for a whole two hours today, I think you need to sleep." Boy was he right.

Someone actually probably a vampire was pounding on the other side of the bed room door. "Hey Sullivan, let me in, your damn door's locked!" the person, now obvious to me a man hollered. Well he could be a vampire... I meant he was male.

Vin no wait I'm changing back to Vince. Vince looked at me then yelled back to the man, "No, just go away for now."

"Sullivan, it's time to go hunting! Don't you want some more blood and maybe even a nice girl t-" but who ever it was, was cut off.

"Aiden, this is the last time I'm telling you to go away!" Vince stated.

I started moving to the other side of the bed if it was time for Vince to go hunting and he wasn't going... and I was right here... Vince looked over at me and rolled his eyes.

"Fine," I heard Aiden say, who now I obviously knew was a vampire as I heard his footsteps get farther and farther away.

I was off of the bed now and still backing up a little bit, "Where are you going? Come back here and sleep, I'm not going to feed off you."

"P-promise?"

"Yes I promise," Vince said as he folded the sheets, cover, and comforter back for me to get in. I walked over to the bed and climbed onto it, then into it and Vince folded the covers up over me. He leaned down and I turned away. He had just promised he wouldn't bite me! "Calm down Tolla," he said in a soothing voice and I rolled back over. All he did was kiss my forehead then headed for the door. "If you need anything just call me in your head, I'll hear you and come, good night precious," and with that he walked out the door. I heard the door click, telling me that it was in fact, locked. Brilliant little bastard.

The room was dark and I expected to fall asleep quickly. I was used to falling asleep with my iPod playing softly in my ears but I'd just have to try falling asleep without it. But I couldn't.

I toss and turned in the bed trying to get to a comfortable position to sleep in, but failed miserably. I was hot and threw the covers off, then was cold and pulled them back. The king bed was too big for me and I didn't really like it. It was so far to the other side who knows who or what could just appear there like Vince could.

I sang songs in my head then tried counting numbers until I got to 379. I imagined I was in my own bed, in my own home, and I would wake up tomorrow, have a lousy day and go to my job. No matter what I did, nothing worked.

My whole meeting and stay so far with Vince replayed in my head. Bumping into him on the street, being shoved into a lamppost, waking up here, talking to him a little bit, him kissing me, then I fell asleep... and woke... up right... here.

'VINCE!' I screamed in my head, hopefully he would hear me.

Vince's Point Of View

Here I was in my office sorting paper work when really all I wanted to do was go up to my bed room and crawl into bed with Tolla. She really was beautiful even if she didn't notice it.

"Hey Sullivan can I come in?" I heard Aiden ask from outside the door.

"Sure," I said even though he was the last thing I needed to deal with.

He entered my office and took a seat in a blue cushioned chair. "Why didn't you want to go hunting tonight?" he asked me. At least he hadn't gone into my room after I left to see what was in there that kept me from going.

"I just didn't want to go," I told him even though I didn't have to give him an answer at all. I was the owner of this house and he was merely one of the few vampires that shared it with me.

"But yo-" he started but I cut him off.

"Aiden, go do something besides bother me, I'm busy and have work to do, good bye," I told him sternly, hopefully he would get the point I didn't want to talk to him about anything.

Aiden dragged himself over to the door and left.

'VINCE!' I heard Tolla shriek in my head. So loud I actually got a headache. Did I tell her to scream if she needed anything? I had left her up there for little over an hour, was someone in there with her?

I left my office, went down the hallway, and bounded up the stairs then down another hallway to my room and barged in.

Kartolla's Point of View

I waited for a moment or two, but not that long until I heard fast moving foot steps coming closer and closer to the door. Then Vince came in, flicked on the chandelier and quickly and locked the door behind him

"What is it?" he asked as he staggered forward a little bit.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, he looked just a little... out of it.

"Well... I just had some girl scream my name in her head and I heard it to, any idea who screamed for me?"

My face blushed a light pink.

"Sorry," I apologized to him. I didn't know I could give him a headache by screaming in my head.

"It's alright, now what did you want?" he said as he looked around the room.

"What are you looking for?"

"For whatever made you shriek like that," he told me. Was I really that loud? "Yes, you really were that loud."

I motioned for him to come sit down next to me and he came closer and sat down on the bed. He looked at me and now I felt stupid for even wanting this.

"Yes?" he asked me.

"Could you... kiss me?"

"You called me up here so I would kiss you?" he asked me in disbelief.

"No. Well, yeah kinda. Could you kiss me so I'll fall asleep... like before?"

"Ahhh little miss Tolla can't sleep then." Was he going to help me or make fun of me?

"Never mind," I told him.

"Don't be ridiculous, I came up here to help you," he said as he leaned down and kissed me on the lips. I expected to fall asleep but I didn't. "Oh I guess I didn't do it right," he said and smiled to me.

"Come on," I whined, "I want to go to sleep but I can't fall asleep, please!" He looked at me again smiled, leaned down and gave me a better kiss this time. When he pulled away he kicked off his boots and got under the covers with me. And I fell asleep next to... a vampire.
Sign up to rate and review this story