Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Familiar Stranger

Into The Black Pit Of Oblivion

by toonyweeny 4 reviews

"...even the most naïve of the naïve would have realized that Archie didn't, and never will, love you."

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-03 - Updated: 2006-12-04 - 773 words

2Original
A/N Eh... This is to make up for A Voice For Enchantment. It's the sequel to These Things I'll Never Say, but it is definitely not as light-hearted... yeah...

Pairings: TOTAL A/A

Warnings: A gigantic arguement between A and A.

Okay... on with the story!

"I did not, Archie!" I yelled at the warrior.

"Oh yeah? Well then, explain how I chanced upon the two of you in such a tight embrace!" His eyes blazed with anger.

"I've told you the truth Archie! He just came and put his arms around me!"

"Oh, so you expect me to believe that my best friend is trying to steal my girlfriend?"

"Well, don't you believe me?" I faltered. That was it. He didn't believe me. I swallowed, blinking back a few tears. "Well, since you don't trust me, why do we even bother to date? There is no trust between the two of us, so we might as well give it up!" With that, I ran out of the room and out of the building.

I ran to the park and sat at the edge of the river. Hugging my knees to my chest, I sat like that, looking out at the peaceful river, occasionally glancing up at the wise old moon, all the time letting my tears flow unchecked.

There was a rustle behind me. It was so quiet that a normal person wouldn't hear it. Not me. I'm a hunter. I hear everything.

"Who's there?" I asked cautiously. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

Something black jumped out from behind the bush, landing deftly on his feet. "Darling Atlanta. I hear that you have just broken up with your boyfriend?"

I got into my fighter stance. "How did you know?"

The god of time chuckled softly. Although it was a chuckle, it was anything but cheerful. It was just highly sinister. "Darling Atlanta. I know everything."

He walked over to me. I was paralysed with fear. Each step felt like a step closer to my death.

"Dear, sweet, naïve Atlanta. Indeed, I do intend to kill you. It won't hurt if you stay still."

My breath was becoming ragged now. I curled my hands into fists.

"You cannot hope to escape. I am a God, while you are a mortal. You cannot hope to fight me, and still walk away alive."

I finally found the words to form a snappy remark," That may be, but I'm not dying without a fight."

I leapt forward and pulled my fist back. Deep down inside, I knew that the fight was over before it even began.

He raised a hand and caught my fist. He clutched it tightly and proceeded to crush it. I groaned in pure agony. Just when I was about to die from the pain, Cronus dropped me. I landed on the ground with a nasty thud.

"You're sick," I spat. "You're just sick."

He smiled," Indeed, I released you so as to torture you even more. You're not as naïve as you look. But really, even the most naïve of the naïve would have realized that Archie didn't, and never will, love you."

I stopped. He was right again. Archie never did love me. If he did, he would have believed me rather than that snake, Todd.

It was this realization that filled me up with fury. I got up and ran towards him again, hoping to be able to deliver a blow. This time, he kicked me right in the stomach and sent me flying into the air. He conjured up one of his scythes and sent an energy bolt (A/N didn't know what it was called) in my direction. The impact brought me falling backwards and I landed in the pond.

My head hit something really hard. I presume that it was a rock. The water around me was dyed red by my blood. My vision started to blur and consciousness slipped away from me. I hung on desperately to that memory of that night when I told him just how I felt. The only true victory I ever had. And Cronus was taking away the memory of that one victory.

Something that stayed with me for an unnecessarily long time was just five words. It spiraled around in my head, singing out itself. Archie never did love you, Archie never did love you, Archie never did love you...

------------------------------------------------

A/N Eh, it was kinda short, but I'll write a longer chapter. In fact, I've already started on it, so I should be able to update soon... that is, if anyone wants to read it...
Sign up to rate and review this story