Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 6: "Falling Into Place"

by NeoSuperBlissey 0 reviews

Two important pieces in the puzzle of the fight against Voldemort and the Suliban fall into place!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Cho, Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-09 - 1591 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6:

"Falling Into Place"

255 years in the past...

On the Bridge of the /ESS Enterprise NX-01/, Captain Jonathan Archer turned in his chair when T'Pol, his Vulcan science officer, reported, "Captain, I have detected an temporal energy signature, bearing 310 mark 215." "Temporal? You mean time travel?" Archer asked. "But you said..."

Archer was about to say "/that the Vulcan Science Directorate said time travel was impossible/," before remembering Crewman Daniels, who was actually an agent from the 31st century, and who also sent Archer into that time so that Archer could see the "Federation" he would help to build. "Never mind," he said instead.

"It's some kind of proton burst, headed this way," Lieutenant Malcolm Reed, Archer's armoury officer, said. "Travis, full stop," Archer commanded. Ensign Travis Mayweather nodded, then slid a lever on his helm panel. "Full stop, sir," Travis said.

Suddenly, a rip in the fabric of space opened up on the viewscreen. A strange ship could be sighted on the other side. Then, another unlikely event occured: two figures appeared from out of nowhere. One wore a black jumpsuit with a gold and silver pin of some sort on the left breast, red on the sleeves and grey on the shoulders with a red undershirt; while the other wore a black robe, grey sweatshirt, red and gold-striped necktie and white undershirt, eyeglasses and had a lightning-bolt-shaped scar on his forehead.

The man in the black jumpsuit stepped forward. "Captain, we've been tracking you since the beginning of your mission," he said. "You're the only one who could help us."

Captain's Personal Starlog, October 1, 2155.

We've been visited by two people from the future-the 24th century, to be precise. One, Captain James T. Kirk, says that the Suliban and the so-called "Man From The Future" are still around and causing trouble in his time. The other, a Harold James "Harry" Potter, has provided me with the true identity of the "Man From The Future": Tom Marvolo Riddle, or "Voldemort," although Mr. Potter wishes to refer to him as "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

"He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" has apparently been intertwined with Mr.Potter since he was a baby: "You-Know-Who" (another nickname for Voldemort) had apparently killed Mr. Potter's parents and caused the lightning bolt-shaped scar on Harry's forehead.

Several years after that night, Harry would have many an encounter with "You-Know-Who" while attending an institution called "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." I have been told by both Captain Kirk and Mr. Potter that I am needed to help save the future one more time. Only this time, I must go to the future to do it.


As Captain Kirk and Captain Archer talked about the situation in the 24th century, Harry walked in the Mess Hall and got a cup of coffee. Harry saw a Denobulan at a table, eating a salad. Harry walked over to the table. "May I join you?" Harry said. "Please," the Denobulan said. "My name is Phlox. I am the doctor on /Enterprise/." "Harry Potter," Harry said, shaking Phlox's outstretched hand. "I have read about you, Dr. Phlox."

"I have heard about you too, Mr. Potter-how you come from the 24th century," Phlox said. "Yes, that's true," Harry said. Phlox looked at the scar on Harry's forehead. "Where did you get that curious looking scar, Harry?" Phlox asked.

"Well, if you've really heard about me, then you'll know that when Voldemort killed my parents, he tried to kill me by using /Avada Kedavra/-the Killing Curse," Harry said. "But as she died, my mother fought valiantly to save me, thereby producing a shield that basically negated the Curse."

"This is Captain Archer. Will Harry Potter please report to the Bridge?" Phlox stood up from his chair and walked over to a nearby comm panel. "This is Dr. Phlox, Captain. Mr. Potter and I are on our way."

On the Bridge, Archer and Kirk looked at the temporal rift on the viewscreen. The turbolift door opened, admitting Dr. Phlox and Harry. "Are you ready, Harry?" Kirk asked. "Yes, sir," Harry said. Archer turned to T'pol. "If this goes well, I won't be long," Archer said.

Archer then turned to Commander Charles Tucker III. "Take care of Porthos for me," Archer said. (Porthos being Captain Archer's pet beagle.) "I will," Tucker said as Kirk tapped his commbadge. "Kirk to Enterprise-A/." "/Granger here, sir," Hermione's voice said. "Hermione, three to beam up," Kirk said. Archer, Kirk and Harry dissolved.

A few days later, the Enterprise-A was docked at Deep Space Nine once more. While Kirk and Spock took a shuttle into the Bajoran wormhole, Harry stood and looked at the stars through a viewport on the Promenade. A dark-skinned human walked up to where Harry stood.

"Mr. Potter, may I talk to you for a moment?" the human asked. "Sure," Harry said. "You have me at a disadvantage, Mister..." "Sisko. Jake Sisko," the human said in greeting. "I am a reporter for the Federation News Service."

"So, Mr. Sisko, what is it you want to talk to me about?" Harry asked. "Well, for starters, I'd like to know a little about you and how you came to be on our side of the Galaxy," Jake said. "Colonel Kira to Mr. Potter," Kira said. Harry tapped his commbadge. "Go ahead, Colonel," Harry said. "Report to OPS, Harry," Kira said. "And, if you can, find Jake and Kassidy Sisko and have them come with you."

"I have Jake Sisko with me now, Colonel. Give me fifteen minutes and I will find Mrs. Sisko. Potter, out," Harry said before tapping his commbadge again to close the channel.

A few minutes later, Jake led Harry into the quarters he shared with step-mother Kassidy Yates-Sisko and her son, Andrew. "Kassidy, this is Harry Potter. Harry, this is Kassidy Yates-Sisko, my step-mother. Kas, Colonel Kira wants to see us," Jake said.

"Did she say why?" Kasidy asked Harry. Harry shook his head. "But, I'm sure it is an important matter to each of you," Harry said. "Potter to Chang. Cho, please report to Habitat Ring, Level 5, Section 4-3144. I need you to babysit someone while I take a couple of people to OPS to see Colonel Kira." "On my way, Harry," Cho said.

After Cho arrived to babysit Andrew, Harry, Jake and Kasidy went to OPS. Upon entering Kira's office, they saw Kirk, Spock and Kira talking to someone in a Starfleet uniform. "I see our guests have arrived," Kira said. The officer turned around, revealing a face Jake and Kasidy expected never to see again. "Ben?!?!" Kasidy exclaimed.

Harry looked into the eyes of Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisko for the first time. "Harry," Kasidy said after choking back tears, "this is my husband, Captain Benjamin Sisko. Ben, this is Harry Potter. He is from planet Gamma Germanicus 7, in the Gamma Quadrant."

"He has spent the last seven years among the Prophets, the non-coporeal life forms that exist in the Bajoran wormhole," Kasidy said. "Hey, Jak-o, how've you been, son?" Ben asked. "Fine, Dad," Jake said. "In fact, I'm the Federation News Service's Bajoran Sector Bureau Chief." "Congratulations, Jake," Ben said.

Sisko then turned to Harry. "So, you're the 'Boy Who Lived' the Prophets told me about," Sisko said. "Yes, Captain," Harry said. "OPS to Colonel Kira," a voice said. "Yes, Mr. ch'Thane?" Kira said. "Colonel, a Jem'Hadar battle cruiser has come through the wormhole. Its commander requests an audience with you and Mr. Potter."

"Beam him aboard, then have Security escort him and his Jem'Hadar escort to the Wardroom," Kira said. "Harry?" Harry followed Kira out of the Commander's Office. In the open doorway, Harry turned to Sisko. "Captain, before you talk to me, there is someone in your quarters you have to meet." The door slid shut.

Down in the Wardroom, Harry and Kira watched as two Bajoran deputies and a Starfleet security officer escorted two Jem'Hadar officers and a changeling-which Harry recognized from his studies of the Dominion War as Odo, former chief security officer of DS9, who had left DS9 at the war's end to help heal his fellow changelings.

Kira recognized Odo as well. "Bless the Prophets if it is true! Odo, is that you?" Kira asked. "Yes, Nerys. It is me," Odo said. "But, I am afraid that this is not a social call." Odo gestured to his Jem'Hadar escorts. "These are my escorts: First Jamet'Iklan and Second Taran'Atar." The Jem'Hadar nodded.

Harry tapped his commbadge. "Potter to Ron Weasley and Granger. Please report to the Wardroom on DS9."

A few minutes later, Ron and Hermione walked in. "Odo, this is Harry Potter, the representative from Gamma Germanicus 7 and his escorts: Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger," Kira said. Harry, Ron and Hermione nodded as Ron and Hermione took seats next to Harry, across from Odo, Jamet'Iklan and Taran'Atar.

"Nerys, I learned of the Suliban assault on Earth and Vulcan," Odo said. "Now, I bring word that the Suliban have also attacked several Dominion planets, including the homeworld of the Founders. All but myself were lost. One of them, before he died however, whispered a name in my ear: Voldemort." Harry, Ron and Hermione tensed.

"It seems, Odo, that despite what has passed between us in the past-between the Federation and the Dominion, I mean-we are now allies," Harry said. "Agreed," Odo said, shaking Harry's outstretched hand. "Kira to OPS. Mr. ch'Thane, send a Priority One communiqué to Earth. Inform President Bacco of today's events: the return of Captain Sisko and our alliance with the surviving members of the Dominion," Kira said. "Yes, Colonel," ch'Thane said.

::TBC::
Sign up to rate and review this story