Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 5: "Relief Mission"

by NeoSuperBlissey 0 reviews

The Enterprise-A helps relief efforts on Vulcan, Ron askes Hermione a question, and Harry and Captain Kirk go back in time!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance, Sci-fi - Characters: Cho, Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-04 - Updated: 2006-12-04 - 1088 words

0Unrated

Harry Potter and the Return of James T. Kirk

Chapter 5:

"Relief Mission"

The Vulcan system was teeming with ships and debris as the Enterprise-A entered the system. "Captain, USS Bozeman is hailing," Cho said. "On screen, Miss Chang," Kirk said. The image of Captain Morgan Bateson filled the screen.

"Jim! Jim Kirk! I thought you were dead," Bateson said. "It's a long story, Morgan, and we don't have the time to share it," Kirk said. "/That is true/," Bateson said. "/Listen. Our sickbay is full of casualties and all our auxiliary facilities are in use. Can I send some of our patients to the /Enterprise?"

"At your leisure, /Bozeman/. /Enterprise-A/, out," Kirk said. He then turned to Harry, Hermione and Scott. "Harry, Hermione, Scotty, take Engineering and Medical staffs to the Rec Deck and convert it to a triage area," Kirk said. Harry, Hermione and Scott nodded, then left the Bridge.

A few hours later, Hermione was treating an officer of the Andorian mission to Vulcan when Harry noticed that Hermione was tired. "Hermione, go take a rest. The medical staff and I can handle things from here," Harry said.

Hermione nodded and left the Rec Deck/triage area. She trudged to a turbolift. "Computer, what is the time?" Hermione asked. "/The time is 0859 hours/," the computer said. "Leaky Cauldron," Hermione said. The turbolift sped off.

Hermione walked into the Leaky Cauldron and plopped down at the bar. "What'll you have?" the bartender asked. "Get me a butter beer with extra foam," Hermione said. "It's been a tough night." "I would imagine so," the bartender asked. "Are you Hermione Granger?"

"Yes," Hermione said with a yawn. The bartender pushed the butter beer and a note up to her. As the bartender moved off to take other orders, Hermione opened the note and read it.

Hermione,

In light of the recent tragedy that has befallen Terra and Vulcan, I have had to cut the scavenger hunt short.

Look behind you.

Hermione turned around and saw Ron. He was in his dress robes, and held a red and yellow case in his hands. "Ron, what are you doing here?" Hermione said, adrenaline surging through her body counteracting her fatigue.

"I wanted to do this, just in case we do not survive what is to come. If that is the case," Ron said as he looked at Hermione. "I want our spirits to rest easy, knowing that I did what I had wanted to do ever since fourth year."

Ron fell to one knee, opening the case as he did so. "Hermione Jane Granger, if it is Merlin's will that we survive what is to come, will you make me the happiest man in the Galaxy? Will you marry me?" Ron asked.

But, before Hermione could respond, Captain Kirk's voice came on the comm. "All senior officers, report to the Briefing Room." Hermione looked at Ron and said, "Let me think about it while we're going to the Briefing Room." Ron nodded as he put the case back in the folds of his dress robes.

Ron took Hermione's hand in his. As she and Ron walked out of the Leaky Cauldron, Hermione prayed that, no matter what she eventually decided to do about Ron's surprise proposal, they could all survive a possible confrontation with the Suliban and their final confrontation with Voldemort.

Kirk nodded as Ron and Hermione took their seats around the Briefing Room table. "Spock, you can begin the briefing now," Kirk said. Spock inserted an isolinear chip into the data reader on the table. An image of a strange donut-shaped object appeared.

"In 2267, Captain Kirk and I traveled through time to 1930s New York via the facilities of this object, the Guardian of Forever," Spock said. "I believe that the Guardian might afford us an opportunity to get help for our conflict with the Suliban and, as our Hogwarts crew call him, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

Kirk nodded, as he inserted another data chip into the reader. Another image appeared on the monitor in place of the Guardian of Forever. "This is Jonathan Archer, captain of Earth's first Warp 5-capable starship, /ESS Enterprise NX-01/. Captain Archer and his crew had run-ins with the Suliban and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named on numerous occasions," Kirk said.

Harry raised his hand. "Captain Kirk, sir, are you suggesting that we travel back through time and pick up Captain Archer so that he could help us?" Harry asked. "That is exactly what I am suggesting, Harry. Miss Granger, set course for the planet marked in Federation charts as KF101093," Kirk said. "Dismissed."

As the crew stood up and left the Briefing Room, Hermione turned to Ron. "We'll have to wait until after my Auror's training, but yes, I will," she said. Ron smiled as he reached back into the pocket of his dress robes and pulled out the case.

Ron started to cry as he put the ring on Hermione's finger. "Now, you'd better get back up to the Bridge and set that course like Captain Kirk told you to," Ron said. Hermione looked at the overhead lighting gleaming off the diamond in the ring, then nodded to Ron and left the Briefing Room.

A few hours later, Enterprise-A had settled into orbit of the planet informally known as the Guardian's World. "Miss Granger, take the conn while Spock, Harry and I go down to the planet," Kirk said. As Hermione took the captain's chair, Ginny turned to Harry. "Be careful down there, Harry," she said. "We will," Harry said as Kirk, Spock and Harry got in the turbolift and it closed behind them.

Down on the Guardian's World, the shuttlecraft Galileo IV landed near the Guardian. As Harry stepped off of the shuttle, he fell to one knee. "Mr. Potter, are you all right?" Spock asked. "Yeah, I'm all right, Ambassador," Harry said. "I cannot help but feel the presence of Voldemort on this planet." "He probably had walked on this planet at sometime in the past," Spock said.

Harry, Kirk and Spock stopped in front of the Guardian of Forever. "Guardian, can you show me the time of Captain Jonathan Archer of ESS Enterprise NX-01/?" Kirk asked. "/All of time is mine to show," the Guardian said. The center of the Guardian became filled with various images, before stopping on a ship which would look familiar to any Federation schoolchild.

The ship image was replaced by the Bridge of said ship. "Harry, follow me," Kirk said. Kirk jumped into the Guardian, followed closely behind by Harry.

::TBC::
Sign up to rate and review this story