Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

Tragic news revealed

by InuKag 0 reviews

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-10 - 1739 words

0Unrated

Kagome opened her eyes slowly and cautiously trying not to stir; although the pain was subsiding, she wouldn't move until it had completely stopped. Unexpectedly, Kagome heard a soft growl and turned her head to see Inuyasha was resting beside her. He had his arm resting around her gently, and she couldn't help the urge to move closer to him; in spite of her pain. As she struggled to shift her weight, there was a twinge of pain that seemed to shoot from her abdomen and up her spine. In vain, she tried to stifle a moan awaking the sleeping hanyou.

"Kag... Kagome what are you doing?" His worried and sleepy voice filled their silence. Inuyasha began to stroke her hair as she sobbed into his shoulder. "I thought I told you not to move baka..." Normally she would have been pissed that he had called her stupid, but the love and agony that filled his tone instead made her ache to snuggle nearer.

"Inuyasha... whah... what happened?" He shushed her with his lips and pulled away.

"We'll talk about it when you get better... I need some time to think." He continued to stroke her hair until he heard her sigh; then her body go limp with peaceful sleep. He knew she would need it. He didn't know how badly this was going to turn out to be for her; she needed her energy, even if only to sit his ass for being such a bastard. I should have been more careful, I never should have left her sitting in the village alone... although, I didn't think anything of it... still it's my fault. Deep down he knew that he had done everything he could have done to protect her, but for now placing the blame on himself, seemed to make the pain of losing something you didn't know you wanted so soon, fade even if it was for only just a moment. When he was certain that she was deep in her slumber, Inuyasha carefully peeled himself from her side and walked out into the harsh days light. It seemed as though everyone was on edge when Inuyasha came up to their small little gathering, but after a few moments Sango broke the tension.

"Inuyasha, umm... are you hungry? There's some fresh food cooking in the fire..." She was stopped by a wave of his hand. He could tell that Kaede hadn't said anything to them yet, so he took the opportunity.

"Sango, Miroku... I gotta talk to you guys about Kagome." He was uneasy and kept his hands inside the arms of his Haori. Shippou took one look at Inuyasha and followed Kirara back to Kaede, knowing that this was something that the young kitsune did not need to be present for. He would find out in due time what was happening. When the young fox was out of sight, Inuyasha sat across from Miroku and Sango and tried to collect his words. It was hard for him to have to open up, he just didn't do things that way, but he had no choice and he knew that the words had to be spoken. Inuyasha also knew that he would have to be the one to say them.

"What is it Inuyasha? Is this in concern to Lady Kagome's condition?" Miroku's brow was cocked as he held the Taijiya in his arms. Inuyasha noticed how mindful he was not to place his hands anywhere near her backside. He smiled inwardly at the newfound respect the houshi seemed to have on display.

"Yeah, okay so here's the thing... you both know I don't openly talk about my fears and feelings and such, but this is kinda serious. Kagome should be okay, but the baby..." He paused momentarily, refusing to let them see his tears fall. "The baby didn't survive." Sango gasped and burying her head in Miroku's chest, she began to sob. Inuyasha turned away as the houshi stroked her hair and tried so desperately to calm the woman beside him. Miroku noticed Inuyasha's disposition and calmly reached one hand to his friends shoulder.

"Are you going to be alright Inuyasha? This is pretty big..." Inuyasha shrugged, he honestly didn't know if he would be alright. He hadn't expected something like this to happen in the first place, he hadn't anticipated being with Kagome... he didn't think she could ever want a dirty hanyou such as him. He certainly didn't think that she would get pregnant. Now his head was spinning, he was losing everything he had... he knew that if Kagome didn't make it through this, he wouldn't be able to survive for long without her. Determined not to let the monk know all that, he just shook his head.

"Yeah, I think so."

"Does Kagome know? I mean, is she aware of what happened?" Sango was wiping her eyes and looking up to see Inuyasha's reaction as Miroku spoke.

"No. She isn't aware of it... and I don't know how I'm going to tell her, all I know is that it has to be me... so not a peep from any of you to her. Kaede already knows not to say anything... I have to do this. It's my fault she was taken anyways." Sango stood and walked over to Inuyasha as he spoke the last of his words. She slapped him across the face with a force that made Miroku cringe. Inuyasha glared at her, seemingly a bit afraid.

"Don't you EVER say that this is your fault. Any of it. Inuyasha the only thing you are guilty of is saving her... protecting her with your love... whether you ever admit it to anyone else, we all know you love her."

"I know..." He lowered his head in a state of shame before he snapped it back up and started to yell at Sango. "What the fuck did you slap me for!" Sango couldn't help but smile inwardly at the immaturity rolling off of Inuyasha.

"To bring you back to your senses... it always seems to work... even if it is only a temporary fix... on Miroku. Inuyasha, I know how much this is hurting you and I know you need to be strong for her but... just don't forget that you can't ignore your own emotions." Sango walked back to the fire and picked up two bowls of the soup that she had made for dinner. "Here, take one to her in case she awakens... and eat the other. You don't look so good Inuyasha. You don't want her to worry." Inuyasha simply nodded and took off to the hut where she was sleeping.

~*~

Kagome awoke in silence as the sun seeped through the flaps to the hut. Slowly, she sat her frame up against the wall that her makeshift bed had been positioned against. Letting out a small moan at the slight ache this caused, she braced herself with her hands and let her legs dangle over the side. /Inuyasha/. It was her first thought, she needed him near. As if almost on cue, the flaps to the tiny hut were being pushed aside by a male figure in the door.

"Kagome...? What are you doing? Why are you up, you silly girl you are going to hurt yourself." Kagome smiled, Inuyasha was always the worrywart. He came to her slowly and placed his arm around her back, sitting beside her. She rested her head against his shoulder and let out a breath.

"Inuyasha..." she whispered. He perked up and moved a bit to face her.

"What's wrong Kagome?" She looked confused at the expression on his face... the way he had walked into the room set off a spiral of hurt, she could tell something was wrong.

"I was going to ask you that..." Kagome looked painfully into his eyes as if she could read his soul. "I trust you enough to know that you won't lie to me... please tell me... I know something is wrong, I feel something is wrong." Inuyasha looked down, but Kagome reached her hand to his face; pulling his gaze. The pain had subsided from the care she had been receiving, leaving little than a mark upon her abdomen and an ache that felt like she had worked out too much after being stationary for too long.

"Kagome... there's... there's something that I have to tell you... but... but..." He couldn't control himself. The emotions were all fighting to come to the surface at once, he tried being strong for her... but at that moment he just couldn't. Kagome hugged his head to her shoulder and rubbed her fingers over his ears. Finally, Inuyasha's breathing slowed into a calm pace. She guessed he hadn't slept in a few hours or days, she didn't know how long she had been there... nonetheless she let him sleep. An hour had passed and, as he napped, Inuyasha's hand found its way to her stomach and started to softly graze over her bandage. It was then that Kagome realized what it was that he was probably so emotional about. Choking back her own tears, she grasped his hand... pushing it away, and intertwined her fingers with his. He awoke to see her gray eyes looking sadly into his own amber pools.

"Oh Inuyasha, I'm sorry..." She started to shake as the tears wracked her body. Inuyasha simply pulled her close and stroked her hair.

"Oi Baka, what the hell are you sorry for? You didn't ask for this to happen... If it's anyone's fault it's mine... I let my guard down when I shouldn't have." Kagome pulled away from him. Her saddened gaze had changed to an angry glare.

"No. Inuyasha stop blaming yourself, you don't have the right to do that. This isn't your fault. I was alone, I knew that there was something there and I continued to do what I was doing instead of calling for you. If it's anyone's fault it's mine." Inuyasha pulled her back to him, rubbing her back to pull the tension from her body.

"If I can't blame myself, then you can't blame yourself... got it wench?" It was a whisper but she responded by hugging him tighter.

"Inuyasha, I have to go home... My mother... I ... I need her right now." Inuyasha nodded and kissed her forehead.

"Let's wait a few days until you are healed a bit more."

Sign up to rate and review this story