Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Best Thing that You Never Had

Awkward firsts...

by thexrealxme 1 review

i'll give you a clue : theres a big black horse and a cherry tree.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-10 - 875 words

1Funny
"Do you think we're good for eachother?"

"Yes, of course. Why do you ask?"

Amy turned her body so she was laying on her side, facing Andy on the bed. She had the bedsheets pulled up passed her bare chest and held them close.

She sighed. "I don't know Andy. My feelings for you are really strong and everything's always amazing when we're together. But... haven't you noticed that our 'firsts' seem to be a little awkward. I mean our first kiss was humiliating and our first, well - this, was uh... that."

She pointed to the lamp that had once been on the bedside table, and was now broken on the floor. It had been flung off in Andy's clumsy attempt in laying Amy down 'gracefully' on the bed... which ended up him banging his knee on the bottom of the bed and Amy landing hard on the mattress, arms flaring, thus sending the lamp into the air. Needless to say, the rest of the 3, well, 2 and a half minutes weren't much better.

She continued "What if we don't have /that chemistry/. You know, like that sexual chemistry." Andy's faced turned bright red as he was staring at the ceiling. "Andy say something for fuck sake!!"

He took a breath in and faced her. "Is this your way of breaking up with me because we've had a few awkward intimate moments?"

Amy's eyes got wide and quickly shot back "No! God no! I don't want to break up... I love you. I guess it was just my way of asking:: is there something wrong with me?"

His faced looked calmer and he smiled softly. He cupped the side of her face and leaned in close. "Hey ... aside from having the ability to turn me into a fumbling idiot, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, wrong with you. And it's not that you make me nervous, it's just I want things to be perfect."

She leaned up and kissed his mouth. "Just ... don't think too much about making things perfect with me. Things are perfect the way they are."

"Okay and so what if we had an awkward first kiss. That doesn't mean anything now..."

He continued to kiss her. She giggled "That is true. So..." She smirked "You up for trying this again?"

12 minutes later, [oh yes - there was some improvement], they layed next to eachother in Andy's bed wrapped in eachother's arms and breathing hard.

"Okay ... that... was... definitely... better."

Andy turned and smiled at her. He was feeling frisky and obviously had much, uh, endurance left in him.

"Again?"

She giggled. "Again..."

**************

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned


Amy was making breakfast in the morning. Andy's mother was out of town visiting her father for two weeks, leaving Andy in charge since she was the only parent involved in his life. Amy and his mother got along very well and she was more than happy to let Amy stay the whole time while she was gone.

She flipped the omlette she was making for herself and got a little more into the singing.

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find


She put the omlette on the plate and put the spatula she was using up to her mouth, her microphone. She started swaying her hips and dancing, dramatically acting out the words using hand gestures.

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions


She got louder and louder.

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten


"Well... we've found Patrick's replacement if he ever gets sick."

"Aaah!" Crash:: the spatula flew out of Natasha Bedingfield's hand and onto the floor. Amy's faced turned bright red. "You scared the shit out of me."

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, giving her a kiss on the neck.

"You were singing."

She giggled and rocked on his arms "I get really into that song... don't tell anyone that I actually know the lyrics."

"Oh I'm telling everyone. Thats it... I'm making phone calls."

She slapped him and he spun her around so she was facing her.

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it


He was mocking her voice, and her dancing. She pushed him. "Okay I get it... you caught me singing a cheesy song and using a spatula as a microphone. Ha ha... real funny. Now you know all my deepest and darkest secrets."

They giggled and sat down together for breakfast. They had spent their first night together. And actually together, just the two of them, not in Patrick's basment, in what seemed and felt like their own little house. Their own little life.

--------------------------------------------------

short chapter, but my last one was long, so whatever. I think its cute.
Sign up to rate and review this story