Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 1: What makes you Stronger

by livingontheedge 0 reviews

Esther is the glue that holds everything together but when things are falling apart she isn't strong enough to hold it together anymore, better yet she is trying to make Ion see how much she truely...

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-12 - Updated: 2006-12-12 - 701 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1: What makes you Stronger

It was the first time that I tried to help him that he pushed me away. I have helped him through the event with Radu and yet he doesn't feel the need to thank me or even show he appreciated it. I anticipated it though and saw it coming.

"Ion," I replied as I knocked on his door, "Is there anything you need?"

"For the last time," Ion replied opening the door, "If I need anything I will call you Esther."

"Well I just thought I would--

"Well don't think," he replied closing the door.

Once again I was facing the familiar door in front of my face. I wondered outside with a book in my hand and sat down on the nearest bench. No sooner had I opened my book and I heard footsteps behind me. I thought it was just someone passing by but then they stopped. I saw a shadow looming over me. I couldn't make out who it was. I slowly closed my book and then stood up and turned around only to find no one was even there.

"Is someone there?" I asked willing to hear an answer but nothing came. I returned inside and began to do some work. I was only here to clean and help out with Ion. I used to be with Abel or Father Nightroad as everyone knows him to be until that tragic day when I saw what he really was and so did Ion. Ever since then Ion is trying to hunt down and kill Abel and so he fled. Where? I do not know. Ever since that tragic day when Radu betrayed Ion, he hasn't been the same. I tried so hard to make him see how much I care for him. How much I would do for him, but yet he still pushed me aside.

"Esther come here," Ion said in the dining hall.

"Yes Ion?" I asked.

"I heard someone saw him today and he was standing right next to you," Ion replied eating his supper, "Is this true?"

"I don't know what your talking about," I replied looking at him.

"You mean you don't recall having Abel standing next to you earlier!" He yelled standing up.

I backed away as his anger rose.

"You know how much I want to find him don't you?" Ion asked.

"Yes sir," I replied, "but why is it that you want to kill him so much? So perhaps he is a vampire, or maybe a monster, but he kills for the better!"

"He doesn't deserve to live," he replied.

"Why?" I asked, "Because he killed Radu, the one who was the real monster!"

At I said that I didn't notice how fast Ion was coming at me. He pushed me against the wall and held me by the throat.

"I could kill you right now," he said looking at my neck.

"I...don't recall seeing Abel today," I replied keeping the tears from falling, " I didn't mean to upset you, your Excellency I am sorry."

He didn't loosen his grip until I did let a tear fall.

"Fine," he replied letting go, "Go."

I trembled as I walked but then stopped.

"I once had someone betray me," I replied not caring if Ion was listening or not, "It was the betrayal that made me stronger and I had wanted to kill that person, but the fact is that I don't want to anymore. I know that if I did search hard that our paths would eventually met again but it is not taking vengeance that makes me stronger than him. Don't not let your hunt for Abel take over your whole life your Excellency, because it doesn't make you any stronger. What makes you stronger is being the better person and knowing that killing someone, just because you think it needs to be done, is not always the solution to be the pain or even to replace it."

I happened to notice that Ion was listening but didn't say anything so I left the room.

"I want to help you Ion, make you understand, all I need you to do is just let me."
Sign up to rate and review this story