Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 2: Not even a Flicker of Emotion

by livingontheedge 0 reviews

Another on going battle with Ion and Esther

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-12 - Updated: 2006-12-12 - 748 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: Not even a flicker of emotion

I was sleeping and sweat was running down my forehead. I remembered that night with Dietrich and the church. He was killed in front of me and I wanted to help him, I wanted to console him, he was my only friend.

"NO!" I yelled waking up. Why is this happening? Why am I thinking about that night?

"What the heck was that?" Ion said coming into my room.

"Oh I am sorry I didn't mean to--

"Why is it you have become such a burden?" he asked rubbing his forehead.

I looked into his eyes. He was man, yet acted like a mere child sometimes.

"I had a bad dream I--

"Well learn to control yourself," he replied going to walk out yet I stopped him. I got out of bed and lightly grabbed his arm.

"Wait," I replied, "Did you hear what I said at supper?"

"Yes," he replied. His blonde hair was partly in his eyes and I raised my hand to push it away.

He grabbed my wrist and lowered my hand.

"Do not do that," He replied.

"Do what?" I asked, "touch you? Is it that you do not want me to or that you are afraid of me doing it?"

"I don't want you to," He replied.

"What is it that you're afraid of?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied.

"Do you fear to be loved?" I asked slightly curious, "because you fear you can not give it back?"

"Enough of this stupid rubbish!" he yelled, "I advise you to know when to keep your mouth shut."

He looked at me one last time and then descended out of the room. I was actually going to follow him until I felt a hand cup my mouth just mere minutes after he left.

"Don't scream," a voice whispered in my ear.

I shook my hand and the hand moved. I turned around and found Abel in my room.

"Father Nightroad," I whispered, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see if you were alright," he replied.

"How did you get in here?" I asked.

"It's funny how easy it really is getting in from the window," he replied with a smirk on his face and scratching the back of his head. His white hair was still in a pony and still kept very long.

"I am alright but it is not me you should be worrying about," I replied.

"Yes I know that," he replied, "but on that night I didn't mean for you to--

"It's okay," I replied running my fingers through my short red hair, "look you have to go before Ion or someone else comes."

Abel reached out his hand in a gesture toward me.

"I want you to come with me," he said.

"I can't," I replied.

"Ion is very dangerous," Abel replied, "Soon he will start caring so much for blood thirst and I don't want you to cross paths with him then."

"He wouldn't do that to me," I replied.

"How can you be so sure?" Abel asked.

"I...I am not," I replied, "But I have a feeling that--

"A feeling?" Abel said, "Did you have a feeling that night?"

"Father do not bring--

"Did you have a "feeling" that Dietrich was setting that all up?" Abel asked, "Did you have a feeling that he would betray you like he did, make you watch him die all for a sick game?"

"Please stop," I replied raising my hand, "You need to leave."

"Esther listen to me," Abel replied.

"Just please go before someone sees you," I replied.

"I will go, "he replied, "but I will be back so think about coming with me and what I said about Ion."

With a blink of an eye Father Nightroad was gone. I took a deep breathe and sat back down on my bed. Why is everything so messed up? Why am I caught in the middle? If I go with Father Nightroad , Ion will not only hunt for him but he will begin to hunt for me as well. He would have no problem killing me then. Yet what am I getting from staying here? I get rejected from the man that I love.

I laid my head on the pillow and looked up toward the ceiling until I finally fell asleep. I wanted to sleep forever that night and not wake up to the problems that tomorrow had in store.
Sign up to rate and review this story