Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 3: Failure to Grip

by livingontheedge 1 review

Esther is trying to get through to Ion but it isn't working...

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Published: 2006-12-12 - Updated: 2006-12-12 - 966 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Failure to Grip

I woke up later than I expected that morning. I rubbed my eyes as I was finally beginning to let motion back into my body. I quickly got dressed and left my habit off. Just being called a mere "nun" does not entitle me to be one all the time (especially when I don't attend the church as much as I should) so I wasn't going to wear it today. My red hair was almost done to my shoulders and I combed it while looking into the mirror. My blue eyes looked dull and emotionless for some reason today.

"In a union of the world today, vampires can not live in a world with humans, and humans can not live in a world with vampires," I heard one of the other sisters outside her room.

"You're wrong," I mouthed as a single tears slid down her cheek, "They can live together and in peace and I will prove it."

I walked out of my room and was in search for Ion. He was in the study reading some book.

"Ion?" I asked, "Do you want to go out somewhere, get away for awhile?"

"Go somewhere?" He asked raising an eyebrow, "And why would I do that?"

"Just to clear your mind," I replied smiling.

"If I went on an "outing" with you I would be wasting my time," he replied looking down at his book again.

"It wouldn't be as bad as you think you know, "I said with a plastered smile still on my face.

At that moment he slammed his book shut.

"You are really are annoying," he said, "Do you know that?"

"It doesn't hurt to take your mind off--

"It is not your job to tell me what to take my mind off of," He replied coming only inches away from me, "I can only hold in my patience for so long you know."

"I am not trying to intimidate you," I replied slight fear in my voice.

"Why is it that I do not believe you," He said coming so close that a shiver went down my spine. He licked his lips almost in anticipation. That's the moment where I decided that it was best I go. I turned and went to leave the room but he grabbed my wrist.

"Please Ion," I replied, "I--

I was cut off by his sudden action toward my neck. I swear I must have turned as white as a ghost as I screamed and awaited for the pain to come but it never did. Ion froze almost in an instant as if he was in another dimension. He still had a hold of my wrist and I was trembling in fear, as his eyes met mine. I didn't know what to do or what to say.

"You see," He replied letting go, "I am fighting a battle with myself and if you keep bothering me I could and would not hesitate to kill you Esther."

"You just lost control," I replied reaching out my hand to touch his shoulder.

"You don't understand," he replied as he grabbed my shoulders tightly.

"Help me to!" I yelled in his face, "How can I understand something that I do not know of, if you won't let me!"

He let go of my shoulders and smacked my face. I felt the sting as his hand made contact with my cheek. I landed on the floor with a thud and couldn't bear to look up at him this time.

"You don't know what it is like," he replied with malice in his voice, "It is something for you not to understand because you never could."

"I don't think being a vampire makes you a bad person," I replied.

"Esther," Ion replied, "You are so naïve. Of course it makes me a bad person because it is my life. I have no choice but to kill others and you are no different than any other that I have killed so I suggest you really keep your distance because next time I will finish what I have started."

"Stop!" I replied finally looking up at him. I stood up and let tears escape from my eyes.

"Stop what?" he asked, "Stop telling the truth, telling what is and might become ?"

"Give me your hand," I replied just above a whisper.

"What?" he asked, "Why would I--

I reached out and took his hand.

"Your hand," I replied.

"What about it?" he asked pulling away.

"It's warm," I replied, "and soft surely not the hands of a killer, just the hands of a man that is lost that's all."

"What do you want from me?" he asked.

"I want you to realize that I lo--

Right when I was about to tell him my feelings--

"Ion," Sister Simone (one of the sisters working at the palace) said, "It has been heard that Abel has been spotted."

"Good," Ion replied.

"Leave him alone," I replied looking at Ion, "Just leave Father Nightroad alone."

"You speak almost as if you have seen him recently," Ion replied grabbing hold of my chin, " Have you?"

"I.." I had a hard time answering considering Ion was tighting his grip.

"Ion come we need you," Sister Simone said.

"We are not done talking about this Esther," Ion replied letting go of my chin, "You will answer my question and tell me the truth."

I looked down as he left the room. Me and my big mouth. Here I was trying to protect Abel and I will probably be killed in the process. What am I even still doing here? I should have just left with Abel there isn't anything left for me here and I was silly to think that there ever was...
Sign up to rate and review this story