Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 4: Deadly Encounter

by livingontheedge 0 reviews

Esther is once again trying to get to Ion and Esther has an encounter with someone who she thinks will not hesitate to kill her...

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-12 - Updated: 2006-12-13 - 1257 words

0Unrated
Chapter 4: Deadly Encounter

I had a big mouth and I wasn't helping myself by avoiding Ion either. I am going on the second day of avoiding him. He was too busy talking to Sister Simone and someone who claimed to see Father Nightroad. I would think that Father Nightroad would have been more careful. He should have just left, he doesn't know what he is getting himself into.

I did what any other person would do (or at least thought they would do) and marched right up to Ion while he was talking to Sister Simone and some other man.

"Ion," I replied talking hold of his shoulder, "I need to tell you something."

"Can it not wait?" He asked glaring at me, "I am the middle of something."

"It can't wait," I replied.

"I will be right back," Ion said bowing his head as he left.

We walked around the corner and stopped.

"What is it Esther?" He asked.

"You need to stop hunting Father Nightroad," I replied, "Please just stop this right now."

"What the hell is a matter with you?" He asked raising a hand but then lowered it, "You are not even really worth it anymore."

That comment stung and felt almost as if he did hit me in the face.

"What Father Nightroad is and does is his own buisness," I replied, "not yours."

"What makes you think that it is your buisness?" He asked, "Tell me did you promise to keep him safe? Do you know where he is right now?"

"Look Ion," I said, "It is true that I may have spoken with Father Nightroad but--

"So you did lie!" Ion said as I backed up until my back hit a near by wall.

"I...I didn't want to--

"How dare you lie to me," He said slamming his hands on either side of my face. I felt his breathe on my ear as he leaned in, "Do you want to die?"

"I..." I began but terror kept me captivated from answering.

"Because it seems to me you like bargaining with your life," he replied, "not a very smart thing to do you know."

"I...don't want Father Nightroad to get hurt," I replied finally finding the courage to speak, "He doesn't deserve it!"

"Oh course he does," Ion said, "And how can I let him get away from killing Radu or all the other vampires?"

"Radu was a monster who turned against you," I replied, "There is a difference he needed to be destroyed!"

"Oh," Ion said removing his hands from beside my face, "You think you know everything don't you?"

He began to laugh then go hysterical.

"I don't think it's funny," I replied, "And I don't know everything but I know that at least Radu was a monster."

"Tell me did you know him before that?" Ion asked looking at me.

"No," I replied, "but one does not need to know another more than a moment to tell if they are a monster or not."

"So Esther," Ion asked, "Do you think I am a monster?"

"No," I replied, "but you need to get a hold of your temper."

"Oh Esther maybe it was your incident with that Dietrich that has made you close your eyes to the world," Ion said, "Open them Esther because the world isn't full of happy and good people. This world is filled with humans and vampires. They are two different species and will never live in peace. I am not going to let Abel destroy us just so he can spare people like yourself."

"You're the one who needs to open your eyes and ears Ion!," I replied, "If Father Nightroad hadn't killed Radu, Radu would have killed you. He was going to kill you, remember that day. I was with you I wanted so much to protect you and after that the day when Father Nightroad killed Radu after he released that machine on us, I held you in my arms and I cried for you because I cared."

"Esther perhaps you need to stop," For once Ion hesitated in what he was saying, "stop living in the past. Stop telling me what was and what we did. It does not matter anymore."

"Do you think I matter?" I asked walking toward him.

"What?" he asked acting confused.

"Do you think I belong here?" I asked, "Do I matter to you?"

"I...I do not know," He replied breaking the eye contact that we held.

"Why don't you know?" I asked.

"You have a habit of doing this all the time," Ion said, "One minute you are talking about Father Nightroad and Radu and the next you are talking and asking me about personal questions and seem to be off in a dream world of your own. It really is a most confusing matter you know."

"A dream world?" I asked, "Maybe you are right. Maybe I am living in a dream world becasue everything that I thought you felt just seems to be unreal. I guess my dream world is destroyed. I guess I have to face reality then."

"Esther go get rest or something," Ion said, "You do not know what you are saying and frankly I can not take it any longer."

I didn't bother to say anything but just looked down at the ground as I walked away from him. It got dark fairly quick and I began to pack a small bag full of my belongings. I needed to leave or just to be somewhere else. I am not getting anywhere with Ion. I don't think I ever was either. I finally felt I had everything but decided to make one last stop before I left. I approached Ion's room and slowly and quietly I opened his door. I walked over to him and he was sleeping as peaceful as ever. A tear fell down my cheek as I looked at him with sad eyes.

"I am sorry your Excellency," I said softly, "I do not belong here and I don't matter to you either. I will still always love you..."

I thought I saw his eyes flicker but I must have been wrong for he did not stir. I went out of his room and began to descend down the palace steps when I heard a noise in front of me. I stopped and thought it was just my imagination. After a couple of seconds I started to descend down the stairs again. When I reached the bottom I swear I could sense another presence there.

"Ion?" I whispered, "Is that you?"

"Oh dear Esther what a long time," A voice said that almost felt like a dagger piercing through my heart and a shiver was sent up my spine.

"Who is there?" I asked trying not to be too loud still thinking it maybe was Ion, "What do you want?"

"You always were a curious one," The voice said and all of a sudden I felt a sharp metal object placed upon my throat. I dropped my bag and felt like I couldn't breathe. I wanted to be back in my dream world again, where nothing or no one could hurt me...but my dream world seized to exist because I had no dreams left to hope upon and for an instance I saw my life flash before my eyes as I felt the metal pierce the top layer of my skin and felt a small amount of liquid slowly falling from it...
Sign up to rate and review this story