Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 5: The Start of ending it all

by livingontheedge 0 reviews

Esther realizes that she doesn't want to live or rather she can't seem to keep going.

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-19 - 961 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5: The start of ending it all

I was trying to scream but the terror I felt was so overwhelming and I was as scared as ever. I felt his breathe on my ear and it made me want to die. His presence made me want to die. A small pain was instilled on my neck as he moved the blade away. He let me go and I backed away.

"Dietrich," I said not believing my eyes, "What do you want? Why are you here."

I reached my hand to the neck and felt my fingertips being covered with blood. I removed them quickly and looked into the eyes I never wanted to look into again.

"Are you not happy to see me?" Dietrich asked, "Or do you still remember me that day, and my oh so "gruesome" death?"

"Leave here," I replied.

"Actually it looks like you were just about to do the same thing," He said looking down on the floor where my bag was.

"What is it that you want?" I asked again.

"I have a favor," He said, "and you leaving here isn't part of it."

"Well then I can not fulfill the favor then," I replied.

"I think you will," He said coming closer to me.

"Why is it that you think that?" I asked.

"Wonder if Ion will notice me taking his life away slowly now," Dietrich said, "Should I go and try."

He began to ascend up the stairs and I raised my hand because I knew very well Dietrich would kill him.

"No," I replied, "Don't."

"Well then I need a favor," He said.

"What is it," I asked looking away ashamed that I could not stand up and defend myself.

"I want you to help Ion find Abel within one week," He said, "because I have to talk to him."

"I...won't," I replied, "I don't need you are Ion hurting Father Nightroad."

"Suit yourself then," Dietrich replied going up the stairs again.


A tear fell down my face as I didn't open my mouth. I didn't want them to hurt Father Nightroad. I didn't want Dietrich to hurt Ion either. I balled my fists until my knuckles turned white.

"Fine," I replied, "I will help Ion find Father Nightroad."

Tears were streaming down my face for the fate that was placed upon me. Here, I was going to be responsible for possibly hurting Father Nightroad, the one who saved me all along.
"Very well," he said, "you have a week, and don't worry I will be back to check on you."

"But--" I was going to say but Dietrich was gone.

I heard someone come down the stairs and found Ion looking right at me.

"What the heck are you doing down here at this hour?" he asked.

"I didn't mean for--I mean I was," I replied picking up my bag.

"Going somewhere?" he asked.

"Yes...I mean no...I was...I mean no," I blunder the words in a stir of trying to find out what to say.

"What is that on your neck?" he asked.

I put my hand on the cut.

"It is nothing," I replied.

Ion came over to me and removed my hand.

"It is something," he replied, "It looks deep. Was someone here with you just a moment ago?"

"No, "I replied, "It has been just me. Well I should go back--

Ion grabbed my arm and held on with a firm grip.

"Was Abel here?" He asked, "Did you do something to make him mad?"

"No," I replied, "Just let me go Ion."

"You are lying again," He said glaring at me, "Someone else was here with you. Who was it?"

"It was no one," I replied.

In the fit of his anger his hand grasped my neck and he squeezed it. The pain was so much more this time. I felt the cut on my neck surge with pain and tears were streaming down my face.

"Who else was here?" he asked, "Tell me."

"..."

"Stop trying to protect Abel!" He yelled.

"It...wasn't him," I replied with all the strength I could manage, "It was Dietrich."

He let me go and my knees hit the floor. I put my hands on the ground and closed my eyes.

"Why would he be here?" he asked, "What did he want?"

"I don't know," I replied, "He left when he heard you coming down the stairs."

"So what did he cut you for then?" he asked.

"He wanted me to do something but didn't tell me what," I replied trying as hard as I could to lie and just go to my room, "he did it to keep me quiet."

"What is in your bag?" he asked, "Why were you up?"

I regained my balance and stood up and grabbed my bag.

"I might have been sleepwalking, "I replied, "I don't remember why exactly but I think I was until I ran into Dietrich. You know sometimes I still try and visit my dream world."

"Just go back up to your room then," he replied.

I ran up to my room and shut the door. I set my bag on the floor and placed my fingers gently on my neck and cried. I wasn't safe here. I wasn't safe anywhere they would find me and they would kill me. Father Nightroad will want to kill me after he finds out what I have done. I have no where to go and I belong no where. I want someone to end this...Ion I will ask him to end it for me. I will let him take my life, he will not hesitate to do it. He will do it...or I will do it myself.
Sign up to rate and review this story