Categories > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood > Losing Hold of something that has no Grip

Chapter 6: One happy moment only lasts for so long

by livingontheedge 0 reviews

Finally Ion feels something but it all ends too quickly

Category: Trinity Blood - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abel Nightroad, Other - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-19 - 1154 words

0Unrated
Chapter 6: One happy moment only lasts for so long

I hadn't really noticed that much as my body completely went numb and slumped to the floor. I didn't sleep at all and I felt my eyes were burning because I cried so much. I felt the dry blood on my neck and didn't bother with it anymore. I felt like someone dropped a pile of bricks and they were crushing down upon me. I had looked onto praying but I had nothing to pray for because in order to pray you need hope first and I am all drained out of that.

I flinched as I saw the doorknob of my door twist and open. Sister Simone walked into the room and her face turned ghostly white.

"Dear Esther," She said, "What has happened to you?"

I looked at her and couldn't find the strength to open my mouth and tell her what happened. Only moments later Sister Simone ran out of the room and came back with a wet washcloth. She lightly grabbed my arm and helped me into my bed. I laid there and stared straight up to the ceiling for I had nothing else to do.

"Rest now," Sister Simone said placing the cool cloth on my forehead, "Do not burden yourself with any other troubles right now. I am sorry I had not attended to you earlier. Esther all you needed to do was say there was something wrong or whatever happened to make you this way."

I reached up and lightly grabbed her arm.

"I am not the one who needs help," I replied.

"What ever are you talking about dear girl?" Sister Simone asked with confusion on her face, "Look you need some rest so go to sleep and I will come and check on you soon."

I didn't bother to tell her anymore as I watched her leave only by turning my head. I then placed my gaze back upon the familiar ceiling when I someone at the window. I turned my gaze and found Father Nightroad climbing in. I then closed them hoping that maybe he would think I was asleep and leave, but that didn't work.

"Esther I saw your eyes open just a moment ago," he replied lightly touching my cheek.

"I was hoping that you wouldn't notice," I said as I opened my eyes.

"What has happened to you?" He has scanning over me.

"It is but nothing," I replied looking away hoping that he would just escape here.

"Esther come with me," Father Nightroad replied, "I can not let you stay here any longer."

"It is not a choice of yours to make, "I replied sitting up, "It is a choice of mine."

"You are not sane," He replied, "You have changed."

"It does not matter," I replied, "you need to leave here, you need to leave this place while you still can."

"Esther I will not leave without--

"I said go!" I replied raising my voice, "I don't want to see you here again, I want you to leave."
"Esther you do not know what--

"I said leave and this time I mean it," I replied with anger in my voice, "You are being hunted don't you get it? You are--

I froze as I felt his presence behind me. I didn't want to move and I didn't want to continue breathing. I didn't want to do anything.

"Guards grab him," I heard Ion say as his gaurds rushed to Father Nightroad and held him, "Take him to a cell where we will keep him until I say otherwise."

A tear fell down my face as I watched them take Father Nightroad away. With all my protesting it availed to nothing. They would not listen and most of all he would not listen.

I hurried and stood up as Ion turned his gaze to mine.

"Finally I have got him right where I want him," He said, "all thanks to you."

"No," I replied, "I didn't want this to happen."

I went up to Ion and decided it was time. I went right up to him and slapped him as hard as I could on the face.

"You are vile," I replied, "and very selfish."

He held his cheek almost in shock and it took him a long time to react. Before I knew it I was in the same familiar position with him crushing his body against mine while my back was against the wall.

"You have no right to--

"To what?" I asked, "To give you what you deserve?"

I saw his fangs on either side of his mouth and took a big breathe. I awaited for him.

"You are so foolish and you picked the wrong time to anger me," he replied as he began to lower his head.

"I do not care because I do not fear it anymore Ion," I replied as I was in shock for the pain that was surely to come to my neck not come at all. Instead what Ion did almost made my heart stop. He let me go and he backed away. He had a bit of regret and almost sorrow in his eyes as he looked back at me.

"Ion what is wrong?" I asked reaching out my hand, "Why didn't--

"I could not," He replied, "I don't know why; this has never happened before."

"Just do it," I said as I grabbed his arm, "Go on and end something that you have awaited to end for awhile."

He pushed my hand away.

"No," he replied, "I can not do it."

"Ion please just do it!" I yelled as tears began to fall from my eyes, "I can not take any more."

"Esther I can not and will not," He replied, "but I know why I really could not though."

His eyes were watering and I couldn't believe this was the same Ion I was with all this time.

"It is because it intrigues vampires when their prey is scared and doesn't want to give their life, "He replied, "they fight just to stay alive but you didn't because you want to die and I don't think I could have done it any way even if that reason was not true."

"Ion--

He came over and did the unthinkable and wrapped his arms around me. He embraced me and touched me in a way I thought he would never. I in turned wrapped my arms around him. This moment was very soon interrupted as Dietrich came busting through the door.

"Sorry to ruin your little moment," He replied, "but Esther needs to come with me."

I feared for what I did not know. I wanted someone to pinch me for I had thought I was dreaming but I had soon noticed I had got too high of myself and that this dream was going to turn into a nightmare...
Sign up to rate and review this story