Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Ordinary Lives

23

by strange1 0 reviews

AU No hellmouth, slayer, witches. The gang are ordinary high school students. Some have grown up together. Others are new to Sunnydale. What kind of adventures will the gang have?

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Angel, Anya, Buffy, Cordelia, Faith, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce Summers, Oz, Spike, Tara, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2245 words

0Unrated
Giles sat at the computer. A place he would rather not be in a million years. In fact, he would rather be at the hospital with his niece. But it was late and they would have made him leave. Bloody idiots.
So the librarian sat doing the one thing he hated. Surfing the net. But he just had to. He had to get the answers that he so desperately needed. But every place he turned seemed to lead to a dead end. And dead was not a good thing with the current way things were going at the moment.
The funeral had been rather hard to sit through. Watching a man that he knew probably killed his own wife get all of that sympathy and kindness was way too much. And Tara sat in the background as always. She just let things happen.
He thought about the way she had acted. Not that she wasn't always shy and reserved, but she seemed even more so. And that had the librarian more worried than he ever had been in his life. And that included waiting to see if his niece lived. Than to see if she would see again. And now, see if she could regain the use of her legs.
But if what he suspected was happening, than Tara was in mortal danger. And what was sad, she was in danger from her own father. And with her brother now living on his own and not there to protect her, she was truly defenseless.
He slammed his fist down in frustration on the desk. His tea spilled getting his papers wet. "Bloody hell!" He got up and grabbed a towel from the kitchen and began wiping up the mess. At that moment, something popped up on the screen. It was an instant message but from someone he had never heard of.
'If you want to save the girl, check the records. They are there still. But well hidden. Even an investigation by the police will do no good. You must dig quickly and fast. Before it's too late to do anything about.'
Before Giles could respond, the message simply disappeared. There was no way now to find out who had sent it. Or why. But his fears had been confirmed. He'd have to go to the hospital and do some digging. Hopefully he wouldn't get caught.

Tara tossed and turned. Ever since her mother's funeral, she was haunted by the same nightmare. Her mother would come to her and ask her why she didn't stop him. Why she had let her die. Why she was now letting herself get hurt.
The dream would repeat itself all night long. Usually she ended up laying on the couch all night long just thinking of Willow and how she was doing. That was the only thoughts that she had going through her mind. Willow. The redhead. The girl that she loved more than anything in her life.
The blond sat up straight in bed. The nightmare was getting to be too much. She already had felt guilty for not spending that much time with her mom in the past few weeks leading up to her death. Now there was a part of her that was blaming her for the death somehow. It didn't make sense.
Slowly, the blond got dressed and made her way downstairs. She went to the fridge and pulled out her favorite drink in the whole world and poured herself a glass. It didn't take long to drink the whole thing, even though there was a little bit of a funny taste to it.
She sighed trying to decide what to do. It looked like another sleepless night for the girl. But she was getting used to that. There was one way that could make the night go better. The blond smiled as she made the perfect plan.
And it wasn't long before her plan had worked perfectly and she was in Willow's room at the hospital. All those times that she had come with her mom to the hospital had finally come in handy. If only so that she could see her girl for a little bit.
The blond sat down carefully next to the redhead trying not to disturb her. She knew that she still had to be careful because the girl was still recovering from the back surgery. But it wasn't careful enough because green eyes slowly fluttered open. "I'm sorry I woke you, baby."
Willow smiled big. "I'm not. I always love seeing my girl." She looked around. "Not that I'm complaining, but what time is it? It's seems late."
"It is." Tara stroked the redhead's face gently. "I couldn't sleep again. So I decided to sneak in and see my girl. What can I say. I love a pretty face."
"Whatever." Willow couldn't help but laugh. "Are you having the nightmares again? The ones with your mom?"
Tara nodded sadly. "Yeah. They just won't seem to go away. I wish I knew if they meant something. They kinda give me the wiggins and all."
Willow nodded. "Yeah. Me too. And I haven't been the one having them." She looked into those blue eyes of her girls. And there was still so much pain. It was really hard on her losing her mom. The redhead could so understand.
The blond carefully laid down next to her girlfriend. "If we don't get caught, mind if I spend the night?"
"You have to ask?" Willow laughed a little. "Hopefully we don't get caught." As Tara lay next to her, she could feel that her breathing was a little ragged. "You feeling all right?"
"Yeah." Tara sighed. "Just the nightmares." Her hand went absently to her stomach. She didn't even realize that there was a little bit of pain. But that was nothing new. Until she had met the redhead, there had always been pain. But not anymore, right?

Spike was now constantly holding his wrist with his hand. It was like he was trying to coverup the fact that there was a scar there. And that was silly. After all, no one would even know it was there unless they knew what they were looking for. And no one knew. Only him and his big brother.
Speaking of which, he watched as he slowly made his way up the driveway. The red car looked like it had never been in an accident before. But they both knew better, now didn't they. It had and the results were one Miss Rosenberg in the hospital.
The two brother's eyes locked on one another and held for several moments before the older one continued on his way up. Spike hadn't been sleeping much. He kept having the same dreams. One about Drusilla and another about Buffy leaving him. He didn't know which one was worse.
There was a gentle knock on the door. "Since when have you been into politeness and not just barged in."
Angel quickly opened the door and shut it. "Well, I've changed a lot in the past month. Or haven't you noticed." The dark haired man noticed how Spike was holding his wrist as he had been for the past few days.
"Had noticed." Spike looked out the window again. He didn't want to talk to anybody, but especially not his big brother. But he was the only one that really knew what was going on. "So, why you out and about so late? Hot date with Darla?"
"Found out about us, huh?" Spike shot him a look before returning his stare out the window. "I know, obvious much. And no. I wasn't with Darla. In fact, I stopped by the hospital to see how Willow was doing. They're optimistic that she will walk again. It might not be for a month or two, but she should walk again." He sighed and made his way to the bed and sat next to his little brother.
Spike turned around to look at his brother. "What? Is that supposed to make me feel better about what happened? That she's gonna be fine. Still all that pain and Dru's still dead or have you conveniently forgotten that with all your play time with your new girl."
"Spike, calm down." Angel noticed how Spike wasn't just covering his wrist. He was now rubbing it. "Are you all right?" He nodded at his wrist. "You haven't done anything, have you?"
Spike shot up from the bed and went over to the window. He opened it to let the cool and calming breeze wash over him. "No, you stupid gint. I haven't done anything. But I have been remembering. And I have been a little stressed out lately. A lot going on."
"There's more to it than stress and remembering." Angel walked up behind his little brother. "What is it? Buffy?"
Spike reeled around and grabbed his brother by the collar. "You leave her out of this. It's not her fault. It's mine. You hear me. Just leave her alone."
Angel stared at the anger in his brother's eyes. He knew it wasn't intended at him. But he also knew that it was real. And that if his brother lost control, even he would not be able to defend himself against the smaller and faster brother. "Spike." It was barely audible. But the word seemed to do the trick.
The bleach blond slowly released his grip on his big brother. He flexed his muscles not noticing until that moment how tightly he had gripped his shirt. "Sorry." He stared a moment. "I guess it's worse than I'm letting on. See, Buffy don't know about these beauty marks of mine. She's never even seen'em."
"And you're afraid to tell her." Angel kept his eyes fixed on his little brother as he made his way to the bed and sat on the edge. He began staring at the marks on both his wrists. "Listen, I really think you've got a good thing going with her. And she proved from day one that she's not just some shallow type of girl either. She gave up being with us so called populars just to hang with losers." Spike smiled a little at this. "I realize now that we were the losers. I think you can trust her with this. I think she'll handle it. But tell her the sooner the better. Secrets have a way of coming out. And when they do, they come back to haunt you in a big way."
"Since when have you been this damn smart?" Spike again rubbed his wrist. It was becoming second nature for him. "How is Darla? I really do like the girl. And I think she's good for you. If anything is."
Angel smiled. "She's been very understanding. But remember, she knows what we went through growing up. She knows what dad and mom are like. So that makes things a little easier."
Spike looked at his big brother. "But harder as well. After all, you can't go hidin your feelins as easy. She knows you too well, now don't she."
"Yeah." Angel looked at his own hands. "She knows all my little secrets now. And she still cares. I don't get it. How can she know the real me and still want anything to do with me."
"That's a tough one." Spike smiled as he continued. "I'm tryin to figure that out for myself." Angel glared at him. "Just teain. But seriously, I think she sees the changes you've gone through. What we both contributed to was one of the most horrible things in the world. I don't think either of us will ever forgive ourselves for what happened to Dru and Willow. But we can only do so much to make up for that."
Angel nodded. "We'll be paying for our mistakes for the rest of our lives." They sat in silence for a moment. "Let me ask you something. Do you feel guilty? I mean, besides 'the guilt'. But I mean do you feel guilty for moving on? For being even somewhat happy now?"
A sad smile made its way on to Spike's face. "Bloody right I do. Drusilla will never be able to find that happiness. And Willow will never be exactly the same again. And here I am having a good ole time with Buffy. Well, after we made up, we're having a pretty good time."
Angel stood up and stretched. "Guilt. It's a powerful thing isn't it?" He slowly made his way to the door. He opened it only a crack before he turned back around. "Why is it that the two of us feel guilty for our actions when Dad could care less?"
"I guess that part of us comes from our grandparents." Spike looked out the window. "At least they would pay to have their enemies buried. Dad just leaves them there to rot."
Angel shuddered at the thought. He closed the door and made his way to his own bedroom. The door across the hall opened and a man stared down the hall and than stared at the door across from him. He made his way back into the room.
"Ungrateful bastards." The man sat at a desk with a computer on it. He typed in a few words on the computer. There was quickly a response and he smiled. "That will show those two little punks that they can't blackmail me. The SOBS."
Sign up to rate and review this story