Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 8 > The Crystal Dragon

The Chosen one

by animelover100 0 reviews

A boy finds a crystal that grants his wish but he gets more than he bargained for. More of a tribute than story about the final fantasy series. I put it here because I use Bahamut and Tiamat.

Category: Final Fantasy 8 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-12-13 - Updated: 2006-12-13 - 1644 words

0Unrated
I don't own Bahamut, Tiamat or Final Fantasy

The Chosen One

Jonathan Frapna was a 17 year old with a bit of a bully problem. He was a tall, pale skinned young man with jet black hair, blue eyes and almost always wore his trademark outfit, a red hooded zip-up sweater with blue jeans that had a chain to prevent pickpockets from stealing you wallet easily. He always left his hair short so he could always see where he was going.

The problem wasn't that he himself was being bullied; it was that a lot of his friends were the ones being bullied nonstop. It was something he wanted to change, but was always either too scared or he didn't want to make the situation any worse. Almost all of the adults in the village of Wased were mostly a bunch of feeble cowards. They made the same old suggestions all the time. Things like "ignore them" or "move away". None of them ever worked.

The problem wasn't only that the group was persistent, but that the families of the group were all powerful figures in the village. The other thing was, the families were just as mean and evil as the groups individual members. The group called themselves the "Crusaders of Power" while the rest of the community called them "Dark Crusaders of Evil". John was determined to find a way to help his community, not to mention his friends.

John was working with his father Ray Frapna, one of the few adults with the guts to do anything, when Ray spoke up.

John respected his father so much that he didn't question anything his father said to him. Ray was also a tall man with blue eyes. He had short dark brown hair and almost always wore a pair of jeans and his light button up shirt. The reason John respected Ray so much was because Ray deliberately got himself fired from his business job at a local income office that kept track of how much money came into the village.

The head executive was one the crusaders fathers, and not just any rebellious teens dad, the leader's father. The leader of the group was Nick Stabman, a tall, unruly hairstyle, leather jacket, pants etc., jet-black hair and dark green eyes. His father, Nathan Stabman, was the tall clean-cut image of a businessman with neatly styled hair and dark green eyes that could have made even the toughest man run away like a dog with its tail between its legs. Ray, however, stood up to Nathan.

Nathan was going fire 20 employees on the spot just for the fun of it. Ray wouldn't tolerate this. The only trouble was that Nathan gave Ray 2 options, be fired in place of the 20 or be one of the 20 fired. Ray made his choice clear. John admired Ray for it.

"John, there is something I need to talk to you about that's real important." Ray began getting his son's full and undivided attention "I need you to listen very carefully, alright?"

John could only nod in response.

Ray continued, "John, there is an old family heirloom that my father gave to me to hold on to and protect that I'd like to pass on to you but I need you to prove you deserve it. Is that alright with you?"

"Yes dad, I understand but," John replied then asked "what is it exactly and how will I prove I deserve it?"

"A crystal dragon sculpture is what it is. As for proving to me you deserve it you must first find it in the attic and tell me if its glow changes from a fiery red color to a claiming sky blue color. In other words, you need to find it and see if it chooses you to grant its last amounts of magic energy to." Ray answered

"So there's no guarantee that it will choose me, is that right?" John asked

"That's right. Are you up for it?" Ray said

"Of course! I'll find it." John said then thought 'I have to for the villages sake!'

John then went into the attic of the house and searched around for the sculpture his dad had mentioned. He looked for a good hour or so looking before he actually found it. It was as Ray had said, it glowed a bright, fire like red. John knew this was it. It had to be it.

"Okay dragon," he said aloud "I beg of you grant me the ability to make my one desire to become a reality. I want the power to help my friends and my entire village!!"

Then the statue glowed with a brighter red in John's hands as if it was deciding, judging him. The statue then glowed a gentle sky blue and a portal appeared in front of him. A voice spoke to John, as if telling him how to find his answers.

The voice spoke saying, "Jonathan Anthony Frapna, step into the portal to find what you seek."

John without question went into the portal, not knowing what was inside. He ended up in a realm that was completely unfamiliar to him. There he saw a majestic looking dragon that had spoke to him. The dragon was enormous. It's wings were huge silver colored and his body was a fiery red color. Its head was shaped, as the statue dragon's was, a triangular shape that had two-foot long horns sticking out the back. It had triangular scales along its back. It was unlike anything he had seen or heard before. That's when the dragon spoke up again.

"Welcome Jonathan, son of Ray, grandson of Christopher. This is the judgment realm. This is where you father and grandfather got their incredible amounts of courage. Now, its your turn to be judged."

"How do you know my name and what do mean by 'my turn to be judged'?" John questioned

"This is where all those who wish upon a crystal dragon statue come to see how worthy they are to have their wishes become reality. I know who you are because I am the guardian dragon for your family so I make it my job to know every member that currently lives." The dragon replied

"How will you determine my worthiness?" John asked

"Simple. We will ask you to tell us in detail why you want your wish granted and the dragon high council will determine how worthy you are."

"Okay then, when will the judgment begin?"

"As soon as the council arrives and by the way I'm called Dragonous." Dragonous replied

"Alright then, I'll wait." John said

Then five more dragons came and form a circle around John. They were all more majestic looking than Dragonous.

The largest dragon, which John assumed was the leader, spoke to John saying, "You who wish to obtain a dragon's power, explain the reason you wish to have it. What is your intention?"

"I intend to bring peace to my village by standing up to "The Crusaders of Power" for they and their families have turned everyone in the village into cowards. I wish to drive them out... permanently. Also, I'm not doing for my benefit. My friends and family have suffered enough and to be honest with all due respect of course, I'm sick and tired of it. That is why I made the wished in the first place and why I came here knowing the chances of my wish coming true were slim to none." John explained in as great of detail as he could muster as Dragonous had instructed

The head dragon gazed deep into John's eyes and saw that that was the most sincere then John had said in his life. Then he rose and looked at the other four dragons. They all nodded in approval. The Head dragon though, looked uneasy about it. John gained a worried expression thinking he had insulted the leader and the other four were too dimwitted to notice. Dragonous simply smirked. He had seen this before, twice in fact.

"The judgment is decided. John Frapna, the council finds you...worthy of the power you seek."

John breathed a huge sigh of relief. The head dragon only smiled at the fact that John, who had the nerve to give such a speech to the council, was actually worried that he might of insult him. Little did John know, it would take something 200 times more insulting than what john had said to them. Then, John was infused with magical energies that he couldn't possibly imagine. Then the head dragon spoke up again.

"You have been infused with the power you came here seeking, use it wisely. Also you will have to use this magic for more than just standing up to them. You are the chosen one so you will be granted the power of the dragon king, Bahamut. You can summon him whenever you want. Also beware of Tiamat, the dark dragon king he has influence in your village. Good luck, Swordsman of Dragons!"

'A dark dragon king?!! I've got a bad feeling about this!!' John thought

John was back in his attic when he opened his eyes. He would have thought it was all a dream if it hadn't been for the fact he had a sword on his back. It was true, he was the chosen one. He didn't waste anytime in telling Ray what went down.

"The chosen one huh? I was wondering when they'd pick one."

"Don't worry about the sword, it will a last resort."

"I know son, I know."

Now John headed for town. It was time the Swordsman of Dragon made his presence known to the "Crusaders of Power". It was time for them to meet their worst nightmare and for John to meet his.

To be continued...
More action next chapter
Sign up to rate and review this story