Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Welcome Home

by ForNeverYours 0 reviews

Alex gets ready to leave the only home she ever wnated.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-12-15 - Updated: 2006-12-15 - 1778 words

0Unrated
I looked out the window and the pink sunset. I loved watching them, they always turned red at some point and that was my favorite part. Patrick sat on my bed and watched me pack the last of my things, the stuffed panda he had given me for my birthday, the jewelry box that was in the trunk, the ripped blanket I refused to throw out.
"I can't believe we're going to the palace." He smiled.
"Yeah, it was sort of beautiful last time I was there." I breathed referring to the time Beckett kept me prisoner. I had been told Beckett left the palace in ruins; the Statics fixed it up beautifully.
A knock on the door brought me back. I got up and opened it. Aunt Is stood on the other side looking at the many pictures of me and Patrick and many other random things that hung on the door.
"Oh, hi." I smiled.
"Yes, can we talk, alone?" She asked glancing at Patrick who immediately took the hint and got up; before he left he kissed me and squeezed my hand.
I sighed and giggled once he left; honestly he still took my breath away. I flopped down on the bed and kept that same love struck look on my face. Is gave me a sharp look and my smile disappeared.
"I don't like that boy." She commented looking behind her.
"Is, we had this conversation before, remember?" I looked at her with a bored expression.
"I know but I still don't like him, or any of them for that matter." She dusted off one of my photo albums and leafed through it.
"What so wrong with them that you choose to hate them?" I snapped angrily.
"That vampire gives me dirty looks." She commented putting it in one of the boxes.
"Pete doesn't trust many people." I got up and started to slowly pack away my things.
"And those other Statics just don't act like Statics." She snapped her fingers and the clothes in the dresser and closet flew into one of the many suitcases strewn around my bedroom. Yes, she learned sorcery at a young age. She told me I would have to learn sooner or later, and honestly I didn't want to learn to spin fire with my hands and use water to my advantage.
"They haven't been in contact with many other Statics." I explained watching her wave her hands one last time and the clothes fell into a suitcase.
"And you're turned so bold since I last saw you." She sighed.
"Which was what....three years ago?" I scoffed and turned back to my trunk.
"And you don't even wear the right clothes." She sounded exasperated.
"I wear my locket, isn't that enough for you?" I felt hurt, didn't wearing the locket mean you accepted the responsibility of being a Static.
"All Statics wear lockets, but you are the Innocent, there are different articles you need to wear."
"Like what?" I asked clutching my locket.
"Well, you need to learn to wear corsets right." She assessed my now frail body. "And you should gain some weight."
"Continuing with the clothing requirements." I said turning back and clutching my stomach.
"Dresses, pants, jewelry." She said coming up behind me and brushing my hair. "You still have such pretty hair."
"Thank you." I smirked. "I use conditioner."
"Funny." She laughed and continued brushing my hair. "You're mother would be so proud to see you now."
"Really?"
"She loved everything you did."
Another knocked sounded through the door. Pete opened it and looked at my partially packed room.
"Yeah?" I asked quietly.
"I thought you'd be ready by now."
"I was but Is came in and we started talking."
He nodded and closed the door. Is stared at me shocked and shook her head.
"What?" I asked.
"So? Didn't you see how he looked at me like I was a fresh cut piece of meat?"
I sighed and got up; my clothes weren't going to get packed this way. "Again, Pete is sort of...antisocial." I said choosing my word carefully.
"Well, he doesn't have to stare at me like that." Is said almost like a teenager.
The rest of the packing was uneventful, except for finding my missing sock in the pocket of an old coat, and a pair of panties in a shoe. Is gave me a weird look when I picked it up. I blushed and threw it in one of the suitcase.
Once packed I picked up two boxes and walked down the hall and down the steps to the living room. The artwork and posters that were supposed to hang on the walls were packed away. It felt weird packing away things. Almost like it was the end of a very important chapter in a book.
Pete grabbed the box and started packing them away in Joe's Caddy that was parked just outside the front door. I turned back and got more of my boxes and gave them to Joe. Finally I got my three suitcases and closed my bedroom door for the last time.
The rest of the guys possessions were already packed away, leaving the room sparse and awkward looking. I sighed, this made me sorta depressed. Almost sensing my distress Patrick walked over and grabbed my hand, squeezing it gently. Is gave me another sharp look, but I ignored her.
"Ok, everything's packed." Pete sighed dusting off his pants and looking up at us. "We can go whenever you please."
I looked down and turned back to the kitchen. Everything felt so surreal. I was leaving the place I had held so dear for the past two years. I looked at all the rooms, all the history they held.
Pete came up behind me and whispered in my ear.
"Come with me, we still have to get the weapons."
I followed him to the fighting area and started taking down swords, guns, and bottles of holy water that was blessed by the priest. He did so too and slowly piled them into a rather large box. Once that was finished I took care of my weapons, my mother's sword, the several daggers I had stashed, and The Samaritan.
"A stroll down memory lane?" Is popped up behind me and looked at the enormous gun I held in my hands. "Where did you get that thing?"
"I got it when I was training to defeat Beckett." I said quietly.
Is nodded, picked up my stack of weapons, and carried them out to the Caddy. I looked one last time at my home while the others got a seating arrangement settled.
"Goodbye home, I'll miss you." I smiled as I closed the door for the last time and went to wait with Patrick and Andy.
"I am not sitting in the back with three other people!" Is shouted, stirring the night air.
"Please just get in the back." Pete said calmly sliding in the front seat.
She whined a little and finally sat in the back next to Patrick and Andy. Patrick gave me a smile and patted his legs. I sat down and leaned back gently on his chest. Is gave me another look, but I ignored it again. She never was one to promote PDAs.
The trip was tiring and cramped. I didn't enjoy sitting on Patrick's lap as much as I should have but it's kind of awkward to do anything to your boyfriend with your aunt sitting inches from you.
And of course the radio was busted. I finally just decided to go to sleep.
"Alex, wake up." Patrick whispered in my ear. "We're here."
I groaned lightly and tried to stretch. He was right; we were slowly driving up the narrow drive of the palace. The exterior was pearly white, unlike last time where it was midnight black. They really had been working on it.
We all climbed out numbly and looked at the palace more. The tall towers on either side reminded me of the tower back at the bunker. The tall gate surrounding it seemed off compared to the Disney-like effect the palace gave off.
"So this is my home now?" I asked to no one in particular.
"Yep." Andy said flatly. "I missed this place."
"Missed?" I inquired turning to him.
Pete smacked him in the back of the head and looked at him angrily.
"Good going, dumb ass." He smirked, slightly joking. "We all lived here to some extent."
"Oh, and you didn't tell me....because?" I cocked my head to one side.
"We wanted you to figure that one out for yourself." Joe said calmly. "Just like we want you to figure why we came with you, or why you're here."
"This is another fucking test, isn't it?" I groaned.
They all simply nodded and started unloading the car as the many butlers and maids carried them into the palace.
"Alexandra Corrine?" The very old bored looking butler said to me.
"Yes?" I said quietly.
"Please let me show you to your room, your majesty." He bowed lightly and turned on his heel.
I quickly scooped up my suitcases and was followed by three maids carrying my boxes. I followed him down a long corridor to a large black door.
"Your majesty, I give you the greatest room in the entire palace." He gave me a warm smile. "We've been waiting quite a long time to have royalty living here."
I blushed and looked down.
"You can just call me Alex." I said as my humbleness took over.
"No, I couldn't possibly imagine doing something as rude as that." He shook his head and opened the door more for me to walk past.
My mouth went agape as I circled around the room. The floor was black marble, the large open bay windows let night air fill the room, a king-sized bed sat in the corner dressed in red and black, a crystal chandelier hung from the cathedral ceiling, a tapestry hung on the wall along with several large Monet paintings, and a polished red armoire sat in the other corner along with a few dressers and a mirror. It was beautiful.
"Holy shit." I said astonished as I ran over to the window and looked down on the rose filled courtyard.
"Beautiful isn't it?" Aunt Is said pulling back the long black curtain to let in more light. "Welcome to your palace, Queen Alexandra Corrine Alanala Ravencraft."
I smiled as she said my name with a light French accent....my eyes snapped open as I thought about what she just said.
"This is my palace?"
Sign up to rate and review this story