Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Ordinary Lives

43

by strange1 0 reviews

AU No hellmouth, slayer, witches. The gang are ordinary high school students. Some have grown up together. Others are new to Sunnydale. What kind of adventures will the gang have?

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Angel, Anya, Buffy, Cordelia, Faith, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce Summers, Oz, Spike, Tara, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2270 words

0Unrated
Two weeks. That's how long it had been since our Sunnydale people have been seen last. Lots has happened. The biggest shocker is the disappearance of Buffy Summers. Her mother has been in a panic since it hasn't been that long since the nice incident where Buffy almost took her own life.
The whole town has been searching for the young woman. But there have been no leads up to this point. Just appears to be the disappearance of another young teen. And the police are not putting a high priority on it.
Xander and Anya have been getting closer. So close that there are plans for this young couple. The two are planning a nice little ski weekend over spring break which is only about three weeks away. But Xander doesn't ski. And Anya already knows this. So why the ski trip?
Faith and Oz also have big plans for the upcoming spring break. Oz's band, which includes Veruca still, has a gig in Miami Beach. Now there's a partying and happening town. The young woman can't wait. But more importantly, she wants some alone time to be with her honey.
Giles has been there constantly for Joyce. He rarely leaves her side at this point. He has pretty much left Dawn in the oh so capable hands of Tara and Willow. For to him, those three have become so close. And he really likes the fact that his daughter and his niece have become so close. There is only one reason he has left her side. And that was to find out more about his daughter. And for the biggest reason, why he had a daughter and not a son? And where had they been all these years. He had been told by Dawn's mother that they would keep in touch. But that didn't happen either.
Dawn was still trying to get Willow and Tara to talk to her about those feelings she had been having. The young teen was now getting the impression that the two were not taking her serious. And that just irritated her. Irritated her into wanting to make them take her seriously. And the tension between her folks was not what she wanted. Especially with her mom not having that long to live.
Angel and Darla had been spending time together. But there was still a distance between them. Something still leftover from the time that Darla had nearly lost her life just for being associated with the young man. Will they ever be able to fully get past that?
Wesley and Fred have a wedding to plan. They are taking their time with it. A June wedding. How going with the flow I know, but still. The two are going to go full force with it. And they can't wait to start a family to go with it.
But what about Gunn? At one time, he thought he needed nothing but Fred. That he was totally and completely in love with her. Is he gonna just give up on that whole thing? Of course he is. He's got someone new in his life. Her name is Amy. And she's a lot more bold then timid shy Winifred Burkle. But there has been some trouble. In a small town such as Sunnydale, there are those that don't agree with mixed relationships. Just like they don't agree with Willow and Tara. So, there has been some conflicts for the young couple. Can they handle it all?
Cordelia has kept her promise to Donny. He's been back on base for the past two weeks. And she's written him a letter for every day that he has been gone. She's had to keep it hidden from Doyle. She would never have thought that the young man could be so possessive of her. Almost to the point of getting abusive. Well, not yet anyways.
Spike was at a great loss. Buffy just disappearing like this, it made no sense at all. They had become so close. Mrs. Summers felt so guilty about her disappearance because of the way that she had sprung the whole Giles thing on her. But somehow the young man had a feeling it was more then just that. Something much, much more. He was getting a vibe. One that he wasn't sure exactly what it meant.
Willow and Tara were at odds at the moment. Still sorta a happy couple. But they were having their discussions about one Dawn Giles. Tara was wanting to believe and trust everything that the teen had to say. Willow on the other hand was thinking that she was up to something. Sadly, it had caused some conflicts between the young couple. And Xander would swear that there were some underlying things with the whole trust issue. Tara supposedly not trusting Willow enough to tell her the truth. And Willow taking so long to get over it. Or had she really truly gotten over it. Still so much going on.
That was just with our favorite Sunnydale people. There were other things going on in the little town. For the mob was still there. The police had yet to get rid of them. It seemed a slow and impossible task to end the threat that they had going on.
And there was the sighting of a man. One that many of the community of Sunnydale would gladly like seen dead. He had come back for a reason. And on this night, he was making that reason perfectly clear.
"""
Mr. MaClay made his way around the little town of Sunnydale. He had been on the run from the law ever since Anya had spilled what had happened with his wife and what had happened with Tara. And the fact that he had asked her to kill her own sister. He was still greatly upset that she had not been able to go through with that one.
Two days now in the little town of Sunnydale where his name had once been very big indeed. But both bitches of daughters that he had made sure that everyone knew what he had done. And that had caused him to be an outcast. And he shouldn't be an outcast. They should be the outcasts.
Sighing heavily, he made his way to his contact's place. The one person in Sunnydale that still trusted the man enough to help him out. And he was gonna take full advantage of it. And then get rid of the moron afterwards.
The lights were a little dark in the alley way between the parking lot and the warehouse he was staying in. It was not the same one that he had hid in while Anya was his go between. He wouldn't be that stupid as to use the same one.
There was a sound from where he had just come from. He quickly turned to see what it was. There was nothing there. It simply had to be his imagination. He quickly turned to keep on his way. He didn't like to be out longer then he had to be. Too many people had it out for him in this tiny town. If he didn't want his revenge so badly, he never would have come back to this damned town.
But revenge was all he had anymore. His resources had been long ago tapped. He was really relying on his benefactor for the money and supplies that he got. And as soon as he had gotten what he had wanted, he would end his relationship and take the money for himself.
Another noise startled him. There was the crash of what sounded like trash cans. His eyes strained to see what had happened in front of him. There had been something there. He was certain of that. But what had it been?
Suddenly, there was this hissing sound. This cat came flying at him and landed on his shoulders. He grabbed it and threw it to the ground. More hissing and arching of the back before the cat scampered off into the night. Just what his heart needed, another scare like that one.
"Mr. MaClay?" The unfamiliar voice made him turn quickly. And there was an immediate sharp stinging pain in his stomach. "You deserve that. Hope you die." The figure ran off into the night like it was never there.
Mr. MaClay held his stomach. Blood. So much blood was gushing from the stab wound. He staggered for a moment, catching himself on the wall. His hand leaving a bloody trail as he made his down the alley way. He didn't make it to his destination. He fell short of the warehouse. He collapsed to the ground. The life slowly draining out of his body.

"""
"Detective! Over here!" The young male police officer motioned for the detective to make her way over. "We've got a stabbing. He's dead. There were no signs of struggle. And there was no weapon found so far."
Detective Maggie Walsh had been on the force in Sunnydale her whole fifteen year career. Until just this year, there really hadn't been that many murders in the small town. And there hadn't really been a reason for a detective. But lately, with the mob making it's presence known, she'd been quite the busy little beaver as of late.
"Do we know who it is Officer Finn?" She eyed the young man. He had only been on the force for six months. But he was already turning out to be a fine damn officer. And for her to say that it meant something.
"There was an ID." Officer Finn handed her the man's wallet. "There wasn't any money or credit cards in the wallet. Just his driver's license. Oh, and there are two pictures in there as well. Looks like two teenagers."
"He's a local man." The detective looked over the ID. "I know this name. He's a wanted felon. Or was. I think it had something to do with killing his wife and trying to kill his daughter. Wonder if he was coming back to finish the job."
"There were no signs of a struggle." Officer Finn stood tall and proud. "By the looks of it, he was surprised by his attacker. The lighting is pretty poor along here. By the looks of the blood streaks, he was headed for the warehouse. We're getting a warrant to search the place as we speak."
"Good thinking." Maggie smiled brightly at the young man. "You keep up this good work Finn and you could make detective faster then anyone. And you know that includes me. Took me only a year and a half on the force. Just stick with me. I'll be glad to show you the ropes."
"Thank you." That brought a smile to the young man's face. "I appreciate it very much. You are the best. It would be an honor and a privilege."
"At ease." Maggie couldn't help but laugh. "You are sounding so military. Rules and regulations are good. But as you'll find out, sometimes you do have to bend them."
"I'll remember that." The young officer seemed very pleased by the going ons. He really did have high hopes of becoming a detective one day. And who better to teach him then the infamous Maggie Walsh.
"We got the warrant." Another male office walked over to where the two were talking. "We can open the warehouse anytime."
"Who's the owner?" The three started making their way over. Detective Walsh had her notebook out like she usually did ready to take any important notes down.
"That would be Randolph Scott." She eyed Riley a bit. "Honest. He's known for a little bit of mob activity. Almost two months ago his two sons were caught in a shootout. He's been on trial since then."
"I remember now." Maggie quickly made her way over to the warehouse. "Since he's not available, let's just let ourselves in. Crowbars gentlemen."
The two young men took their cue. One on one side, the other on the other. Both men fought for a bit before the handle sprung on the door. They opened it carefully, in case there was a booby trap or someone was inside waiting for them.
"All clear." Riley was the first to make his way in. "Man, it stinks in here. What was he planning on doing in here?"
That's when they all saw it at the same time. The three made their way quickly over to the lifeless body. It was lying face up. It was a petite short blond female. That was all that was clear about who the person had been. She was lying naked. No jewelry or anything. And her face had been smashed in so badly you couldn't tell what she had looked like in life.
"I don't see any marks." Maggie leaned down. "I don't think dental records are gonna help. Her mouth is smashed in. And no clothing or ID by the looks. This is gonna be more then difficult to find out who this is." Something flashed in the detectives mine. "Wait! Isn't there a missing person out on a young teen?"
"Yes." Riley took out his notepad. "One Buffy Anne Summers. Just turned fifteen. Could be her. Says she's only a seventy eight pounds. Petite. Blond. Unfortunately, all the features that we can see on this girl."
"I know." Maggie stood back up. "Get the corner in here now. And crime scene. I don't want anything disturbed. Who knows where we might find a clue. A clue to her murderer and who she is."
Sign up to rate and review this story