Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH31 - Hogwarts

by GuardianOfLight 4 reviews

Introductions

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Harry, Poppy Pomfrey, Professor McGonagall, Ron, Snape - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-12-17 - Updated: 2006-12-17 - 2460 words

5Ambiance
Chapter 31 - Hogwarts?

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 10th August 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - The Hospital Wing
Time: Morning


The Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey, Professors Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall were present. Hermione had gone to find Harry, while the new arrivals and Ron were in hospital bed; Ron had managed to sprain his wrist when he had caught the woman.

"Do you have any idea who they are, Albus?" McGonagall asked.

Dumbledore seemed oblivious to her question as he stared at the man on the bed.

He was around six foot maybe a little taller, wearing black trousers, shirt and tie as well as a long black coat. His clothes were blood-stained and torn. He was also sporting numerous cuts, scratches and bite marks. None of those present ever wanted to meet the creature that could inflict those injuries.

When you compared the man to the woman, they appeared to be exact opposites. She had no cuts and scratches, though she was sporting multiple bruises, which were healing nicely thanks to Madam Pomfrey, but whereas the man had a sense of power to him and looked like he meant business even when unconscious; the woman possessed a similar sense of strength but looked completely harmless.

It occurred to Dumbledore as he studied them that she was in pyjamas and healing whereas the man was still in his clothes and his injuries were as they were when he was brought in.

"Professor?" someone questioned before he had the chance to ask about the man's attire.

Dumbledore realised he had let his mind wander.

"I do not know the girl, but if he is who I think he is this will be a fascinating encounter....I have not seen him in a very long time."

"How long do you mean by a long time Albus?" questioned McGonagall "He can't be more than twenty....twenty five at the most."

"I met him in 1865...and he doesn't seem to have aged a day since." Dumbledore commented, removing his eyes from the man for the first time.

"That's impossible Headmaster. He would have to be over one hundred and sixty years old," said Snape. "Minerva is right. He can not be more than twenty five at the most, probably closer to twenty."

"Well I have no idea how old he is," Madam Pomfrey informed them. "But he's not responding to any of the treatments and even stranger, I couldn't remove his garments to treat his injuries....magically or by hand. It's....it's as if they were glued to him."

"Curious," commented the Headmaster.

"What about the girl?" enquired Snape.

"She is responding," Madam Pomfrey explained. "And should be awake any minute...."

The woman groaned.

"...now," Madam Pomfrey said with a certain degree of satisfaction as she went over to examine the girl.
________________________________________________________________________

Buffy regained consciousness.

What the, where the hell am I?

I should be dead. This can't be Heaven.


The first thing she discovered was that she had a splitting headache. She let out a groan and pushed her palm against her forehead.

Looking around, an odd collection of people came into focus, some of whom did not look particularly pleasant.

She backed up against the end of her bed.

"Easy, easy," a woman wearing what appeared to be a nurses uniform said calmingly.

Think, remain calm.

"Who? What? Where?" she blurted out as she spectacularly leaped out of bed and collapsed to the floor, discovering in the process that she was an awful lot more tired than she thought.

Buffy reversed up onto the bed next to hers and backed up right onto Ron, though she remained ignorant of that last fact.

Oh well done. What happened to remaining calm?

Stop telling me what to do.

I'm you; I'm allowed to.

Then why am I talking to myself?

I don't know. Don't you?

If you don't know, how should I?

You're me, remember?

I know that, you half wit.

That means you're a half wit as well.

Oh shut up.


"It's ok. It's ok. No one is going to hurt you," said a fairly old woman with a weird accent, moving to her side.

Well at least they speak English. She doesn't look too dangerous.

Ok this time remain calm. Speak normally.


"Where in the name of all that's Hellmouthy am I?"

Good work, Her head mocked Well done.

I thought I told you to shut up.


"You are at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," a very old man with more than a passing resemblance to Santa on a diet answered.

School of what?

"I am Professor Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts; may we ask who you are?"

My god this man looks like he's a hundred and fifty years old.

He makes Giles look young.


"Buffy...Buffy Summers," she said, calming down and shifted back until she was sitting straight up against one of the bed post. She began shifting about in an attempt to get comfortable as the bed was not that flat.

Or at least what she thought was the bed wasn't flat as it was actually Ron's lap, and Ron was beginning to look increasingly uncomfortable. It's not every day you end up with a beautiful girl in Gryffindor pyjamas wriggling in your lap.

He just wished it was Hermione doing it instead....without the pyjamas.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Summers" Dumbledore was trying hard to hold back his smile. He wasn't sure what was funnier, Ron's face pleading for him to do something or Miss Summer's ignorance of the situation she was causing.

He turned to continue the introductions receiving a scowl from Ron.

"This is Professor McGonagall, the Deputy Head Mistress, Head of Gryffindor House and Transfiguration Teacher."

"Hi," Buffy greeted.

Yeah, she looks friendly, if not a bit strict, weird accent though.

"Hello, Miss Summers."

"Professor Snape, Head of Slytherin House and Potions Master." Snape nodded slightly.

Jesus, when did this guy last have a wash? That hair looks like it's got enough grease to cook for the entire western world.

"Madam Pomfrey," Dumbledore continued. "The School Nurse."

"Pleasure," Madam Pomfrey greeted.

"And the young man you are sitting on." Dumbledore was really trying hard not to smile, as was Professor McGonagall who had just noticed Ron's plight. "Is Ronald Weasley, one of the most skilled students...."

Snape snorted.

"...at this school," Dumbledore finished, sending Snape a look.

Is this guy seeing people? I don't think this kid, wherever he AAHHHH

Buffy jumped when the bed tapped her on the shoulder.

AH....where did he come from?

In the space were she had been sitting was a fairly tall boy with scruffy red hair and an uncomfortable and embarrassed look on his face.

"Sorry," she apologized.

"No problem," Ron reassured her, shifting uncomfortably, his voice slightly higher than usual.

Well he seems friendly enough. I'll have to watch where I sit though.

"Where did you say I was again?" she asked, turning back to Dumbledore.

"Hogwarts, it's a school where we train young witches and wizards."

Oh, like Willow and Tara, well that's ok.

"Witches, what you mean like Wicca's?"

"Wicca's?" Professor McGonagall asked surprised. "Wiccan magic has been lost for centuries."

You wanna bet?

"Oh, what type of magic do you do then?" Buffy continued, deciding not to mention the fact that she had seen Wiccan magic in the last twenty four hours.

"Wand Magic," Ron answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, he withdrew his wand and showing it to her.

Wand, he's serious, they really use wands.

"Oh," she said taking the wand and turning it over in her fingers before handing it back.

Willow's gonna love this.

"I'm sorry to interrupt the history lesson, but could we get back to the point," Snape said, sounding put out.

Geez chill out Cranky Pants.

"And that would be?" Buffy countered, annoyed by his uptight attitude.

Snape glared at her and she returned it.

What's up with this guy? Take the stake out of your ass why don't you.

Dumbledore smiled. Not many can meet Severus Snape's stare.

"Why you are here." said Snape, exasperated.

"Severus, our young friend has just fallen through a portal. Give her a chance to get her bearings...and a chance for her friend to awaken," Dumbledore said attempting to calm the situation before one even arose.

Huh?

"Friend?" Buffy asked, confused.

Dumbledore gestured to a bed with a very familiar looking man in it.

Oh my god.

"Adam!" she shouted in shock, jumping onto his bed.

Please by alright, please be alright. Tara is going to kill me if you are hurt.

"Adam...ADAM...WAKE UP!"

He stirred, groaning.

"BUFFY," said Adam in an attempt to stop her shouting. "I am not deaf, as you well know. I am, however, suffering a serious power drain and my head feels like the world has just rolled over it." he explained, opening his eyes.

He sat up slowly and immediately regretted it when his head started pounding even more than it had been.

"I hate portals," he groaned, moving a hand to his head. He then scanned the room until his gaze fell on Dumbledore.

"Brian....by the Gods, I haven't seen you in decades. How have you..." he stopped, studying the surroundings before turned back to Dumbledore.

"Hogwarts," Adam said with amused raised eyebrows. "You've been made Headmaster of Hogwarts."

He chuckled lightly, regretting it immediately he leaned forward and clutched his head, wobbling a bit. Buffy put an arm around him to stabilize him. Adam nodded his thanks, before returning his gaze to Dumbledore.

"Well I knew you would be great some day, and if memory serves you owe me fifty Galleons."

Buffy looked to Dumbledore, who also looked confused.

Gal what?

"The leaky Cauldron....9th of August 1868....I bet you that you would hold a position of authority inside one hundred and twenty years." Comprehension dawned on the headmaster's face and he chuckled.

Adam smiled again and looked to Buffy.

"Are you ok?"

Oh yeah, I'm just dandy. I am in a strange place, full of witches and wizards who use wands and you've just bumped into someone you haven't seen in over a hundred years....why wouldn't I be alright?

"Right as rain. How did you end up in the portal with me anyway?" she questioned.

"He flew across the sky as a ball of energy leaving a black flame behind him!" said a voice, from what it sounded like it was magnified by a megaphone.

Buffy started spinning around attempting to find the source of the voice. Adam on the other hand simply closed his eyes and began focusing.

"Harry," called the Headmaster "Please come out, we promise not to attack you."

Snape grumbled slightly.

"Only if you swear not to ask me about the events of this summer!" came the reply.

Dumbledore thought for a second before replying.

"I swear."

"Snape as well!"

The Headmaster turned to Snape and gave him a forceful look.

"I....swear." grumbled the Potions Master.

The sound of a broom could be heard before Harry flew into the room through the open door, landing at the end of the beds.

"Good morning Professor, how have you been?" Harry said smiling sweetly at Professor McGonagall.

"Well, thank you Potter," answered McGonagall "Yourself?"

"Not bad, been better" Harry smiled before turning to the people in the beds, it did not go unnoticed that Harry completely ignored Dumbledore and Snape in his greetings.

"Hey Ron, have you asked Hermione out yet?" he smirked.

Ron turned a very deep shade of red.

"I'll take that as a no."

Harry then turned to the new comers.

The strange man looked at Harry intently; as if recognising something. Harry had to turn away under his intense gaze.

"You seem familiar, have we met?" he asked softening his gaze.

"I don't think so," said Harry bringing his eyes back up to look at him "I saw you in a vision which is the only reason I am back here before school starts again."

"My name is Adam," he introduced "And this is Buffy Summers."

"Hi." The girl said quietly.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

"Potter?" Adam asked, turning to Dumbledore. "Harry James Potter...James and Lily's son?" he turned back to Harry who nodded; obviously not surprised that someone else knew who he was. "Well....you've certainly shot up, I haven't seen you in over fifteen years....I was sorry to hear about your parents, Harry. They were good friends."

"You....knew them?" Harry asked.

"Yes," he said sadly. "This is not the first time I have come to this dimension since seeing your Headmaster. The last time I stumbled in half dead. Your parents took me in and cared for me as best they could until I was able enough to leave. If it wasn't for them and their friend Sirius, I wouldn't have survived," he said, pausing.

Adam saw Harry flinch at Sirius's name, but decided not to comment on it.

He stood, a lot steadier than he had been mere minutes earlier.

"Brian....we need to talk in private. Could we go to your office?"

"Of course as long as Madam Pomfrey has discharged you?"

"Well there is nothing I could do for him. His injuries have healed by themselves and Miss Summers is also fine, so I see no reason why not."

"Excellent." Dumbledore smiled, turning to face Harry's bed. "Harry, could you take care of Miss Summers, maybe giving her a tour of the school and grounds, familiarise her with our institution."

Harry just nodded his response.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw Snape about to shout at him for being rude but McGonagall silenced him with a look.

They started to walk towards the door when Adam stopped and looked over his shoulder.

"Buffy," he said. "You can trust these people. You don't need to keep secrets." he turned back to Dumbledore and the pair walked out the door.

The other teachers left, Snape giving Harry a glare as he went leaving only Buffy, Ron and Harry sitting quietly.

"Harry," began Ron "Where have you...."

"Not now Ron," he interrupted "I promise I will tell you everything when school starts, for now I suggest you go and find Hermione."

Ron nodded, slightly annoyed at his friends secretive attitude, climbing out of bed he walked out of the door leaving only Harry and Buffy.

"Shall we," he said, giving her a hand up. They got halfway to the door when Buffy stopped.

"What's wrong?" he asked

"I should probably get dressed first," she replied.

Looking down, Harry realised she was still in her Gryffindor pyjamas.

"That would probably be a good idea."
Sign up to rate and review this story