Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH30 - Wand Points And Portals

by GuardianOfLight 5 reviews

Harry returns to Hogwarts to save lives

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Dumbledore, Fleur, Harry, Hermione, Professor McGonagall, Snape, Other - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-19 - Updated: 2006-11-19 - 2323 words

5Original
Chapter 30 - Wand Points And Portals

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 10th August 2001 AD
Country: France - Pic Du Thaume
Location: Beauxbatons Academy Of Magic
Time: Morning


"Welcome to your first DAA lesson," began Harry "Today I want to judge your skills at duelling so I will ask each of you to come up onto the platform in turn and duel me."

This would be Harry's hardest day so far, he was teaching the seventh years duelling and unlike the previous flying instructor their DAA teacher had apparently been quite competent.

"You can use any type of magic you like to attempt to defeat me, as long as it is legal and not restricted and I will award points for style or originality, I will not deduct points for anything you do during the duel unless you break the rule I just stated."

He swung his eyes over the class, examining them closely; they were all wearing transfigured trousers and had their wands at the ready.

Several of them looked confident, others looked very nervous.

He decided to work through the nervous ones first.

"You." he said pointing to a girl who was doing her best to hide in Violette's shadow.

The duel did not last long; even when Harry did is best to allow her to get the upper hand he still defeated her in under twenty seconds, he could have done it with one curse, hell even Gabrielle could have beaten her if she had been trying.

He slowly worked his way through the class, the more confident and skilled students provided a bit more of a challenge, Violette and the other three with similar sounding names were all pretty good and lasted at least thirty seconds and up to and over a minute with him in full duelling mode.

Monique was also very good lasting even longer; he was beginning to wonder if she was this good in all her subjects, probably why she was made Head Girl.

There was one girl he had spotted who he left deliberately to last, she was one of the confident ones and appeared to be a strategic thinker, he had watched her study each match, she had been sizing him up since the beginning, she had a look of confidence about her, as if she knew with certainty that she was going to win, and Harry was pretty sure he new why, there was one other reason why he had left her to last, she had one advantage over him that the rest did not.

She was Veela.

That hair was unique; she definitely had Veela blood in her veins.

She had introduced herself as Colleen when he had asked for her name and she seemed as forward and as certain as anyone conceivably could be.

As she stepped up onto the platform he could see the training that she had had, her stance was different, it was similar to that which Fleur had assumed when they had duelled.

She fired of her first spell before he even had a chance to straighten up from his bow; he dodged sideways and fired an identical spell back at her, which she easily blocked with a shield.

They exchanged fire very rapidly for at least thirty seconds before Harry felt her becoming more attractive.

He had hoped she would do this, it meant that she had though of magic besides her wand.

Harry cast a quick spell that he had coincidentally learned from his own Veela mate, conjuring ice at her feet, causing her to slip over and loose her concentration preventing her from fully releasing her powers.

"Enough." he called, ending the match.

He walked over to her and gave her a hand up; she reluctantly accepted it, looking extremely annoyed that he had stopped the match before she had had the chance to defeat him.

"Well done," he congratulated before turning to the class "Colleen did exactly what I though she would try and do and used all her magic to try to win, for those of you who did not notice or did not realise I will explain in a minute but first I would like to ask," he said turning back to Colleen "What percentage Veela are you?"

She took a step back when he asked and instinctively reached for her wand.

"How did you know?" she asked warily.

"Your hair colour, the only time you see that colour hair on someone young is when they have Veela blood in their veins."

She nodded before replying with a sly smile "I'm half and half, my mother is a Veela."

He nodded turning back to the group.

"What Colleen did was to attempt to use her Veela powers to distract me as it would on any male, if you remember at the beginning I specifically said that any magic could be used and that is exactly what she attempted to do, it was only my fore knowledge of the tactic that enabled me to evade it, three merits for a good use of magic and available knowledge."

The school bell sounded signifying the end of class.

"Well done everyone, I will see you all next week."

They all said goodbye, changed their skirts back and filed out of the room.

Harry straightened his clothes and was about to leave when Madam Maxime appeared in the doorway.

"May I enter Daniel?" she asked.

"It's your school Olympe," he smiled "You can go anywhere you want."

She smiled and crossed the fresh hold as he collected his robe.

"How has your first week been?"

"Good....pretty good." he replied as he took a seat on the side of the duelling platform and indicated for her to do the same.

"What about trouble with the girls?" she asked with a slight smile.

"No trouble as of yet," he replied feeling suddenly nervous "Though I am sure that five or six of them have set their eyes on me."

"Which ones?" she asked curiously.

"Firstly Monique, though despite the fact that she is Head Girl I don't think she has the confidence to try anything and is too worried about the results. Violette and her three friends have been sending me not so subtle hints every time I pass them and it doesn't help that they travel as a pack all the time, but the only one I am worried about is Colleen."

"Why Colleen?" she asked smirking.

"She is part Veela and so she has power to influence me where the others do not, and from seeing how confident she is I get the feeling that she is likely to be very direct. For lack of a better description I would have to call her a predator."

"You really are quite remarkable Daniel." She smiled "That was probably the best character analysis I have ever heard of those girls. Ever since they first began their education here, the 'Nets' in particular always seem to be discussing ways of seducing men."

"The what sorry?" he asked.

"The 'Nets', that's what those four are called, I thought it ironic when they arrived that the only four girls with similar sounding names would turn out to be so similar."

Harry nodded as he donned his robe.

"I just wonder how long it will be before one of them tries something....I had better be careful, we don't want a scandal on ourARGH!"

Harry cried out in pain as his scar erupted in pain sending him tumbling to the ground.

"Daniel? Arry!" Olympe shouted in panic, dropping to his side.

Harry rolled over the floor, crying out in pain.

FLASH

A portal of blue light.

FLASH

Two girl's on a Tower.

FLASH

One runs to the edge.

FLASH

Falling....falling.

FLASH

A black flame streaking across the sky.

FLASH

A man, a look of determination and fear on his face.

FLASH

He turns into a ball of energy.

FLASH

The man and the woman collide with the portal.

FLASH

Hogwarts.

FLASH

The Great Hall, a flash of blue light.

FLASH

The portal opens.

FLASH

Olympe leaning over him

Oh Merlin that hurts. Couldn't it have waited, at least until school starts?

"ARRY!" she shouted, shaking him.

"I'm ok. I'm ok," he lied, jumping to his feet or more appropriately getting to his feet and falling over in rapid succession.

Clambering to his feet, he made his way to the door and down the corridor, Madam Maxime hot on his heels.

"Daniel where are you going, what is wrong?" she asked running behind him

"I have to get to Hogwarts now, something's happening....two people, a portal." He panted as he ran through the corridors, casting a summoning charm as he went.

"Daniel, take this!" yelled Olympe behind him bringing him to a halt.

She handed his a quill.

"A portkey, it will take you there and bring you back." she explained replacing her wand "You go, I will tell Fleur."

"Don't let her follow me!," he shouted looking grateful as he took off again "What ever you do, don't let her follow me."

"I will return." she heard him yell as he passed around the corner nearly sending a couple of students flying.

He ran for several more meters until he saw his Dragon flying towards him, he quickly transfigured it to look like an old Cleansweep (as Umbridge still had his Firebolt) before hitting the portkey.
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: 10th August 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Dumbledore's Office
Time: Morning


Professor's Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape were sitting in Dumbledore's Office discussing plans for the next year.

"Well if that is all, thank you both, I think our choice will work out well during the course of the next year."

"I still think this is a bad idea Headmaster." protested Snape as he stood and moved towards the door.

"I am aware of your objections Severus but it is hard enough to find A Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher as it is without...."

An alarm sounded.

"Incoming portkey, its being redirected here." said Dumbledore drawing his wand and aiming it at the centre of the room, the other two mirrored him.

There was a flash as the portkey arrived and a whoosh as a broom went hurtling straight out of the room, evaded the three spells aimed at the new arrival and headed down the spiral stairs.

McGonagall blinked twice.

"Was that....was that Harry?" she asked.

"It certainly looked like him." nodded Dumbledore as he ran out from behind his desk and headed out after the boy, the others trailing behind him.
________________________________________________________________________

Harry was stopping for nothing he could hear the amplified voices of Dumbledore and Snape telling him to stop but he ignored them, he had to get to the Great Hall before that portal closed.

He hurtled down two more flights of stairs, dodging around a girl with a mane of brown hair.

Wait a minute.

Circling back very quickly he flew back to his friend.

"Hermione what are you, nether mind."

He almost yanked her onto the broom before she had even had the chance to say his name, leaving her books scattered over the corridor.

"HARRY?" she screamed as they hurtled around a very sharp corner before hurtling through the open doors of the hall.

They scarred the life out of Ron who had his eyes closed, about to take a massive bite out of a sandwich when the pair of them came hurtling to a stop next to him.

"Bloody hell!" he exclaimed "Harry, where did you come from?"

"No time," he said, jumping of his broom and moving to the centre of the room to look at the ceiling, leaving a very frazzled and scared Hermione sitting frozen on the broom, until Ron came and lifted her off it "A portal is going to appear any second."

It was just then that the Professors charged into the room.

"Potter," sneered Snape "What the hell do you think you are doing, I demand to know where you have been all summer and...."

"Oh belt up Snivellus!" shouted Harry.

"Harry." Chastised Hermione and Dumbledore simultaneously, while Ron just gaped and Snape started spluttering.

"We don't have time for politeness; a portal is going to open there any second." he said pointing to the sealing.

On cue, the portal opened. Through it a metal tower could be seen as well as a girl falling towards them, a roar of black flame crackled across the back of the image and a man appeared, both people hit the portal and began to convulse with pain.

"We have to get them out before it closes!" Harry yelled.

Dumbledore drew his wand. "Accio." nothing happened.

"All together," Harry urged as he pointed his wand.

"ACCIO!"

The bodies fell towards the ground. Ron gasping in pain as he caught her; Harry attempted to catch the man but couldn't support his weight and collapsed to the floor before quickly rolling out from under him.

The portal closed, no one seeing the ghostly outline of the bodies that remained where they had been caught in the portal.

He fell to the floor unconscious. All eyes were on the pair except for Snape's whose eyes were still levelled at Harry.

Harry caught the flicker of movement as Snape brought his wand to bear.

Harry jumped onto the broom and flew at top speed out of the castle and onto the grounds.

"Harry!" called Hermione.

"Come back here Potter!" bellowed Snape.

"Dumbledore?"

The last voice came from the man on the floor, before his eyes rolled back and he collapsed.



AUTHORS NOTE: The first 28 chapters have been rewritten so you may want to re-read them, some of the changes are small others are fairly big. Enjoy

If you don't want to re-read the chapters the only change that may be significant later will be Birthday Surprises, the rest is just padding.

Sorry it took so long.
Sign up to rate and review this story