Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never in a million years

So it all began

by thebroken 0 reviews

Ebba plays in a band called The Broken and they somehow meets My Chemical Romance who invite them to play a show with them.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2008-08-05 - 1064 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do NOT own My Chemical Romance or any other bands that may occur in this fic. Everything is pure fiction. I do own the made-up characters like Ebba etc.

I never thought in a million years that we were going to be discovered so soon. I was prepped to struggle for at least a couple of years, like your hear in musicians stories when the lead singer is all; “Life was hard and we were playing small stinky clubs for only five people. Cramping into broke down vans and living in shitty motels.” I guess we we’re lucky, truly lucky. My band which was named The Broken and got discovered by My Chemical Romance’s own Gerard Way and Frank Iero just a half a year after we formed our band. We were at the time an all girl band of three girls. First it was me Ebba Larson; I played the guitar and was the lead singer of the band. Then we had Jennie Lundgren on bass and backup vocals and last but not least it was Julia Gilmore on drums. At the time we were about 23 years old give or take a few months and had meet randomly in a music coffee shop one night a while back. We all came from a land up in the north called Sweden. You might have heard of it or not.

One night were practicing in an old, smelly garage in the elderly parts of Gothenburg. It was all we could afford to practice in at the time. The walls were draped with stinky mouldy old blankets to shut the sound in since we had had many complains during the last month. It was a warm summer night and the sky was almost pink and that night we hade opened the garage door just because the heat was too unbearable and we were all drenched in sweat after only a few songs. The garage just happened to lie in a small ally with the backdoor of the best restaurant in the town just across of the small street, it was always them who complained telling us that they could hear us from the other side of the house, which they couldn’t. It was because of the restaurant we got discovered. It was the day before the big concert with My Chemical Romance on Ullevi, and I had tickets. I’d been looking forward to the concert since I had first bought the tickets in the beginning of March. Gerard Way and the other members were just happened to eating dinner in the restaurant across the street.

This is a story about how we made it and how we fell down.


[Ebba pov]
“Okay! Let’s play You and Me! On my count!” I said and the others nodded. “1, 2, 3, 4!”
I took the first chord on my black guitar, my baby, a black Gibson Les Paul guitar. It had been a present from my dad when I had turned eighteen.

“Oh I’m ready for it. Wake up and kiss me goodbye. Both you and I know it’s time. I got to leave right now, Honey” I sang out loud, almost screaming of the top of my lungs.

[Gerard pov]
I was surprise when the silent Thursday evening was filled with loud music. It was good music, in My Chemical Romance style with a good lyric. Frank and I had gone out the back door to have smoke and Frank had just commented on the quietness being so weird. Jersey was never quiet.

“They sound good? Don’t you think?” I said to Frank and he nodded agreeing with me. Without saying another word me and Frank fallowed the music across the tiny street and found ourselves in a junky garage similar to the one we used to play before we were discovered. The singing stopped suddenly and there three girls were standing steering on us like they’d never seen other humans before.

“You sound really good and cool guitar. I used to have one just like it,” said Frank and broke the silence which had occurred.

“Th-h-h-anks,” the girl with the guitar and mike said. She seemed to be in some kind of shock to see us standing there.

“Have you been playing long time?” I asked awkward to her stare. “It ehm sounds that way.”

“Well, eh no just for a couple of months. We mostly play because its fun but you must already know that,” The girl said again and gave a way a small nervous giggle. She placed her nervous stare at my feet.

“Yeah, I believe we do, right Frank?” I said trying to make it all less awkward.

“uhm, yeah I thinks so too,” Frank answered.

“I’m Gerard Way and this is my very good friend Frank Iero and we…”

“Play in my Chemical Romance, we know. Trust me!” She said again and this time smiled and looked me in the eyes. “You’re amazing! I’m so looking forward to tomorrow’s concert and yeah,”

“So you got tickets?” I asked always glad to meet new fans.

“Yeah, of course wouldn’t miss it for the world seriously!”

“Cool, then maybe you girls can help us out tomorrow; it seems like the other band that was supposed to be our opening for us can’t make it after all. And well, maybe you could play a couple of songs?” Frank said. ‘Good idea’ I thought. The band’s front man was in the hospital with a collapsed lunge due to a minor traffic accident.

“What? Are you guys serious?” Said the girl with the bass who finally said her first words.

“Yeah!” I said and smiled at them. “So who are you really? Maybe we should get on a first name basic!”

“Yeah, that would be a start! My name is Ebba Larson,” said the girl with the guitar that to this point had done the most of the talking. “And that’s Jennie Lundgren on bass, and Julia Gilmore on drums. Our band is called The Broken.”

“Aw, okay. A lot of information there I’ll try to remember all that. The broken is a very cool name!” Frank said and laughed.


**
Hope you like it this is one of my first Fic on english I mostly write on swedish. Please review :)
Sign up to rate and review this story