Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never in a million years

Nice is the watchword

by thebroken 0 reviews

It's time for the show!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2008-08-05 - 2566 words

0Unrated
[Ebba pov]
I had problems sleeping that night since I was so excited for what to come but also so nervous I felt like I would puke at any minute. What if I’d mess up in front of everyone and they would laugh at me. ‘I need my sleep, I have I big day tomorrow!’ I told myself over and over again which made it even harder to sleep. Over and over I closed my eyes, tried to make myself comfortable turning in my bed and sighing into my pillow. By four o’clock I finally fell asleep but still waking up at every hour staring at my watch dreading I would oversleep and miss everything. I was wide awake when the phone rang in the early morning.

“Hallå?” I said in Swedish and looked at the time, 7.03. Who would be calling me at this hour?

“Hi! Is this Ebba Larson I’m speaking to?” said a high pitched girly voice in the other end.

“Ye-e-es!” I got out of my mouth and sat up.

“Oh, sorry did I wake you did I?” she said without sounding the least sorry. “Well I’m calling about the concert tonight. My name is Joanne Leeds. And we have a lot to do today so I’ll send a car to pick you up at… shall we say 11?”

“Uhm, well alright.” I said still a bit confused. “I’ll be ready at 11. What am I going to do today exactly?”

“Well you need to do a lot of thinks, sound cheeking, and stage clothing, meet the rest of the band and so on.” Joanne said. “I need to run now, but if there’s anything you want or need just give me a call on this number, I suppose you have caller Id?”

“Yes, bye!” I hung up the phone after the voice in the other end had disappeared, but I barely closed my eyes before the phone rang once more. I putted my pillow above my head and then let the machine take the message as I left the room singing on whatever had popped into my mind and walking into my kitchen.

The car arrived at exactly 11 with both Jennie and Julia in it all ready in the back seat.

“Hi!” I said to the others. “Are you excited?”

“Hey! Yeah of course!” Julia said. “This is our chance and tonight were gonna rock!”

“Ehm, I’m so nervous!” Jennie said and we laughed and the car started moving. We rolled up to a big white building with big glass doors. I had never been there before.

“Come on!” Julia said and took my arm and Jennie’s arm and together we entered the big building. As soon we had entered the door we knew was what was going happen. Every inch of the rooms walls were either covered with mirrors or big shelves with beauties supplies. There were racks with clothes and shoes. There was no doubt about it we were going to be styled.

It is quite boring getting styled when you already have your own personal style. I am who I am and I wouldn’t change it without a struggle. I actually am a very stubborn person with an attitude that sometimes works in my behalf but mostly it would just ends get me into trouble. Both the stylist and I were very determent in what we thought looked good but this was a thing which I won. It all ended with that I let the stylist do my makeup and then I picked out some clothes for myself and did my hair just the way I wanted it. It was best that way in my opinion. The stylist looked at me with a helpless look that told me that I was so out of fashion but I just smiled and picked out a tight pair of black jeans, a cool tee-shirt and a black and white striped tie (I was so into them at the moment). After the styling we went for the sound checking, Ullevi looked so much bigger from the stage then from audience point of view and then we finally got to meet the whole band. Just not only Frank and Gerard.

“How are the nerves?” Gerard asked who had been the first one from the band who had come up to say hello.

“Well, I don’t think I have any left. This has gone beyond nerves,” I said and Gerard laughed. It was only ten minutes to the show and my insides were tearing me apart. I could hear the big crowd from the outside waiting for the big show.

[Frank pov]
I lay down my guitar after I hade made sure it was alright after the long flight from Jersey, which it was fortunately. If it hadn’t I would have gone all cry baby on everyone, I’m so protective over my babies. I looked up and say, one of the girls from last night. Ebba was her name if I didn’t remember it all wrong. Was that really the same girl I had seen in the garage yesterday all sweaty? She looked prettier than I had remembered. The blue colures of her eyes were glowing through the black painted eyes and she had the prettiest smile there she stood talking to Gerard and Ray laughing. She looked up and met my eyes and smiled against me too. Gerard left and she excused herself from Ray and started walking against me.

“I never had time yesterday to tell you how amazing I think you are as a guitarist.” Ebba said and smiled.

“Well I do my best,” I said. “Thanks Ebba! It is Ebba, right?”

“Yes it is. That’s all you can do really. Any good tips for me before we go on?”

“Of course many, but I don’t feel like boring you all out too much so just believe in yourself and in your music and you’ll do awesome.”

“Thanks!” She said and smiled. “I’ll remember that! Thanks Frank! And good luck to you too! And by the way all my friends call me Ebb. I need to go and talk to the girls before we go on!” she turned her heels and walked away and he followed her with her eyes.

[Ebba pov]
“Okay, are you ready?!” I said and smiled.

“Yeah, but it think I’m gonna be sick.” Jennie said.

“No you’re alright. Come on we can do this together.” Julia said and gave me and Jennie a hug. “Let’s go and kick some ass!” together we walk towards the stage hand in hand.

“Good luck” Ray yelled as we passed him. I gave him a smile. Ullevi was packed with people screaming. The sun was still strong on the evening sky and it almost blinded me but it was alright. I picked up my guitar and walk forward to the mike.

“Hello everybody.” I yelled in Swedish and the crowd went crazy. “We’re The Broken and we’re going to play you a couple of songs. The first on is called ‘Invincible’ and I hope you all will like it.” I took the first chord on the guitar and started to sing.

“When they finally come to destroy the earth they’ll have to go through you first, and I bet they wont be expecting that
When they finally come to destroy the earth they’ll have to deal with you first
And my money says they won’t know about the 1000-Fahrenheit hot metal lights behind your eyes.”

On the after party we were all happy! We had done it! The concert had ended in the same way it had started. The night had been warm and we had all been next to the stage watching and singing along.

“Oh my good that was so awesome!” had been the first thing Jennie had said when My Chem had left the stage. “I want to do it all over again!”

“Yeah, it was cool! I wish I could do this every day! But not tonight,” Julia said. “Right now I just wanna party! So what are we waiting for come on girls, let’s party.” we walked into the after party as ‘Fallen Leaves’ by Billy Talent began playing loud out of the speakers

“I just need to find Adam at first he said he would be here!” I said and started looking around. “I’ll be right back!”

“Okay!” Julia said and grabbed Jennie’s arm se looked at me but let herself be dragged away by Julia. Jennie wasn’t the wildest girl, and wasn’t big on new people. She was also kind of quiet if you didn’t know her well. It was Julia who was the wild one with all the boys. I was in the middle. I laughed and started walking to the back of the room.

I saw the familiar blond hair which belonged to my boyfriend Adam sitting on the couch next to a pretty brunette dressed in the latest whore fashion. They we laughing and she placed her hand on his hip. “You are so funny!” I saw her lips form and then all suddenly Adam bent forward and their lips met. My heart sank and again I found myself thinking ‘how could he?’ There was a huge grin placed on his lips as they separated. He noticed me and the grin on his face was whipped of in the same second I turned my heels to walk away.

“Ebba! Ebba! I’m sorry, it didn’t mean anything!” he begged and ran after me. “She jumped at me,” he tried to seize my hand but I pulled it close in till myself. I’d seen this for the last time. It was always the same story with him; he gets drunk and ends up with one girl after the other. Every time he had begged me to take him back and over and over again I couldn’t say no to his blue eyes when they pierced me. No more! I wouldn’t take it anymore. My friends had been right about him all along.

“NO! Adam” I Jelled. “How could you?” I hit him in the chest with everything I had. “You promised me it wouldn’t happen again and always I find you doing it all over once more. I’m out of here I can’t even look at you anymore,” I left the room, pushed my way through the crowd and felt the tears starting to run down my cheeks. All the sudden someone grabbed my wrist.

“Ebb, are you alright?” Frank asked and I avoided looking at him.

“No! I just really need to get out of here,” I said and had my eyes placed on his shoulder while biting my lip, fighting to stop crying, not in front of Frank.

“Okay.” He said and started to pull me towards the exit.

I felt a relive out in the warm summer night air and breathed in. “What’s the matter Ebba? You can tell me,” He led me away to a bench just a couple of feet away from the door. I sat down and buried my head in my arms. Frank sat down next to me and placed his hand on my back.

“It’s my boyfriend,” I started but stopped again and started once more. “I mean my ex-boyfriend we broke up!” I looked into Franks eyes. “I saw him with another girl… They were kissing,”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Frank said and putted his arms around my shoulders. “Really sorry!” I lay me head ageist his shoulder and let the tears run down. After a while I hear foot steps come closer.

“Ebba, I’m so sorr…” Adam began but stopped when he saw Frank sitting close to me. “Ebb, what are you doing?”

“I think you should go now!” Frank said.

“I’m not leaving with out my girl!” Adam said and looked at me. “Come on Ebba let’s go.”

“No!” I said. “It’s over; you’ve hurt me for the last time, Adam. Just go, Okay?” I could see how Adam became angry and he gave out a little laugh. I wished I could say something terrible to make his grin disappear but I was too emotional to do anything that would make the least sense.

“Ebba, come on! You know I was just having a little fun!”

“You should really go now,” Frank said again and this time he stood up.

“Or else what?” Adam said and rose above Frank looking down. He was so much taller. “Your gonna hit me? Come on! I’d like to see you give it a shoot!”

“Come on Frank let’s go,” I took Franks arm and started pulling him away but Adam had already taken the first punch at Frank. Frank laughed, but Adam hit him again this time in the face. Which he shouldn’t have done because this time Frank punched him in the face and the next second Adam was lying on the ground. Frank raised his arm to hit him again but I grabbed his fist and forced him to look at me.

“No Frank! He’s not worth it. Let’s just go!” Frank lowered his arm and we walked away.

[Franks Pov]
We walked around for an hour (I think I lost track of time) just enjoying each others company. At first she had been shaken by what had happen but soon laughed it off.

“When you think you know someone and they just turn out to be a completely different person at the end,” Ebba said. “I hate when that happens.”

“Yeah, me to,” I said with my hands in my pockets as usually. “But I think it would be better if we went back to the party now. It’s getting kind of late you know.”

“Mm, I know,” Ebba said and smiled. “I enjoyed talking to you Frank! You’re a really nice guy!” She kissed my cheek softly as we departed from each other.


“Where have you been all night?” was the first thing Gerard said when we sat in the car going back to the hotel.

“I was with Ebba,” I answered truthfully.

“…and what were you up to then?” Gerard continued.

“What up with the interrogation, Gee?” I said avoiding the question. What had I been up too? I know what happened but what did it had meant. I placed my fingers where her lips had touched my cheek earlier and thought. ‘A nice guy,’

“Can’t a guy just have conversations with his friend without being picked on?” Gerard said.

“No, sorry that’s un possible. I’ve tried but it is just too hard to avoid,” I said and laughed looking away and hid my hands in my pockets again.

“You idiot!” Gerard said.

“Well, thank you Gerard,” I said and we both laughed.

“But, seriously. What did you do?” Gerard tried again and I saw no way to avoid it this time.

“Well I punched her ex-boyfriend when he didn’t leave her alone and then we just walked around talking. She is a really nice girl,” Frank said. Nice is the watchword.
Sign up to rate and review this story