Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Never in a million years

Brussels here we come

by thebroken 2 reviews

Read it and you'll find out!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-20 - Updated: 2008-08-05 - 2270 words

0Unrated
[Ebba pov]
I didn’t really know what I was feeling. Thorn between my happy feeling over the concert and the meting everyone but I was also feeling sad about Adam. For a while now I had felt the break up coming closer but I didn’t want it to end this way. Adam had been the nicest guy and a sweet boyfriend but when he got too much to drink he became a completely different person, a person who scared me. So in the end I was also kind of glad it was all over. Was I a horrible person for thinking that? I spent a long time in lying in my bed thinking about that all night. In the early morning hours I decided I would cut Adam out of my life, we were over and tomorrow life would go back to normal once again. A bit sad but true.

I woke up early next morning because of the sun was shining right in to my eyes. With a smile across my face I sat up and looked at the alarm clock on my night stand, 5.16. I had only slept a few hours but I felt completely rested. So I went out in the kitchen and made myself a cup of tea and then sat down in the window with the cup and my scratch book. First I was just righting down random words and sentences but then it turned out to be a song, I worked on it while I saw the sun rise higher on the sky. I love sitting in the big window in the living room. When I first moved to my apartment I made this small little bench so I could sit there and just enjoy the view. I had even made a small shelf were you could put a cup or something like that.

At eleven the phone rang and went to answer it.

“Hello,” I said

“Hi again! It’s Joanna from yesterday morning,”

“Oh, Hi!” I said surprised, what could she want?

“Well I would first like to congratulate you for the amazing performance last night. You play really well and the band was very pleased with you and would like me to ask you if you and your band would like to tag along during the European tour,” My heart jumped really high. “The band which was supposed to the opening act has been forced to cancel in the last second,”

“Oh my good I don’t know what to say.”

“Well I’ve already spoken to the other members in your band and they say to be correct the answered was Hell Yeah! So at this point it’s just up to you right now to decide to go or not?”

“Yeah, of course. This is really a dream come true.” I was so happy at this point I just felt like screaming and jumping up and down.


With in the next days were on the road, 3 days to be exact. After a quick goodbye to the family and packing up all my things I needed we were all three plus our luggage and instrument pack in a small minivan. In Belgium which was the next stop we would get an own bus. But except for the small inconvenience we were all happy. I felt like I was in a dream and I kept pinching my arm seeing if it really was true after all. I already had a small read mark because I kept doing it all over. It was too good to be true. I had quit my job at my sister’s coffee shop the same morning I got the call from Joanna. My sister had been very happy for me and had wished me the best of luck.

The trip by car was long and I soon became very tired of just sitting still all day long. I always have very hard to sit still but this time all really needed was to be able move my legs. I keep drumming on the instrument board on tact with which ever song I played on my ipod and ate the last of my candy.

When we had drove for a couple of hours we stopped because Frank needed to get something from the store so I took the chance to finally move. The band had been in a bus before us the whole trip. What a relive I felt when the legs became straight. And just out of the blue I started to jump up and down like crazy.

“What are you doing?” Someone said behind me and I turned around and saw Gerard leading on the bus.

“Well I needed to move my legs. I’m just sick of sitting still and we have only driven for like 6-7 hours,” I said and laughed. “I don’t get how you can sit still that long.”

“Well, you get used to it after a couple of month of travelling all around the world,” Gerard said. “And if you need to move you can easily do it in the bus. But I like your way better. It looks so much funnier.”

“It is fun! Come on!” I said and reached my arm for Gerard’s, he took it and we both started to jump around like crazy for half a minute or so.

“Well I believe you!” Gerard said laughing. “If you want you can come on our bus for a couple of hours?”

“Yeah, sure,” I said. “I’m just gonna grab my Ipod. I can’t remember the last time I went anywhere without it!” I went to the van and took what I needed and then I headed for the bus. The bus was cleaner than I had expected, you know five boys living together do you really believe it would be kept this clean? The bus was pretty awesome with a black rug, red walls and a big black fluffy couch and a small kitchen was what I saw when I walked in. The bus seemed to be divided into to two pieces since there was this wall in the middle. On the wall there was a huge TV and I could see the TV-games underneath.

“You act like you never seen the inside of a bus before?” Someone next to me said and I jumped. It was Bob who where sitting on the s couch. I hadn’t noticed him at all when I’d walked in.

“Correction I’ve never seen the inside of this bus before,” I said quickly uncertain what I was supposed to do, I sat down on the couch and looked at Bob who continued reading his magazine which he had in his lap.

“Hey, that’s my seat” Frank said who just had entered the bus and the engine stated.

“Oh, sorry!” I said and started to move.

“No, I’m just kidding,” Frank said with a twinkle in his eye. He sat down next to me and took up a big candy bag out of his pocket. “Want some?” He said and offered the candy bag to me.

“Sure,” I said and took a piece of chocolate. “Thank you!”

“You’re welcome!” He said with the mouth full of candy. “You’re cute, you know that? I wouldn’t offer you my candy if you weren’t. That’s why Gerard never gets any!”

“Oh,” I said surprised and laughed a little. “Well, thanks” I felt my face getting red, so I looked down at my hands and hoped he wouldn’t notice.

[Gerard pov]
After the short stop I continued to sketch in my pad as I had been doing before the stop. I didn’t really know what I was sketching but after a while I saw it was a face, a female face. She had a dark bang covering the most of her eyes but you could still see them eyes glowing through. They were painted black and they gave the impression of mystery. Like if there was a secret hiding behind them. I gave her a small but sweet mouth and painted some freckles on the back of the nose. I was sitting in the front of the bus and was suddenly disturbed by the laughing from behind me. I looked back and saw Frank and Ebba laughing, I could see that Frank was flirting with Ebba, it was quite obvious. But that’s who Frank is and always has been. He is always strait forward, honest, and did the things he felt was right in the moment. I looked down at my drawing once more and looked back to Ebba. I had been painting her without thinking about her, at least not intentionally.

[Frank pov]
After that Ebba had come on the bus the trip went from being completely boring to okay. I found out more about her and we had many laughs together. Now the sun was making its way down in to the horizontal and we are soon leaving Denmark behind and go into Germany. We were driving straight to Brussels, Belgium. I was not tired had no urge of sleeping anytime soon. We were still sitting on the couch, Ebba and I. The only difference now was that Ebba had her head on my shoulder and she was sleeping while I watched a movie. Gerard was still sitting in one of the chairs in the front of the bus. He spend the most of the times there painting and writing, that of course when his not hanging out with the rest of us. The light in the front went out and I saw him walking to the bunks. He looked suspicious at me when he passed and saw Ebba.

“Good Night,” he said and continued. I fell a sleep just a half hour after that and woke up early next morning when Ebba made a sudden move and her head hit mine, but she kept sleeping but I was awake and couldn’t fell asleep again. It was often that way, it was very hard to wake me but when someone did succeed, I couldn’t fell asleep again. This was one of those times. I looked down at my watch on my arm; 6.52. So it was early but not too early so I would ruin my whole day because I would be so tired. Ebba suddenly sat up and saw at me. I was clearly she had just realised that I was sitting there.

“Good morning, sleepy head,” I said smiling at her with my usually stupid grin which I always kept doing like the idiot I am.

“Good morning,” she said and rubbed her head and her untidy hair stood up more that it had done before. She closed her eyes hard and opened them once more and smiled yawning big. “Sleep any good?”

“Well yeah, I have,” I said. “Did you?”

“Yes, you got a good shoulder to sleep on! Not too bony!” she said “Where are we?”

“I don’t know but I think we should have left Germany by now,”

“We’ll be in Brussels in an hour,” Mikey said coming up the stairs from the 1st floor of the bus. He was carrying a cup of coffee and wearing his sunglasses. Mikey hated to sleep in the bus while it was moving and was often lying awake. “So you’re up early?” he continued, but didn’t wait for the conversation to continue and went to sit down in one of the chairs in the front.

As Mikey had said we arrived to Brussels within the hour and Ebba left to go to her car. Because we had been driving all night we had the day off. We were supposed to arrive in the evening and stopping at a hotel in Denmark. But we had all agreed to keep going and got a chance to see the town of Brussels instead. So after getting ready I left the bus and walked over to Ebba who were sitting on a rock outside of her car. We had parked on the parking lot of our hotel and she had changed clothes, fixed her hair and make up. She looked really pretty in the sunlight.

“Wanna go for a walk?” I asked her. “There’s nothing to do, the others are sleeping.”

“Sure! I need to walk anyway,” She said. “Should we tell the others?”

“No, come on lets go, it’s only like 9.30! Gerard and Bob can easily sleep until 12. They will never know we even left,” I said and she nodded and we walked away.

“This is the second time we’re doing this,” Ebba said. “It’s really nice. You and I do have a lot in common.”

“Hm, well I think so too,” I said and took her hand and she smiled at me. We walked down a desert street, it was Saturday morning and it was closed everywhere and we didn’t meat a single soul.

“Oh, look what a lovely lake!” Ebba yelled as we left the street and turned left.

“Yes. I see,” the water on the lake was really still and the only sound we could here was a lonely bird. “Really nice,” We stopped and I took Ebba’s other hand. We were now standing really close face to face. I bent forward and I carefully kissed her lips.

------------------------------

Please review if you like the chapter, or just let me know that you're reading. Because your review will inspire me to write more :)
Sign up to rate and review this story