Categories > Original > Drama > Save Me

Prologue (Flames of Anger)

by darks00 1 review

Linkin is a boy abused by his brothers after his parents past away. When he starts taking it out on himself, his friends try to save him. Can they save him from himself and his brothers?

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2006-12-17 - Updated: 2006-12-18 - 708 words

1Moving
We all fear something. And sometimes, we need help to get over that fear. But sometimes, you must run away from fear, in order to save yourself. Sometimes you need help. Linkin Kindler realizes this the hard way...

Save Me

LINKIN'S POINT OF VIEW:

It has officially been a three months since my parents passed away. I looked at their picture in my hands. Also, in the picture, was cute little girl in their arms. She was thirteen. She was also my sister. My now dead sister. I kissed the picture, imagining it was really them, not a picture.

"I miss you, Mom, Dad...Kate." I whispered.

Ever since my parent's deaths, I've been forced to live with my two older brothers, Mark and Kevin. They made my life hell. I put on a long, black hoody, in attempt to hide the bruises that my brothers made on me for my "mistakes". But, the marks on my skin near my wrists were from me. I had to hide them. No one could know. I know it's wrong of me. But, I lost the will to live. I can't live like this. Not even my three best friends, Kylie, Adam or Gray knew. It was my little secret.

I continue to look at the picture in my hands. Where they in a better place? Where they looking down on me? My heart jumped out of my chest when my bedroom door rammed open. It was my brothers, Mark and Kevin. Mark and Kevin had no feelings once so ever. You couldn't see through their cloudy grey eyes. Their stare turned my heart to stone. Kevin grabbed the picture of my parents and Kate from my hands.

"What's this?" Kevin asked.

"Awww you miss our family, don't you?" Mark asked, smirking.

"Yes. Don't you?" I asked them.

They both shrugged. "They're dead. No use mourning over it," replied Mark.

"You're a moster with no feelings."

SMACK. Kevin hit me right across the cheek. I moaned in pain. I should have known not to talk back to them or fight them, or they would get worse. Mark then took out a lighter out of his coat pocket.

"W-what are you doing?" I asked, terrified.

"Helping you get over the past," Recalled Kevin, smirking, knowing what Mark was thinking.

Kevin gave Mark the picture, and slowly put it towards the flame. The only picture and memory of my family I had left. Kevin and Mark already took away all the rest of the photos. It was the only one left.

"NO!" I screamed.

I attempted to stop Mark, but Kevin quickly grabbed me, and held me so I couldn't move. Tears dripped from my eyes, seeing the picture turn to ashes, and their smiles on the picture now on fire. The picture burned fast. Kevin and Mark laughed. Kevin and Mark then left me. I fell to the ground.

Why me, I felt like screaming. But no, I kept quiet with my tears. I can't keep living like this. But, no...I didn't want to leave earth the way my sister did...

_________________________________________________________

FLASHBACK

"It's ok, Kate," I said hugging, as we both cried.

Mark and Kevin gave us both our recent beatings. And to make things worse, Kate and me had bullying issues at school, people telling she should go kill herself.

"I'm going to bed," Kate told me.

"You sure you're ok?" I asked her.

"...yes."

The next morning, I went to Kate's room to check up on her.

"Morning, Kate..." I began, but then screamed.

On the floor, was Kate, and a bottle of sleeping pills...empty in her cold, dead hand. She was dead. She killed herself.

My brothers made her kill herself. And I couldn't save her.

END OF FLASHBACK

_______________________________________________________

I was going to school now. My only sanctury from my brothers. But, school does have to end. After light, there's always darkness, and light takes awhile to come back up. To me, it seems like darkness everyday. I made sure my arms were covered up, and I cleaned my face to try to hide the fact that I was crying. I couldn't show weakness. I grabbed my backpack, and went to school.

TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story