Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ABC's Of Growing Up

You and I Both

by danceislife 2 reviews

Anna realizes her mistake...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-20 - Updated: 2006-12-21 - 770 words

0Unrated
~~A/N: I just realized how short my chapters are. I'm sorry! I'll write more next time. xo~*~

Maddie's POV:

When I woke up the next morning, I remembered the events from the previous day. I had made a mistake. Ever since my cancer had been diagnosed, people gave me that look; the look of pity. I couldn't take it anymore! That was part of the reason I agreed to go to Ireland to help out with my grandmother. No one there knew about my past. I was able to start over. And no one found out about it either. But Jay begged me to come home, not wanting me to face the "emotional repercussions" alone. He had a point. I couldn't look in the mirror for a long time after. I felt incomplete. The wedding also needed planning. I looked over at the clock. Nine. Not too bad. I set about getting ready, knowing Jay and Brea were both at work. I then stopped at the diner, and got my job situation fixed. Now I had to figure out what to do about Ryan.

My car had been fixed, so I decided I needed to drive to Las Vegas and get Avie. I didn't have a number for any of the boys, but I knew the address. I called Jay and told him I would be gone until tomorrow. Time for a mini road trip.

Ryan's POV:
I groaned at the light filtering in through the blinds of my bedroom. Inhaling, I could smell Maddie's perfume. I was debating whether or not to call her today. Walking into the kitchen, I discovered the guys were out for the day. I was a little upset they left me alone, but it's not like they purposely did, they were all doing different things. Grabbing some breakfast, and taking a shower, I decided I would call her. Maybe I could drive to LA today, since I wasn't doing anything. It wouldn't be like that for long either. We were starting our European tour in a week. This had to be fixed now. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed the number.

"Hello?" a male voice said.

"Hi, um, this may sound weird but I was wondering if I could speak to Maddie-" I started. Then I heard the doorbell ring

"Excuse me, could you hold on for just a minute?"

Maddie's POV:

I arrived, and the house looked empty. I decided to give it a try anyway. I rang the doorbell...

Ryan's POV:

Opening the door, I was shocked by the image on the other side. Was I dreaming?

"I think I found was I was looking for," I said into my cellphone, closing it.

"Can I hug you?" I asked, longing to hold her like yesterday. She smirked and pulled me into a hug. I closed the door, and memories of the previous day flooded back.

"Can I get you something to drink?" I asked. She laughed.

"What's with all the questions?" she smiled. It was wonderful to see her acting what seemed to be normal. "I'm okay actually."

"One more question. Why did you run off? I was worried." I said as we sat down on the couch.

"Ryan, I made a mistake. When I was diagnosed, people didn't look at me the same anymore. It was all pity, sympathy. Like I was incomplete. I couldn't stand it. That's part of the reason I agreed to go to Ireland to take care of my grandmother. I needed to get away from it all. Jay convinced me to come back. When I met you, I fell, fast. Obviously. I was afraid you were going to look at me that way too. I couldn't take that." she said, holding back tears.

"Oh Maddie," I said, pulling her into a hug. Then the tears started flowing, from both of us. I'm pretty sure I was more upset than she was. "I will never look at you like you are incomplete. How can you think that?" I said, stroking her hair.

"I really like you. I'm leaving soon for our European tour. I wont be back until December. Can we try to make some sort of relationship work until then? I know it's a lot to ask, and you'll probably meet some amazing guy while I'm gone, but I want to date you. I want to know more about you. We can talk, and email while I'm away, and then pick things up when I come back. Maddie, will you be my girlfriend? I asked, the whole speech as if it was rehearsed.
Sign up to rate and review this story