Categories > Anime/Manga > Love Mode > The Ways Love Grows

Boys' Night Out

by Jexia 0 reviews

And the date goes on with Takamiya and Izumi

Category: Love Mode - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Takamiya, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-08-07 - Updated: 2005-08-08 - 1648 words

0Unrated
Izumi was quiet as they walked back to the car. While they buckled up, Takamiya found himself straining for conversation and sensed that maybe Izumi was a little worn out from the unaccustomed exercise.

"Are you tired?" he asked.

"Oh, no, not really," Izumi said.

"Hungry?"

Izumi hesitated.

"Well after all that fresh air and exercise, I know I am," said Takamiya. "Let's go get something to eat. It'll be my treat."

"Really? Let's go then!" exclaimed Izumi. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Takamiya loved how Izumi seemed to smile with his whole body when he was pleased. The young man intrigued him, and he wanted to get to know him better. He smiled back, put the car in gear and pulled out of the parking lot, thinking of the perfect place to match his mood. He envisioned a pleasant meal, a few drinks to relax with, mood music, and some conversation,

It was late afternoon when they reached the Park Plaza Hotel and took the elevator to the Summit Lounge. The windows in the place were floor to ceiling plate glass and their waiter gave them a table with a view overlooking the city. The snowcap of Mt. Fuji glowed pink in the last rays of the sunset as the lights of the city winked on.

"What a great view!" said Izumi as the waiter seated them and gave them menus.

"It's wonderful tonight," agreed Takamiya happily, as he opened his menu and began to consider what he might enjoy. The menu in five different languages boasted superb selections of French, Italian, American, Chinese and Japanese cuisine. Izumi was certain to find something he liked with such a varied menu, thought Takamiya.

With the spectacular view, dim lighting and relative quiet, the elegant lounge encouraged intimacy by design, but little by little, it seemed to put a damper on Izumi's enthusiasm. For the last five minutes, the boy had been staring at the menu in absolute silence and Takamiya began to feel that maybe this hadn't been such a good choice of restaurant after all.

Putting his misgivings aside, Takamiya finally asked, "Have you decided what you'd like, Izumi?"

The youth's face reddened with embarrassment.

"I don't understand all of it," he mumbled. "I'm afraid you'll have to order for me."

So that's why he'd been so quiet. Takamiya's relief showed in his broad smile.

"Do you like Italian food?" he asked.

"Sometimes," said Izumi.

"The chef here trained in Italy. He's very good. If you like pasta, just wait until you taste his chicken fettuccine. It's so good here, and they have the best antipasto."

As Takamiya put in the order for dinner and drinks, he was relieved to see Izumi relaxed again. In just a few minutes, one of the waiters brought an appetizer of bruschetta and antipasto. Another brought a bottle of Italian wine and poured out for both of them. Takamiya thought that a glass or two would help to ease Izumi's tension.

After the server left, Izumi lifted his glass. He'd never thought he'd be having drinks in such an elegant place.

"It's so exciting eating in such an international restaurant," he said. "Should we toast then?"

"Well, the French say Salut, the Germans say Prosit. The Russians say Nostrovia, and the English say Cheers...

"You said this is Italian wine?"

"Yes, it is."

"Well, let's have an Italian toast then."

"Salute," Takamiya said.

"Salute," said Izumi and took his first sip. "This is delicious!" he declared.

"It is, isn't it?" Takamiya's smile was infectious.

Though Izumi was quiet, he seemed to be enjoying himself. He ate every bit of the food in front of him with obvious enthusiasm. The view of the moonlit mountain and the lights of Shinjuku was enchanting. The restaurant was full of comfortable sounds, a slight buzz of conversation, muffled clink of cutlery on china, and mellow jazz. It had been a long time since Takamiya had felt so content.

After dinner, they went into the bar. Takamiya ordered scotch on the rocks.

"Perhaps you'd like to try some Grand Marnier," he suggested to Izumi.

Izumi had no idea what that was, but nodded shyly.

It came in a very small glass.

Izumi didn't quite know what to expect, so he sniffed it.

"It smells like oranges," he said and took a sip.

"It burns!" he exclaimed.

"Do you like it?"

Izumi took a bigger sip this time, and his eyes widened as the liqueur warmed him from lips to belly.

"I think so," he said. "Yes, I do!"

Takamiya found himself smiling. It was amazing how fresh and spontaneous Izumi made everything seem. As he looked at the bright eyes of his companion, he gave some thought about what might happen later. They had played everything by ear so far.

He was tempted to reach out and touch those glowing pink cheeks, run his hands through the thick hair, but he managed to control his impulse though the scotch was knocking down some of his own inhibitions.

The minute Izumi gave the slightest indication that he wanted to take things further, Takamiya decided he was definitely ready, willing, and able.

Izumi was quite relaxed now, easing the kinks out neck and shoulder. He looked at Takamiya and sighed, "You must have an awesome girl friend."

The statement amused Takamiya. "Why do you say that?" he asked his curiosity aroused by Izumi's apparent naiveté.

"Well, don't get the wrong idea by my saying it, but even I can see you're handsome and rich and if this is how you treat your dates, I'm just surprised you're not married by now."

"That's flattering, but, ah, well, no. I don't have anyone like that in my life."

"Really?" responded Izumi, and then fell silent.

Takamiya took a drink of the scotch as he considered the young man seated on the bar stool beside him. Izumi's face was an open book and Takamiya could almost hear him thinking, though he was completely unprepared for what Izumi said next.

"Takamiya, why did you want to meet someone like me?"

Now there was a question. Why had he agreed to meet a prostitute?

It wasn't just because Reiji had strong-armed him into it. There were many reasons.

Because he was tired of sleeping alone.

Because he missed intimacy.

Because when Shiki died, some of the joy had gone out of his life.

Because he was stuck in a rut that he couldn't seem to climb out of, and he'd thought this might be a first step.

These thoughts went through his mind, but were too painful to voice, so what he said was, "Oh, because you're cute and gentle, I suppose."

"But I'm a guy," said Izumi. "Normally--" A hiccup stopped the sentence.

Normally was hardly an expression Takamiya had expected to hear from a Blue Boy host and he had

a sudden disquieting thought that maybe this was Izumi's way of giving him the brush-off.

He hoped not, but the boy's questions puzzled him. Maybe it was because Izumi was young. He was very likely new to the business of prostitution, and it was only natural that he might still have some questions and concerns about the profession he'd chosen. Young as he appeared to be however, Takamiya had no doubt that Izumi was of legal age. Aoe Reiji would never have hired him as a host otherwise.

From Izumi's flushed face, Takamiya hazarded a guess that maybe he'd had a little more to drink than usual and it had gone to his head. Maybe it was just the brandy talking. He hated to think that the young man just wasn't attracted to his type, because Takamiya was definitely attracted to Izumi.

Up to now, the day had been fun and exciting. He was hoping for an enjoyable night as well, so he decided to take a positive approach.

"Did you have a bad time today, Izumi?"

"No, it was fun," replied the youth.

"Well, isn't that great then!" Takamiya's smile sparkled.

"Yeah, that's right!" Izumi smiled in return, but the smile faded and then he apologized, "I'm sorry. I think I had too much to drink. I feel a little..."

His eyes closed before he could finish the sentence. He leaned up against Takamiya and rested his head on the man's shoulder. The closeness awakened all kinds of feelings in the older man. It felt natural, nice, and the fact that it was voluntary eased Takamiya's concern that Izumi might not like him. Now that it was finally clear that he did, Takamiya found himself wanting more intimate contact. His breathing slowed down and his heartbeat speeded up.

"Are you okay?" asked Takamiya.

"Oh, I'm fine. Feels good."

It did feel good with Izumi's head resting against his shoulder. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he visualized the two of them together in bed. As soon as possible was his sudden thought.

Izumi probably only needed a little fresh air to throw off the effects of the liquor.

Takamiya settled the bill, then turned to Izumi and asked, "Can you walk to the car?"

"Oh, sure."

Dreamy and contented, Izumi linked his arm through Takamiya's as they took the elevator down to the car park. Takamiya felt a strong chemistry when they touched and the same tender protective feeling that he had felt at the stable came over him now. Izumi's easy acceptance of his touch awakened high hopes and happiness in him.

"What's the rest of the evening from here?" asked the youth as Takamiya started the engine.

"I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever ask," said Takamiya with a smile of anticipation. "I thought we'd go to my..."

Takamiya had to laugh. Before he'd even finished the answer, Izumi's head was resting on his shoulder again, and he heard the boy's soft snores.
Sign up to rate and review this story