Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I've Seen Love Die - Patrick Stumph

Twenty-Seven.

by punkypromqueen 3 reviews

:)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-27 - Updated: 2006-12-28 - 1236 words

1Exciting
...
Twenty-Seven

"Dude seriously call me if you need anything. I'd stay here with you guys but I'm afraid to leave Sara and Molly alone for so long with Sean knowing where we live." Pete responded as Patrick laid a now sleeping Kate in his bed.
"Yeah I understand, you better get going we'll be fine. With all the drugs Kate was given she's going to be passed out for awhile anyways." Patrick laughed a little.
Pete, Patrick, and Joe took Kate to the hospital to make sure she wasn't more hurt then they thought. She wasn't, surprisingly nothing was broken she was just severely bruised. The guys all wanted Kate to press charges against Sean but Kate knew she wasn't ready to do that yet. The boys we're understandably livid but there was nothing more they could do except protect her as best they could until she came to her senses.
"Fuck," Pete whispered, "I can't believe this has been going on and I didn't fucking notice."
"Hey, it's not your fault. Just next time she starts 'seeing' anyone tell me God damn it."
"Yeah, alright." Pete sighed and rubbed his eyes.
"Go home Pete, we'll be fine."
With that Pete left Patrick and Kate to return to his family. Patrick walked out to the family room and sat on his overly stuffed couch in his apartment. He glanced around the room and sighed, the place was way to big for one person. He heard stirring coming from his bedroom and got up to go check on Kate. When Patrick walked into his room he saw Kate standing in front of his dresser staring at a picture of them taken while they were still together. The couple was oblivious to the camera as Kate laughed while Patrick gently placed a kiss on her collarbone. Patrick loved that picture, he loved how it displayed both of their carefree spirits as well as the love shared between them. Kate traced the outside of the picture frame with her index finger before sighing and putting the picture face down on the dresser. She balled her fists up and finally let the tears that had been threatening to fall since she discovered the picture on the dresser give way. Kate placed her back to the dresser as she slowly slid down to the floor hugging her knees to her chest, she obviously didn't notice Patrick standing in the doorway. He pushed open the door a tad more causing it to make a creaking noise, Kate's head shot up. She quickly wiped the tears from her face, an awful attempt to hide that she was crying. Patrick closed his eyes, he hadn't of planned on Kate catching him watching her.
"What's wrong?" He asked out of reflex and then wished he could take back his stupid question.
"I mean besides the whole deadbeat asshole boyfriend thing." That came out wrong and he knew it. Patrick was coming across as a jealous ex-boyfriend, which totally wasn't his intention.
"Wait." He paused, "That came out wrong, Kate I'm sorry."
Kate nodded in response and began to cry again,
"It's not your fault." She said through her tears. It was then that Kate's phone started vibrating on the desk. Patrick walked over and picked up the cellular device, he glanced at the caller ID - Sean - he silenced it and placed it back on the desk.
"You're not talking to him." Was all he stated without turning to face her. Kate didn't argue she just pulled herself off the floor. Patrick ran over to help her.
"You're not going to argue with me?" He questioned as he scooped her put and placed her gently on he bed.
"First off, I really don't need help, and second no I'm not going to argue. You're right, everyone is right and there is no use in me arguing otherwise." She stated as she slowly got off the bed and walked towards the desk. Kate picked up her phone dialed a few numbers and put it up to her ear. Patrick immediately reached for the phone,
"I told you that you weren't going to talk to him." He said sternly.
"I'm calling the police. I'm going to file a report."

The officers left a few hours ago and Kate just lay on Patrick's bed. She had already tried blaming everyone except for herself for all the bad things that have happened in the past two years, after that didn't work she finally knew that she had to grow up and face life head on. She decided that apologizing to Patrick was probably the best place to start undoing her mess and she got off the bed and as quickly as she could walked into the family room to find Patrick asleep on the couch. Kate shook him awake which scared the crap out of Patrick. He half fell off the couch but caught himself at the last minute inhaled deeply and looked at her.
"What's the matter?" He asked groggily.
"I'm sorry." She stated.
"What's wrong?" Patrick asked again thinking she was apologizing for waking him up.
"No, I'm not just sorry for waking you up, I'm sorry for everything. Breaking your nose, not giving you a fair second chance, not talking to you about fixing us, not letting you explain yourself, not talking to you, hating you. Everything, I'm sorry. I don't want to do that anymore."
"You don't have to apologize, I deserved it." He stated much more awake now than he was before.
"No you didn't, everyone deserves a fair second chance, I didn't give that to you."
"Alright then, I forgive you?" He half stated, half questioned. She smiled,
"Thank you."
Kate leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. As she was pulling away he placed a hand on her shoulder,
"Hey?" she stopped and gave him a questioning look.
"Come here." He stated and pulled her back to him. Kate inhaled sharply as he placed his lips onto hers. Patrick immediately realized what he just did and broke the kiss.
"I'm sorry that was out of line." He whispered, Kate only responded by grabbing the collar of his shirt, pulling him the remaining distance to her and crashing his lips to hers. Patrick pulled Kate onto his lap. He engulfed her in his arms, kissing her hungrily, his hands roaming her body. She inhaled sharply once more, this time in pain instead of surprise. Patrick immediately pulled his hands off of her,
"I'm sorry." He apologized and lifted up the front of her shit a bit so he could see. He felt anger rise in the pit of his stomach ten times worse than when Sean kissed her.
"Damn it Kate." Patrick mumbled as he leaned forward to get the phone that was ringing on the coffee table, he protectively wrapped an arm around her so she wouldn't fall off of him as he was leaning.
"Hello." He said with his face flushed and still somewhat out of breath.
"Hold on." Patrick responded and handed Kate the phone. She gave him a questioning look as if to ask, 'who is it?' Patrick shrugged and Kate took the phone.
"Hello."
"This is she."
"Yes I understand." All of the color left her face when she hung up the phone.
"Who was it? What's wrong?" Patrick questioned.
"That was the police, they can't find Sean."
Sign up to rate and review this story