Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Dimension Traveler

The Beggining

by Crystalmonkey 0 reviews

During the summer, Harry dables in combining magical and muggle technology. The results fling him on a dimension hopping journey, through books and television series spanning time and space. Multit...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-08-05 - Updated: 2005-08-05 - 2334 words

0Original
Name: Dimensional Traveler
Author: Paul
Keywords: Harry, Dimensional Travel, Crossover
Summary: During the summer, Harry dables in combining magical and muggle technology. The results fling him on a dimension hopping journey, through books and television series spanning time and space. Multitude of crossovers.
Disclaimer: I do not own the series involved in this story, including but not limited to Harry Potter or Cleopatra 2525. I did not make any money off of this story, I am simply trying to get a fan base for the series.


Chapter One - The Beginning

The summer had been hell for Harry with Sirius death last term, and it was only because the Weasely family decided to take him away a few weeks sooner that he was able to snap out of his depression.

From the first day, he threw himself into studying and forgot about his surroundings. He covered all of the years he had taken, and the 6th and 7th year material as well. It was a poor attempt as redirecting his thoughts away from the hole in his heart, a hole once filled with Sirius, and even he recognized it.

Thanks to the comfort offered by his friends, however, he was starting to recover and he began to realize that the blame lie with Voldemort, and to a certain extent Dumbledores for withholding information, and that he should try and move on.

His studies helped him, however, when Mr. Weasely decided to try and get Harry engaged in a little project of his, involving the adaptation of a television set to run on magical energy. Using what he had learned, it would go a long way to helping bridge the gap between muggle and magical technology.

At first, Harry was bored out of his mind while they worked on taking apart and analyzing each piece, but as time went on he became more and more interested with the entire project. Soon, Harry spent long hours working in the shack on the television, testing new spells and theories.

It was less than a week away from August 31st that he hit upon the breakthrough that would start him on the adventure of a lifetime.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Gather round everyone, I've finally done it!" Harry shouted into the Burrow, excited that he had finally achieved success.

Mr. Weasely was the first to enter the garage, and promptly placed an expansion charm to prepare for the arrival of the rest of the Weasely clan. This would be a move that would later contribute to what had happened, though it would take many years for Harry, while looking back at his life, to realize this.

Ginny was the next person to enter the room, and started to sneeze because of all the dust and dirt.

Ginny was followed by Ron and Hermione, the couple holding hands after finally admitting their feelings for each other while recovering in the Hospital Wing.

The twins entered, visiting that day so that they could take a break from their very busy shop. Weasely Wizard Wheezes was currently tied with Zonkos for market share, and they were getting more and more orders every day.
Bill followed with his girlfriend, Fleur, and Charlie followed after them with Mrs. Weasely.

"What have you done, Harry?" Hermione asked with a curious look on her face.

"I've figured out a way for a television set to be run off of magic!"

Everyone was excited by this point, not because he completed his project but because he was so excited about it, and demanded that he show them how it works.

"It's easy, I figured that the reason stuff wouldn't work at Hogwarts is that Magic is because magic has two states, a light-based state where it acts as a wave and a particle, and a field based state where it acts like an electro-magnetic field.

In this field, electricity is disrupted, but something struck me as odd about this. The human body uses electricity to move muscles and form thoughts. It should technically kill someone to be in such a high field."

There was a bit of unease at this announcement, caused by the fact that nobody except Hermione understood what Harry was saying, but that didn't stop him from continuing.

"The answer is that magical beings, including wizards and witches, use a mixture of magic and electricity instead of just pure electricity. That was also the reason that muggles won't go to Hogwarts, simply because they start to 'short out' if they get too close."

"Harry, that doesn't make sense. The reason that muggles don't go near Hogwarts is because they can't see it. The Ministry has to put a revealing charm on them to get past the repelling wards."

"That's the thing, though! I thought the same thing, but then I tried the spell out. The spell causes the electricity in the muggle body to start using ambient magic in the air, like a wizard or a witch does, and that allows them to see past the ward because they aren't shorting out and seeing what isn't there. That also allows them to be on the property without getting killed."

With that said, Harry cast the spell to allow muggles past the repelling wards onto the television. Hitting the power button, the TV sprung to life.

"It's not plugged into the wall socket, so it is running on the magic in the air, and it still recieves all the channels that are being broadcast. I've also modified it to pick up cable channels from around the world. Right now, this is called the Sci-Fi channel, and it's based in the US."

Ron was in the process of saying 'Bloody Hell' when Ginny sneezed, knocking into Fred and causing him to drop his latest invention, the 'Space Enlarger.' You place the enlarger in a room and it will use it's own magic to expand the room for parties and events. If set right, you can have them last indefinately.

Because the room was already enlarged, however, the device sent out a blast of magic that reacted with the television. The box began to shake, and the last thing Harry heard was a large sucking noise as the world went dark.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harry woke up briefly to the sound of a fight going on, and opened his eyes to see three beautiful women fighting what looked like robots with really big guns instead of arms.

One of the women turned to her right and said, "Sarge we need to get out of here. We can't handle this many Betrayers. Grab the kid and let's get out of here."

A woman, Sarge apparently, nodded and grabbed Harry. Dodging and weaving to escape the flashes coming from the robots, she ran towards a shaft and proceeded to jump. Having no idea what was going on, Harry continued to pretend to be asleep as they were talking about him while flying up the shaft at a high speed.

"Hel, what did voice say about this kid anyway?" 'Sarge' asked.

'Hel' responded with, "I'll explain everything when we get back to the lab. For now, make sure you don't drop him."

"I don't know who he is, but he looks awefully cute." Said a third voice coming from Sarge's right.

After Harry arrived at the Weasely's, but before he started on his television project, he was extremely pale. The only way to get rid of it was to hang around outside, but just sitting there became boring very quickly. Harry started to run around the property, going farther and faster each time, and started to practice some of the things he had read about in his books, like combining martial arts with spell casting. He had an intense workout plan, and he continued this even when he was investigating theories. It was a common site to see Harry doing pushups and saying something along the lines of "energy is conserved, but where does it go?"

Eventually, what little energy Harry had was gone and he blacked out again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When Harry finally came to, he was lying inside some sort of clear plastic tube.

"From what the scanner can detect, he is a 16 year old male. He is in perfect health, except for his eyes. This is also a scar on his forehead that refuses to heal, no matter what I try to do." A man was talking this time, though he was looking at the three familiar women that were fighting earlier.

"Voice, what was so special about this kid?" Hel said, as far as Harry could tell, to herself.

Harry suddenly heard a very low, but very distinct, voice talking to Hel.

"I was scanning level 15 for lifeforms because of rumors of betrayer activity on the floor, when suddenly another figure appeared near the end by the shaft. I don't know how it happened, but there was nobody in the shaft at the time. One second there it was clear, the next there was a person lying on the floor. I sent you to investigate, incase it was just a scanner glitch, and as you could see the Bailies sent a team to investigate as well." said the voice.

One of the things he had forced himself to study was Legilimency because of what had happened to Sirius. If someone knows how to penetrate another person's mind, it helps with trying to defend against such an attack. Eventually, probably because of his motivation, he was able to read unprotected minds without even looking into the eyes.

Dumbledore had the same ability, as did Voldemort, and was another side of his being "marked as his equal." Parseltounge wasn't the only thing transferred.

"That's odd, we'll just have to wait and see what is going on. Mauser, make sure the containment field is up. We don't want our 'guest' getting away without telling us his unexpected arrival."

As soon as the words were out of Hel's mouth, alarms started blaring and a ripple appeared by the door.

"Mauser, activate the perimeter defenses. Sarge and Cleo, get the boy behind some cover and then get ready for a fight. We can't let them reach him before we find out what they want with him." This was shouted while Hel was moving towards the doors.

Sarge and Cleo dragged Harry, still pretending to be asleep, off of the gurney and placed him behind some boxes. What they didn't notice, and what eventually saved their lifes, was the odd stick of wood in a holster on his arm.

With a loud bang as the 'door' gave way, five robots, the ones from before, entered and started firing.

Sarge dove to the left, did a backflip to avoid a laser, and jumped behind some equipment. Cleo was crouched beside Harry, trying to look out without getting shot at.

Hel was doing flipping and ducking and dodging and weaving in an effort to escape the lasers, all the while returning the favor, but it seemed to be pointless. For every one beam she dodged, two more would hit her from the rest of the robots.

Hel shouted "My shields won't hold much longer, we have to do something!" and with a final crack her shields fell. The robots were about to blast Hel away when Harry finally decided to stop pretending.

As the robots we firing, Harry chanted "Aperio" to himself quietly. Silently, something that took a lot of practice, he appeared behind Hel. With the lasers heading straight for them, Harry shouted "Protego" and a shield formed around them.

Hel jumped once she heard the shout, and instantly went on the defensive. Sarge was startled at the sudden appearance, and Cleo did a double-take. Everyone was preparing to fire their weapons again, this time at Harry, when he decided to make an offer.

"I don't think shooting at me would be such a good idea, so I'll ask you to kindly get the bloody hell out of here."

The response Harry got from the robots was more laser fire, though Hel and Sarge had simply taken cover. It was the last thing the robots would ever do.

Deciding he had to end this quickly, before someone got hurt, Harry started to chant in Parseltounge, and a line of symbols began circling around his head, increasing it's pace as he started chanting faster and faster. With a final burst of magic he shouted the words, "Asharmi Trapshy" and a giant flash of light and burst of sound followed.

There was nothing left of the robots. Nothing.


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was an hour later that Harry finally spoke.

"Ok so let me get this straight. The year is 2525, and everybody was driven underground into this tunnel system. Bailies, these giant flying robots, are fighting a war against us and trying to wipe humanity out. Betrayers, robots shaped like humans and implanted with their memories, are infiltrating the underground and trying to kill the rest of the resistance. Cleo was cryogenically frozen in 2001 and you guys thawed her out, after taking a kidney because Sarge had been hit by a betrayer. Does that sound about right?"

Harry was more than a little upset to learn he had apparently traveled through time into the future, though since Voldemort wasn't there it was a good sign that at least something had killed him and he hadn't achieved immortality.

It was Sarge who decided to simply cut to the chase.

"Right. What we want to know is how the heck are you able to suddenly appear like that? That's like nothing we've ever seen before."

After looking at the eager faces of his new friends, he decided it would be wrong not to tell them. After all, they were fighting a war, every little bit helps.



A/N: What do you think? You can tell me in a review, or you can tell me by e-mail. Go to the website in my profile, and head to the "about" section. My e-mail will be on the bottom.
Sign up to rate and review this story