Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Bones

1. Getting Started

by Cucumber 10 reviews

What was I saying? I was giving up on guys, remember. I hit myself on the forehead before dragging myself into the bathroom. But looking sexy never hurt anyone and it didn't necessarily mean I was ...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-27 - Updated: 2006-12-27 - 1243 words

1Moving
Title: Bones
Author: Heidi
Chapter: 1
Rating: PG-13

What the fuck is wrong with me? I'm all alone - again. 3rd time this year! I'm just giving up relationships all-together. Who needs men anyways? It's not like I really need a man to have kids or anything, I can just pop into the next sperm-donation bank. But that would be a risk, considering I haven't got a clue what the dad might look like and I don't want a hideous looking child.

I'm 20 years old. I'm 5"7 and I've forgotten my natural hair color. Okay, not really, but I think everyone else has, right now it's red. I've been told I look hot. I've been told I'm fun to hang out with and that I'm amazing in bed. I've also been told that I have a beautiful personality.

Then why can't I hold onto a boyfriend for more then two months?

Fuck it. I'm just gonna call my best mate and we're getting wasted. I don't care if she's a straight edge or whatever. That just means I have a ride home! And then there's this party some girl is throwing. To bad I forgot her name, but maybe my mate will remember.

I'm just talking crap here and I totally forgot to tell you my name. I suppose that would be the least I could do, considering that you are taking your precious time reading my rant.

My name is Amanda and I live in America. Anything else you need to know? I'm not telling more now, but I'm sure you'll find out more while reading this ramble of mine.

I nearly jumped out of my skin when my mobile started vibrating in my pocket. I've had it for years, but it always surprises me when it rings. I'm always getting phone calls, don't get me wrong, but having it vibrating in my skinny jeans pocket has started some feelings down there that I'm not gonna go further into.

I somehow managed to fish the mobile out and answer it. I hadn't even checked who the hell was calling me, but of course I should have.

"Amanda!" I held the phone a little bit away from my ear when I heard someone screaming my name through the phone. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes, perfectly. But you can lower your voice."

There was a huff on the other line. Oops, did I offend her?

"Whatever. Busy tonight?" Yeah, hanging out with the non-existing boyfriend. "I mean, you don't have plans with Daniel or anything?"

Great, rub it in. I broke up with that dude six months ago.

"No, he and I broke up way back."

"Oh, right. Just kidding. I really meant Dave."

Him. The cheating bastard that just was in it for sex. Not that I was complaining, a lot.

"Nope, he and I are done."

"Fantastic. Did you know he was cheating on you with Olivia?"

I sighed. I knew, everyone knew, what was the f*cking deal?

"Why are you calling?"

"Because I have the perfect plan for tonight!"

"I am NOT going bowling."

There was laughter on the other line.

"Just because I beat you that one time." It was actually more like three times. "Anyway, Laura is throwing this huge party and some huge band is playing."

"Really. Huge in what way?"

"I don't know height wise, but they've been on MTV and everything."

Go figure. MTV does not rock my socks, well, most of the time it doesn't.

"One hit wonder then?"

"Oh no. MUCH better. They've been everywhere!"

"Don't keep me guessing. What huge band is that?"

She hesitated.

"I ... erm. I kind of forgot their name."

I couldn't help laughing.

"You know all that shit, but you haven't got a clue what they are called?"

"I know what they are called, it starts with a B. Or a P. Possibly a D. I don't know okay! I'm just repeating what I was told."

I laughed even harder. She was even more in the dark then I was.

"Don't tell me she's bringing the Pussycat Dolls."

"No, it's some guy band."

"A boy band? I'm not going to a party that has a boy band playing."

"They are boys in a band. But they play instruments!"

That just makes it a lot better, not. Boy bands always look hot, boys in a band isn't always a good mixture, if you get what I'm saying.

"Screw the instruments. I might come. Is she serving alcohol?"

"She might be. I'm not sure, I just met her at the mall and she was in a hurry."

Hang on, she went to the mall and didn't invite me?

"I was with my mom so she didn't say."

Of course. Mom's the dearest.

"If you're willing to pick me up and drive me home afterwards, sure. Not like I can be anywhere else."

"Okay. Go and take a shower. I'll pick you up at 8 and we can grab some food on the way!"

Could she smell me through the phone?

"Alright, bye."

I hung up and threw the mobile on the bed. I let out a sigh. I had to pull myself together. Moping was not an option. Maybe I should hook up with a guy tonight...

What was I saying? I was giving up on guys, remember. I hit myself on the forehead before dragging myself into the bathroom. But looking sexy never hurt anyone and it didn't necessarily mean I was aiming for anything.

But I really, really, wanted to get laid.

Maybe I should where the mini and the slutty tank top then. Or should I stick with jeans and the barely there top?

Why did I have so many clothes? Why did I love shopping so much?

I decided to wear the jeans, the barely there top and high heels. Me, slutty? Never.

What a prefect timing. As soon as I made my way downstairs there was a honk outside the house. She was here. I waved my parents, grabbed my wallet and left. I was going to have fun tonight, it didn't matter what anyone else said. But my mate did look at me like I was from another planet when I got into her car.

I never told you her name, did I? Well, it's Eva.

"Who are you and what did you do to my Amanda?"

"The other Amanda took a little holiday. This Amanda doesn't want relationships."

She just stared at me.

"Are you on something?"

Okay, let's get one thing straight. I don't do drugs. I never have and I most definitely don't need them. I just like being hyper. Sugar does that to me a lot. I stared at her back.

"What? Aren't we going to a party?"

"Have you started drinking?"

I cracked up. She's unbelievable.

"Nope, just really glad I've decided to get boys out of my system."

"Are you becoming a lesbian?"

The confused look on her face was priceless.

"No, I'm not turning into a lesbian. I'm just taking a break from relationships for awhile."

She just shook her head as we pulled into the parking lot at a hamburger joint.

"You will so have forgotten all about that later tonight when you're making out with some hot guy."

"No, I'm sticking to this."

"Yeah right."

"No, really, I am."

I was planning on at least. I just happened to be one of those that never do what they say.
Sign up to rate and review this story