Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Bones

2. This Is No Disco Band

by Cucumber 7 reviews

I like this music, but I didn't recognize it at all. That's when I heard the lead singer's voice (I think it's the lead singer, considering that he's the one actually singing).

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-28 - 1220 words

1Funny
Title: Bones
Author: Heidi
Chapter: 2
Rating: PG-13

The place was packed. Apparently the word about the HUGE band had spread out, but people weren't agreeing on what band exactly was playing. I had heard so many suggestions, but for some reason a band whose name didn't ring any bells kept popping up. I mean, I never knew Laura liked disco music so she'd hardly have a disco band performing.

I was already on my 3rd beer (she was just serving small cans) when the band had sat up and were ready to start playing. It didn't sound like a disco band after all, but I didn't care. I had beer and that was satisfying me.

But when I realized I was all alone in the kitchen, you know, THE hang out place at a party, I reconsidered my position. I had showered, so I was most definitely NOT stinking. I wasn't rambling that much, but I had drunk some liquor, so maybe I wasn't the best person to be judging that.

I jumped off the kitchen counter and headed towards the huge living room at Laura's mansion. I was certain they bathed in money. Apparently that's were everyone were hanging. I let the music and, unfortunately, the sweat wash over me.

I like this music, but I didn't recognize it at all. That's when I heard the lead singer's voice (I think it's the lead singer, considering that he's the one actually singing).

I dropped my can and felt my heart start to race. If it was a cartoon, my heart would have jumped out.

I knew that voice.

I looked up at the stage, but even though I am considered tall, I couldn't see it because the bastards there are all like 10 feet or something.

Someone grabbed my arm and started to yell in my ear.

"Amanda! Panic at the disco are playing!"

Who?

Eva was jumping up and down in excitement. If she was that interested in this band, why had I never heard of it before? I mean, I already knew all Fall Out Boy songs because she was always playing them.

She must have seen my confused look because she sighed before yelling again.

"THE FUCK SONG!"

Unfortunately for her, the place went dead quiet since they had just finished a song. Her face went bright red and I laughed.

The fuck song, if you're wondering, is called so because someone sent it to her and we had no idea who performed it or what it was called. And since it had the word fuck in it, it became The Fuck Song.

Silly maybe, but we are silly girls.

And then they started to play it. The Fuck Song. It was even sexier live then on the record. So that's why I recognized the voice. That's one sexy voice.

So the dude must be hideous. No one is that blessed.

I don't like crowded areas so I just moved back into the kitchen. That's were all the beer was and I could still hear the music. And since I had already dropped my can I needed a new, cold one.

Just my luck. Dave and Olivia were making out in front of the fridge. The one that kept all the beer. There were plenty of bedrooms here, make out there.

Me, jealous? Because of a slut? In your dreams.

Okay, maybe I was a little bitter. But the guy had dumped me just yesterday evening. After we got it on in the backseat of his car. That's one thing I'm never doing again.

I wasn't in the mood for pushing them away so I joined the guys by the kitchen table. They had shots. I like shots. And I love drinking games.

But I hate 'I have never'. Because I always have.

I had drunken quite a lot when the kitchen all of a sudden became really crowded. Did all the girls get thirsty all of a sudden? As long as no one took my shot glass away and we kept playing the game (we had stopped playing 'I have never', some of us always drank and it wasn't fun anymore so we were playing with cards instead).

Two guys I had never seen before sat down at the table, shot glasses in their hands. I eyed them. Who were their lucky girlfriends?

"Mind if we join you guys?"

There was a murmur of consent around the table. The more the merrier someone said. The girls lined themselves around the table. Since I was the only one actually sitting down I felt like they were invading.

Without talking to me it was decided to play 'I have never' again. The newcomers felt a little bit uncomfortable, it was really obvious they didn't like the crowd of girls.

"Alright, anyone's not playing, please leave."

The guys all looked at me before nodding there heads. So I did make sense even if I was tipsy.

"She's right. If you're not joining, leave."

One guy smirked.

"But since all seats are occupied, everyone should leave."

The girls huffed and all except 5 actually left.

"Amanda, since you're the only girl playing, you can start."

They are always so lovely. Okay, what could I ask? They all looked at me while I thought up something good.

"I've got one. I've never ... had sex."

Everyone at the table drank. Great, then I had nice selection of 'experienced' men. But I wasn't taking anyone home. I was done with guys, for now.

I felt a pair of hands wrap themselves around my neck and a breath on my ear. It tickled.

"What are you doing Amanda?"

Oh, Eva. Of course she had to interrupt me.

"I'm drinking. We're playing a game. Wanna join us?"

She shook her head. Oh right, she doesn't drink.

"I thought you were quitting with guys."

"We're just drinking!

Okay, so maybe I had dragged guys home after playing games in a party, you know, couple of times.

She squealed in my ear when she saw the two guys who I still had no idea who were.

"Oh. My. God. You're playing a drinking game with the guys from Panic!"

"From what?"

This caused the guys sitting next to me to laugh.

"Amanda, are you telling me you don't know these guys?"

I looked at Ray, the guy sitting next to me.

"Why is everyone making such big deal because I happen not to know what everyone is talking about?"

The two guys chuckled.

"Our fault, we did forget to introduce ourselves. I'm Brendon and he's Jon. We have a small role in the band Panic! At the Disco."

Eva leaned on to whisper in my ear.

"He's the singer."

Oh. Wow. He had a sexy voice and he looked drop dead gorgeous? He had to have some personality flaws.

Not that I was ever finding out, I was giving up on guys.

But I might postpone that break for a while.

"Okay, let's keep on with the game. I have never had a platinum selling album."

I reached out for my glass, but put it back down, sighing.

"Hang on, did we finally find something that Amanda hasn't done?"

If the glass had not been filled with liquid I would have thrown it at him. What a jerk.
Sign up to rate and review this story