Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Mighty Morphin Power Rangers VS the Transformers

Prologue

by Combaticon_Swindle 0 reviews

What's the first thing Swindle does when he gets his hands on someone else's weapons? Sells them to the highest bidder of course. Crossover with MMPR

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 1757 words

0Unrated
Author's notes: This fic is inspired by a TF vs PR discussion on a message board. I started to wonder, just what would happen if the Transformers did get into a fight with the Power Rangers.

I've tried to create a universe where the Power Rangers and the Transformers co-exist, so this will have to be AU for both, but I'm going to try and be as loyal to the continuity of both as possible for the senario I've created.

and of course, I am not Saban, I am not Disney, I am not Hasbro. I do not own Power Rangers or Transformers.


Prologue
**

A yellow military jeep bounced along the uneven terrain of the desert, a long black box bouncing in it's back seat along with it. Many miles of civilization had been put behind the jeep. It's destination: The middle of nowhere. The absence of people made it much easier for the jeep to travel. This way there was nobody wondering why the vehicle had no driver. The vehicle had no driver of course, because it was a sentient transforming robot who was on his way to meet with a potential business partner. The agreed upon coordinates were just over the next sand dune. He only hoped that he could traverse this small distance without overturning...again.

He managed the last dune masterfully in his opinion, putting himself in park next to a large purple train.

"About time you got here, Swindle." His companion muttered as if he had been parked for an hour. Swindle was only five minutes late. Sarcastic remarks came to mind, but he held them back. After all, bickering was no way to begin a business proposition.

"Sorry, just got a little held up at the base is all." Swindle apologized and transformed. Astrotrain followed suit, crossing his arms when he had them available.

"Well, what is it you wanted to talk to me about?" Astrotrain wanted to find out quickly if he had wasted his time in coming here. One never could tell with Swindle. He could be entering into a deal that would supply him with energon for months...or into a deal that would leave him looking down the end of Megatron's fusion cannon.

"It's nothing big really. I just...need a ride." Swindle smiled. A smile that he thought would convey something to the effect of 'Trust me. It really is as simple as it sounds.'

"A ride?" Astrotrain was confused. "Where?"

"The moon."

"The moon!? What's up there that you would possibly want?"

"Clients...potentially anyway. If the deal goes down, it could make me a very rich Decepticon. And you would get a considerable cut for your trouble. If I don't make the deal, you still get paid just for the effort.

There was a moment of silence as Astrotrain considered the situation. He strained for a moment to remember if there was anything on the moon that would catch Swindle's interest. He remembered on occasion seeing a palace there, and remembered that a couple of fleshlings were supposed to be trying to conquer the planet or something. The details were vague in his mind, and not at all important. Lately Megatron's attentions had been held more by Cybertron than by Earth, so no mind was paid to the invaders as long as he was able to collect the energon he needed.

"Why didn't you ask Blast-Off?" Astrotrain was beginning to feel uneasy and considered backing out right then. Only the money kept him talking any longer.

"I did, but he was busy. Onslaught had a mission for him." Swindle assured smoothly. In reality, he had indeed approached his fellow Combaticon with the prospect...or at least he had tried. However Blast-Off had informed him that he 'didn't want any part of Swindle's dirty business dealings' before Swindle even had the chance to explain.

After being scorned by his teammate, Swindle had been worried that he might miss out on the biggest business deal since coming to Earth simply because he couldn't get a ride. Then he realized that he wasn't completely out of luck. Blast-Off wasn't the only space faring Decepticon with room enough to transport him after all.

"What's the cargo?" Astrotrain decided he would see what information he could obtain, then use his best judgment. "I refuse to go anywhere unless I know what you're having me transport up there."

"Uh...How about double your payment?"

It was then that his better judgment told him to tell Swindle to slag off...maybe even go to Megatron and let him know that the Combaticon was up to something... Alas it was also that moment that his better judgment was just paid off and told to be quiet.

"Fine." Astrotrain agreed. "Climb aboard."

**

Friday afternoon brought a large crowd of patrons to Ernie's juice bar, all wanting to celebrate the end of the school week. Plans for the weekend, assignments for school, what movies had already been seen, current events and many other topics of conversation filled the establishment, giving it a relaxed and fun atmosphere. When five teens entered the juice bar they hovered in the doorway to scan the room, momentarily concerned that there would be no place left to sit. Kimberly soon brightened, spotting no less than seven open chairs at the bar itself.

They chatted happily among themselves for a moment. Ernie was busy trying to keep up with the orders of so many people that they knew it would be a moment before they were attended to. They settled in for the wait without concern, Jason discussing his writing assignment with the others, looking for topic ideas. Ernie had been running the juice bar for far too long to be cowed by a Friday afternoon rush however, and was in front of the group with a warm greeting and wanting to know what they wanted long before they had expected him.

"So guys, what'll it be?" He asked, leaning across the bar to hear them better over the noise of the room.

"Strawberry-banana smoothie for me." Kim decided without hesitation.

"Mango." Trini said.

"Mm, I think..."

"Hey, how about some service over here?" Jason looked to see who had cut him off and found the remaining two seats occupied by Bulk and Skull. Bulk slammed his open palm against the table twice to hold Ernie's attention.

"Come on guys, wait your turn." Ernie chided, shaking his head at their behavior before finishing the group's order.

"Can you believe that?" Bulk complained, shaking his head in disbelief at Ernie's behavior.

"Yeah, really." Skull agreed in a distracted tone.

"I mean we're paying customers here, aren't we?" Bulk continued his complaints as Ernie left to start the smoothies.

"Yup." Skull agreed.

"We deserve more respect than that."

"Yup."

"What makes them so special anyway?" Bulk wanted to know. "I mean what are we, just a couple of losers over here?"

"Yup."

Bulk nodded in a self important way as he imparted his observations, before realizing exactly what his friend's response had been. He glanced back to see Skull's attention held by the small TV sitting on the counter.

"What are you watching?" He asked, irritated that Skull hadn't been paying attention.

"The news."

Bulk watched the news report for a moment, wanting to see what was so enthralling. Reaching across the table, he turned the volume up to see if that would give him a clue.

"...of the alien attack today. Fortunately the Autobots arrived on the scene before anyone was hurt, driving the Decepticons back and saving the experimental new fuel. The mayor officially congratulated those Autobots involved..."

Bulk turned the volume back to it's previous level, his attention lost. He had hoped for a report about their local heroes, the Power Rangers.

"Autobots, huh?" Ernie was leaning against the bar, his attention momentarily held by the report. It was a world news segment, the attack having occurred on the other side of the country.

"Someone should really do something about those Transformers." Bulk offered his opinions up once more.

"Yeah. Someone like the Power Rangers." Skull added. "Send'em back to cyber-metal planet or whatever."

"You all were too young to remember the worst of it." Ernie said, distributing the smoothies he had returned with. "This is the first report of an attack I've seen in a long time. Normally when they're on the news now days it's playing guard duty, a couple of science developments, nothing big anymore. I swear, next time their on TV, it'll be Optimus Prime at a supermarket opening."

As Jason listened to the exchange he recalled a conversation he'd had with Zordon a few months ago. The Transformers had been around since 1984. The events of the war that these giant alien robots had brought to Earth was covered in history class. The Decepticons had appeared out of nowhere, striking out against various locations around the Earth in an attempt to steal energy that they would convert into energon. The Autobots rose to humanity's defense immediately, proving that they were willing to risk their lives in order to protect humanity. The war between them raged for several years until it had seemed that the Autobots had succeeded in driving the Decepticons away from Earth. Attacks were rare and, as far as the news reported, all quickly quelled by the Autobots. The Autobots were welcome friends of Earth's now, always ready to defend against Decepticon attack, or just lend a helping hand where they could.

Jason had talked to Zordon about the Power Rangers joining the fight to drive the Decepticons off the planet. Zordon however had advised against it. As long as the Autobots had the problem in hand, he said that there was no reason for the Power Rangers to interfere. Jason had pressed him then. It was their planet after all, and he felt it was his duty to defend it against the Decepticons just as much as it was against Rita. Finally Zordon had admitted that his concern for the Rangers was at the core of his reasoning. They already had to fight a war for Earth on one front. He was afraid that if they dedicated themselves to this as well, that there would be no life for the Rangers outside of battle. In the end Jason saw that he was right.

By the time Jason turned his thoughts back to the present the topic of conversation had changed, and his Friday was undisturbed by either monster attacks or troubled thoughts.
Sign up to rate and review this story