Categories > TV > Power Rangers > Mighty Morphin Power Rangers VS the Transformers

Chapter 1

by Combaticon_Swindle 0 reviews

Swindle makes his sale and Rita Repulsa starts to make plans for the destruction of the Rangers

Category: Power Rangers - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Jason, Tommy, Other - Published: 2006-12-28 - Updated: 2006-12-29 - 1984 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

The Rangers walking to the juice bar. The Rangers at the juice bar.

Rita Repulsa paced her throne room, racking her brain for some new plan that would get rid of her enemies. She checked her spyglass again, keeping tabs on their activities and whereabouts.

The Rangers leaving the juice bar. Rangers heading to the park. Rangers at the park.

Normally watching them gave her ideas. Taking events from the Ranger's everyday lives and creating nightmarish monsters relating to them was something that she found extremely satisfying. By using this tactic she hoped to create a sense of unease among the teens. It would always be lurking in the back of their mind that perhaps a time of peace or celebration could be warped and twisted into something deadly at Rita's whim.

Rangers leaving the park. Some of the Rangers parting ways. Some walking home together.

Today following their routine produced no insight on something to twist to her uses. Nor had she been able to think of any original plans for a few days. So many of her attempts had ended in failure that it was starting to wear down her confidence. Simply put, she was stressed out and it was giving her a headache.

She checked her spyglass a final time, although not really expecting much to come of it. The Rangers who had lingered to spend more time together were now exchanging their farewells and heading home. The sun was disappearing behind the horizon in their part of the planet, leaving the day to a peaceful end. She shook her head and was about to abandon the telescope for the night when she caught sight of something from the edge of the scope's view. She swung it around to get a better look and saw a large spacecraft heading towards the palace. She stayed with it a moment longer, confirming it's destination before heading across the room.

"Goldar!" Her general answered her summons quickly, awaiting his orders. "A ship is about to land just outside the palace. Go out there. See who they are and what they want."

"At once Empress."

Goldar made his way outside just as the craft touched down on the moon's surface. It was large enough to carry hundreds of soldiers. Enough to overrun the moon palace with ease. The thought of that hopeless scenario sent a wave of fear through him. Fear that no one would ever have the satisfaction of seeing, even if the enemy poured out of the ship with blood lust in their eyes and weapons in their hands. The door opened and a single large figure emerged. It was certainty not what Goldar had expected. A yellow robot...a Transformer if he was not mistaken exited the craft and started towards him. As it neared, Goldar's suspicion was confirmed when he spotted the Decepticon faction symbol on the robot's frame. The ship's door closed and the Transformer started towards him, alone. Or perhaps it only seemed that way. He was not about to take that fact for granted, knowing that these creatures were masters of deception, able to change their forms. Even if there was no one else aboard the ship, he suspected the ship itself had the ability to shift it's form and offer aid to it's comrade. The Decepticon's hand rose in a wave as he neared, a friendly smile on his face. In one hand he carried a long black box.

"What business have you here, Cybertronion?" He demanded, drawing his weapon to halt the robot.

"Business indeed." The robot responded brightly, holding up his black box. "I'm here for a business deal. I've got a couple of weapons in here that I think you're Empress will find very interesting."

Most definitely not what he had expected. Goldar found himself immediately distrustful of the Decepticon salesman. Still, he couldn't turn him away. That would be for Rita to decide. He hesitated a moment, deciding on the best course of action.

"Come on then." Goldar said, pointing towards the Palace with his sword. If this was some kind of rouse, he was confident that he could defeat the robot if it came to that. He kept a close watch on his guest as they made their way to the throne room, stopping him before they entered. He went in first, putting himself between the robot and Rita, planning to stand guard during their exchange.

"Well?" Rita asked, impatiently, glancing towards their visitor. "Who is it?"

"A Cybertronion my queen. A Decepticon who says he has brought a weapon to sell you."

"A weapon, huh?" This time Rita addressed the newcomer. He stepped forward, lifting the box that contained his wares for her to see.

"Yup. My name's Swindle. I have here a weapon I think you will find very useful."

"What's it do?" Rita asked. She seemed irritated at his presence, determined to reject his offer quickly and send him away.

"Well, I hear that you've got a problem with some kind of heroes on Earth. Heroes who pilot giant robots, right?" He continued his sales pitch without waiting for a response. He had researched the client enough to know that he was right. "Well, this weapon is designed to stop any kind of machine in it's tracks. All it'll take is one zap with this weapon, and their robots will be put out of commission."

"Oh?" Rita's interest was perked. "Let me see."

"Null rays." He explained, opening the black box to reveal two long rays nestled in protective foam for transport.

"Exactly how long will the Zords be offline once we hit them with these?"

"Well, it varies from machine to machine...but I'd imagine that once hit, the combined form of the robot will be offline for at least a couple of hours."

Rita grinned, looking down at the weapons greedily. There was definite potential to be had here.

"This is a one of a kind offer too." Swindle explained. "I won't be able to acquire any more to sell after these. They were developed by a scientist in our army who keeps these weapons for himself. I was lucky to cut a deal on those two at all."

"How do we know that they even work?" Goldar was unable to keep himself quiet any longer. This sounded like a scam if he ever heard one.

"You have my word." Swindle promised.

Rita glared up at him. "You think I"m going to buy these without a demonstration?" She asked, insulted.

"Of course not!" Swindle said, smiling. "I wouldn't dream of it. In fact, I insist on a demonstration. What do you have around here that we can use to test it on?" Glancing around, Swindle didn't see much available. The room seemed devoid of machinery.

The only piece of machinery that Rita could easily think of was Finster's monster maker. The palace was sustained by magic rather than technology. The few mechanical instruments they had, she wasn't about to offer up as a test subject in case the rays were faulty.

"Why don't you let us test them on you?" Goldar growled.

"An excellent idea." Rita agreed.

"Uh...well..." Swindle took the box and closed it, thinking silently for a moment before his confident smile returned. "Well that's...not going to be necessary. I brought along a test subject for the rays for just such an occurrence."

Swindle led the two outside, taking out one of the null rays as they went. He hid it behind his back then walked up to the spaceship, waving.

"Astrotrain! I need you to transform." The spaceship shifted and transformed, revealing a Decepticon who stood several heads taller than Swindle.

"What's going on?" He wanted to know.

"Demonstration of the merchandise." Swindle said quickly. Before he reached the end of his sentence he had pulled the nullray from it's hiding spot and fired. Astrotrain had no time to dodge the unexpected blast. It hit him square in the chest and he fell, the ground rumbling slightly with the impact.

"There, works perfectly." Swindle said, smiling at his clients.

"You've got yourself a deal." Rita said, impressed. "How much?"

"For these powerful, one of a kind weapons? I'd say...five hundred energon cubes worth. A special deal, just for you."

"Five hundred energon cubes!" The amount of energy needed to create a single cube was enough to sustain the palace for days. "Make it two hundred."

"I do have other buyers interested you know." Swindle said, putting the null ray back in it's case. "Buyers who I might be able to talk up to seven hundred cubes at least. I just thought that I'd bring the offer to you first."

"Fine, five hundred." Rita conceded unhappily. It was a terribly steep price, but she wasn't about to let those weapons slip away.

"Great. You won't regret it."

"For your sake, you'd better hope not." Rita grumbled, snatching the box from Swindle. She grunted slightly under it's weight and quickly passed it to Goldar. Then she pointed her wand at the Decepticons. In a flash of lightning her magic enveloped them and they disappeared.

Rita turned back towards the castle, Goldar struggled with the large box as he followed her. She made her way to Finster's workshop.

"Finster!" He put down his current project and turned to face Rita when she entered.

"Yes, my Queen?"

"I need a monster to wield those." She pointed to the box as Goldar dropped it to the floor of his workshop, glad to be rid of it's burden. Finster opened the box, examining the rays for a moment, his mind's eye starting to construct a warrior.

"At once my queen. I shall have something ready for you by tomorrow."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For a moment, Swindle was disoriented. One moment he was on the moon, the next he was back in the desert. He remembered Rita's wand and realized that she must have teleported him back here. Handy little trick. Piles of energon lay around him, as well as an unconscious Astrotrain.

He contemplated a moment how to handle his situation. It wouldn't be possible to transport so much energon by himself. So he could either wait for Astrotrain to wake and take advantage of his cargo room...and hope that Astrotrain didn't blast him...or he could contact someone else.

The second option seemed much better. He hailed the Combaticon base, hoping that Onslaught wasn't the one to answer. Luck was with him. Vortex answered his hail.

"Hey, Vortex. I need a lift. Come out to my coordinates, quick. And bring something to transport a large load of energon."

"Load of energon?"

"Yeah, hurry." Swindle cut the transmission before any questions could be asked and waited for his ride, hoping that Astrotrain didn't wake before Vortex arrived. He spent his time counting the cubes, confirming that there were indeed five hundred total. When Vortex arrived, a large cargo transport unit attached to his helicopter mode he loaded the energon as quickly as possible before considering how to handle Astrotrain.

He supposed that he should pay him more for blasting him. On the other hand...Astrotrain had been unconscious when he had completed the deal, meaning that the triple changer had no way to know if Swindle was successful or not. Which meant that he had no way to know just how much Swindle had been paid. Not only that, Swindle reasoned with himself, but he had only had to transport Swindle there...not back. So, he concluded that it would be perfectly fair to leave Astrotrain only half of the price agreed upon, running under the assumption that Swindle had not sold the weapons.

So he ended up leaving a few cubes for his business partner, and left before he had a chance to wake up, feeling quite satisfied with how his trip had ended.
Sign up to rate and review this story