Categories > Anime/Manga > Mai HiME > A Chain-link Wish

Prologue

by fire-senshi 0 reviews

Finally, the Carnival was over. But, little did the ex-HiME know, an organization close to home is working to revive it. What do the Childs *really* represent? And what motive could the organizatio...

Category: Mai HiME - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 339 words

0Unrated
"They're dancing in the shadows like whispers of love
Just dreaming of place where they're free as dove
They've never been allowed to love in this cursed cage
It's only the fairy tale they believe."

-It's Only the Fairy Tale, Alyssa Searrs-


If someone had told me when I was five - practically living in my mother's lab, and proud owner of the World's Greatest Puppy Dhuran, who I took on extended walks in the gardens outside said lab - that I would someday be a dramatic, phyrric heroine; the type of heroine that tries to overcome all odds, defeats the ironically friend-turned-enemy at the sacifice of herself, and open up the portal for the real hero to save the earth from the clutches of some ancient, untold of organization whose roots were buried in the sands of time, I would have to be honest: I probably would have thought it was pretty cool.
But it would only be a fairy tale. And children love fairy tales. It's the mysticism about them; you don't truly understand the emotions. You can't understand the despair, the suffering, the pain, the love. But you sure think that you can and that's why they're heroes, because everything that they do is just in your reach. All of those stories, the soft, sweet sounding lullabies that your parents sing to you at night as you fall asleep: they're shadows of what you could be yourself someday.
Even when my mother felt the impending doom creeping upon her, knew that the double agent work she'd been doingwas going sour, found that this dangerous game she'd been playing would not only seal her child's fate, but her own also, the lullabies continued. It was all that she knew how to do. It was just a shame that listening about all of those fictious curses couldn't teach me how to shake the ones she'd placed on me until it was too late.
Regardless, nobility is not dead. And as for the children, they still want to hear the stories.
Sign up to rate and review this story