Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Perfect

Chapter 009

by pengz 3 reviews

Another death shakes Andie's world as she prepares to see Will again. But something's in the way, what or who is it?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-12-31 - Updated: 2007-01-01 - 2108 words

1Exciting
Thanks to Hottgrl89, tornpantyhose, p_xox_p, romanticchik, XrayPineapple, GreenDayCrazy, Andie Francis, and all the other readers for reading 008. Stay after the show for a short message from yours truly.

Chapter 009

[Play]

"Jamia, put him on the phone."

"I don't think you should challenge him on this one, Andie."

"Did I ask for your goddamn opinion? No, I didn't, so just give him the fucking phone!" I was on my wits end. You see, Grandma Elena passed away barely yesterday and Jamia had told me that the Way family had expressed that they had wanted me to be present for the funeral. Mrs. Way had been very vocal about my attendance, apparently, and had asked Jamia to relay it to me, regardless of my estrangement to her son. But daddy dearest had other plans for me.

"Andie," came my father's gruff voice over the telephone line, "I do not want you to come back her for the funeral. Now, I understand that you and the Way family were quite close before your departure in January, but--"

"No, apparently, you don't," I snapped, unwilling to let him go on. "Because, if you understood, then I would be on the next plane to Jersey as soon as possible."

"I cannot let you do that."

"That's what you say for everything. 'No, I can't let you blah blah blah!' Sure, it's alright for me pick up firearms and shooting as a 'hobbie', but I can't go to a fucking funeral? Tell me how the fuck that makes any sense!" There was a pause on the line as I caught my breath and readied another wave of fury in my mind.

"Andie, that's my word and it's final. If you so much as make a notion to get on a plane, I will know and you will not make it over here." The firmness in his tone made me hush and swallow the angry argument I was about to make. "It's still very dangerous here and that gun and those skills are for your own protection. It's simple and you already know all of this."

"But, it's the last time I'll see her..." I said, barely above a whisper.

Dad sighed sympathetically, "I'm sorry, Andie, I really am. If the situation were any different, you would be on the next plane back. I'll send, flowers on your behalf, if you want?" I said something in agreement and hung up, not bothering to get Jamia on the phone again.

It was all so very sudden and harsh. Mikey and Gerard had been out touring with the rest in the very van that Grandma Elena had bought them when they were told by phone and were very devastated, immediately canceling the rest of their tour to come home. I honestly wanted to be there, being that Grandma Elena had been so kind and caring towards me. She had had an inkling that my family life wasn't all that great at the time and always led her family in welcoming me as one of their own, especially around the holidays. And now she was gone.

I drew my legs up to my chest and stared vacantly out the window. I felt homesick for New Jersey. Make no mistake, I have made a good home here with gramps, Ati, and everyone, but I still feel disconnected from every person around me. No one knows where nor whom I come from. Nothing about my past come up, entirely because I deter from that subject as much as possible. No one knows that I could potentially be dangerous or that I could leave without so much as a clue to where I've gone off to. No one knows and it's very difficult to not be able to confide in anybody about...anything.

On the verge of tears, I bowed my head never feeling as lonesome as I did now. I thought of Will and, if I developed a closer relationship with him, how I would be endangering him and my long held secret. I thought about Mikey and realized that it was inevitable that we would split up or that one of us would be killed if we stayed together any longer. Then I thought about my mother and, because she married into this family, her cold-blooded murder. Is this my future? The crime, the brutal killings, the relentless pursuit of those who want to kill you? I was fully crying when I heard the door of my bedroom creak open. Looking up, I saw Atiana rushing to comfort me. And when she did, when her arms enfolded me, I felt safe; like I could tell her anything and it would be alright if I did.

[Fast-Forward]

"...is that everything?"

I nodded, "Everything."

Ati remained silent for a few moments before, "Wooooooowwwww."

"That's all you have to say?" I giggled because her everpresent expression of excitement.

"Oh, I meant, wooooooooooooooowwwwwww!", she exaggerated the last word still smiling as though I had not told her my family was in the killing business. "I don't think that changes anything."

I stared at her, dumbfounded. "What do you mean by that...?"

"I mean that I don't care that you have some emotional baggage or skeletons in your closet. I mean, I'm sympathetic and understanding of you since you're one of my best friends. But, I'm not going to alienate you because you're a little wacky. Besides," she sighed, grinning as she pinched my cheek, "if it wasn't for your family troubles and ex-bf issues, then you wouldn't have moved here and I would never know of a gal who wasn't creeped out by centipeeds crawling all over her hands."

[Fast-Forward]

In the days that followed tha sad news of Grandma Elena's passing, Atiana greatly lifted my spirits with her cheerful company (She always made a point to stay over after her piano lessons or invite me over to her house for dinner so as to keep me from going insane, I suspect). Nonetheless, I wrote the Way family a brief yet sincere letter of condolence, along with my personal apology of my absence from the funeral. After the delivery of it, Jamia called to say how the service went; told me it was very touching to hear Gerard and Mikey's eulogies were.

Yet, even in the wake of such a sudden loss, the world continued to revolve around the sun. My Chemical Romance, according to Frank, was on their way to an L.A. studio to record their second album, the first under Reprise Records with whom they recently signed. Aiden was coming home for the holidays and woud stay until the end of January before doing some festivals in Europe. Life was going on and more pressing matters began to attack me, like Will's imminenet arrival which loomed ahead in the calendar.

[Play]

"They're back!" Ati screeched into the phone one mid-December morning.

I didn't understand wy she still felt the need to call me when I could hear her loud and clear from down the street. All the same I dropped my laundry back into the basket and rushed out my front door to greet the guys. In my haste I failed to register that Will was already on my stoop, and bowled him over sending us both to the ground on impact.

"Well, if I could get you on top of me after five months on the road, think of what I could to with a few more." Will said snidely.

I smacked him playfully on the arm. "I'm not that easy mister rock star."

As we walked back to Ati's abode and started a barbeque in tha backyard with the others, tales of numerous misadventure spilled out from each band member, plus Troy.

"... so this girl tells me I should start my own band and stop being a merch guy for 'crappy ass' Aiden." Troy said, "And I was like, 'Back of the line, bitch!' " His clever punchline was met with uproarious laughter from all around.

The banter continued on well into the night until everyone decided it was high time to be getting back to their respective residences. Will, unsurprisingly, accompanied me on my short trek back to my home.

"You wanna come in for some coffee?" I asked just steps before my door.

"Yeah, sounds good." But he looked like he was miles away, apparently thinking hard about something.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I said as I placed two mugs of coffee before us.

This seemed to shake Will back into the present where we sat on my cushy living room sofa. "Oh," he shrugged. "I was just thinking..." He paused stirring his coffee absentmindedly with his spoon as I sipped my own quietly.

"What about?"

"You."

I was surprised at how ready his reply was. "Me?"

Will gave a small laugh before fixing me with a smoldering gaze. "Do you see anyone more amazing than you sitting next to me?" How my insides melted like the sugar in my coffee had but I simply shook my head shyly. "I was think about you and me, to be more exact." And there it was the moment just like in the movies, right when the guy makes his move to kiss his leading lady. This time we weren't going to be interrupted by the other character of the film.

His face moved closer to mine and I instinctively closed my eyes, falling head-over-heels into the moment. When his lips finally met mine I felt the butterflies in my stomach turn into fireworks, exploding from all the excitement. Then it stopped. I had subconsciously pulled back as the little voice saying "Don't do it." began to scream with the annoyance of an emergency alarm. I opened my eyes to see Will farther away, looking embarrassed.

"Will--"

"I-I'm sorry, Andie, I shouldn't have done that." He stammered, suddenly rising and placing his cup on the table. "I have to go." He had reached the door before I could make my jelly-legs obey my commands to move.

"Wait!" My fingertips brushed the back of his jacket before my arm fell back to my side. He had stopped but did not turn to look at me. "I just... It's not..." I couldn't grasp an explanation that would justify what I did, but thankfully I didn't have to because Will saved the day, like usually did.

He finally turned sensing my distress. "I understand."

"But I didn't even-"

"No, I should have noticed you were uncomfortable after I said I was thinking about you."

And even though that definitely was not the case, I let him believe that. I had no plans on telling him about how my last relationship ended up in flames or about my other life, so it was for the best. "I just have to sort some things out in my head." I said, hoping he'd bite.

Will smiled kindly at me before enveloping me in a warm embrace. "And I'll be here for you, no matter what."

And as he walked back down the street to his yellow pinto I felt my heart tear again. I was back to square one. My legs failed me as soon as I closed the door, no longer be able to stand all the emotions coursing through me. The real reason soon became evident as one very simple phrase left my lips in a pain filled hiss, "Dammit, Mikey."

He was one of the chief reasons I needed to move on and the same cause for my utter failure at it. I felt so stupid for thinking that I ever could. Despite all his faults and shortcomings, I still had feelings for him. But I was starting to get close to Will and endangering him at the same time. Then I wronged both of them; leaving Mikey with no personal explanation and lying to Will while tied up with the first one. It was a just a blur. A big, emotional, chaotic, mind-numbing blur.

One fact remained, if things escalate, I would be screwing all three of us over.

----xxx----

Ayeee, Happy New Year everyone! I'm from Cali so I'm probably still in the old year whilst everyone is gazing at the new year ahead. Anywhoo. That's the last chapter...of this year! More mishaps and adventures to come.

I'd also like to take a minute to say that it's been officially one year since I posted my first MCR fanfiction and one year since my dreams of writing, albeit fanfiction, came true. I hope this next year finds prosperity and many good times for all of you.

31 December 2006/ 1146p
Sign up to rate and review this story