Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Perfect

Chapter 010

by pengz 2 reviews

It's finality.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-30 - Updated: 2007-01-30 - 1660 words

0Unrated
Thanks to everyone who read last chapter!

I bombed my semester exams so all that studying time I did instead of having fun with writing Perfect was wasted. I'm never studying again, ever. EVER. :) On with the show, shall we?

Chapter 010

[Fast-Forward]

If I had a personal assistant, I'd ask her what the hell I was doing here of all places, on this nights of all nights. But no personal assistant nor close friend was about to give me such information. Therefore I decided to grind out my frustrations and figure out my reasoning as I paced along the sidewalk. One thing's for sure; it was going to be a long night.

[Play]

I watched as the line snaking itself into the El Corazon dissipated. On one hand I was happy so many people had showed up, on the other I was close to barf-bag sick just thinking about which band these people had come tonight to see. My conscience battled many aspects of my mind as I loitered outside the venue. I had bought a ticket to go and see the show, of course, but now it was a question if I even wanted to see the said band I had previously intended to. If not then I'd have wasted both my time and money. If I were to go in then I'd be risking some serious sanity points. Mikey was in there. Seeing him could do strange things to me. Our potential union was another matter--it could be joyously awkward or bitterly cold.

But nothing seemed to matter more than my sanity at this point for the ball was in my court. All Mikey knew was that I lived somewhere in Washington state and could probably care less as to whether or not I ever spoke to him again. I, however, had the ball in my court, my move, my sanity on the edge of a cliff.

"Forget it," I breathed as I turned my heel and began walking away, nothing this unforecastable could be worth my said sanity. I held my head down against the spring's evening chill and kept a brisk pace back to my car, not seeing the obstacle ahead.

Without warning I ran into something very solid and landed, with a resounding "Oof!", on my ass.

"Shit, I'm sorry!" someone gasped as he held out a pale hand to help me up. I took it as I glanced about the ground to see if I had dropped anything.

"It's all good", I said, brushing my jacket of any debris, "I just wasn't watching where I was going..." My speech failed me as soon as I saw who I had literally bumped into.

"Oh, Christ." Was all that Michael James Way uttered promptly before dropping his bottle of liquor so that it landed in a wet, broken clutter on the cement.

"What are you doing here?" We said at the same time.

"I'm on tour."

"I live around here.'

We glared hard at each other for a bit, both simply livid about the other's very valid excuse.

"Why did you have a bottle of, "I sniffed the odor rising from the pavement, tequila?"

"Good question." His expression was as defiant and unwavering as mine

"I'd like an answer." I snapped.

"Why do you care?" Mikey said with a sneer.

"Jamia told me you quit after I left Jersey."

"I did, not because of you, though."

I scoffed even though I was hurt my the abrasive tones he used on me. "Then why the tequila?"

"Some guys in the other band wanted some so I went out and got it for them." He scowled, "Happy?"

I remained silent for a moment, not knowing what to say at this point. I mean, honestly, what does a girl say to her abusive ex-boyfriend when she runs into him on the street? 'Hey, how are ya? Beat up any more girls lately?' Luckily he broke the silence before I had to say anything.

"Look, Andie, I've been wanting to talk to you about what happened." His face was painted in a less aggressive way now. "I know you probably want to also."

I shrugged, crossing my arms over my chest, wanting to appear nonchalant about the subject. "I don't think you'll have time in you evening schedule to go over that atrocity our relationship was." The words didn't come out harshly, but bitterly, making Mikey shift uncomfortably from one foot to the other.

"Well, I do have time because we aren't doing our set tonight." He said in a low voice. "Gerard lost his voice, can't sing."

I regarded him for a moment, weighing my options. Here, I could sort things out with Mikey and definitely bring up pain filled memories. Or I could avoid the whole ordeal with a simple but solid, 'No.'

[Fast-Forward]

You know me. I try to live my life without regrets. So you shouldn't be surprised that fifteen minutes later found me and Mikes at Fat Dodgeson's. I decided that, since I had conflicting feelings (By that I mean I miss him and still nurse a part of my heart for him but still hold him accountable to what he did to me) for him, we'd attempt to talk it and see where we went from there.

[Play]

We settled into the regular order of burgers and fries and sort of danced around the subject for a while. But the air was thick with pent-up tension so I decided to go for the kill.

"You know why I left, right?"

"Yeah, but it still doesn't change that you did."

"are you saying that I should have stayed with you? And all the shit that was happening between us?"

"I would have changed!" Mikey answered indignantly.

"Doubtful." I scoffed.

"You're not helping this along at all, Andie"

"Whatever. Even if things were normal between us, I still would have had to leave and you know that."

Mikey rolled his eyes, "You wouldn't have let that happen! You've always been headstrong and you do things your way especially when it comes to your dad. Besides that, you're legal, he has no bearing on you."

"My father is a maf-" I lowered my voice as I noticed people staring opening at our little display. "You know what my father is, what I am, that changes everything."

"So it didn't matter that I loved you?"

[Pause]

Yeah, he said loved. Meaning he doesn't love me anymore. Crap. Ape-shit. Fuck, fuck, fuck the dumb shit. He doesn't feel for me anymore. Quick pretend you didn't notice that and-and-and GAH!

[Play]

"Mikey..." I was at a loss for words. There was nothing to say anymore.

"Don't. I came here to apologize, Andie. And, yes, I did know you were here. I found your number in Jamia's cell phone and tracked it down to Seattle, Washington. I made sure we played El Corazon with Avenged so I could tell you this," he looked into my eyes, the first part about him I fell head over heels for, "I'm sorry. It'll never be enough, but I'm saying it now before I might never again get a chance to. I'm really sorry...for everything."

I sat there. The scene before me was so surreal. Having dinner with Mikey who was now apologizing. It was nutters to even fathom this before, but no, here it was in full color, being played out for me. The only part missing was that Mikey wasn't suggesting we'd get back together, he had already made it clear that he indeed loved me, once upon a happier time.

"I'm sorry, too. I should have at least did something to ease my leaving Jersey," I said softly as a squeezed his hand on the table top. He smiled like I had seen him do in times before now, I was his smile that made me do it. Either that or my hormones were all out of wack. Whatever it was made me kiss him. No, it wasn't all "hubba hubba" and fireworks, but more of a goodbye kiss. It was finality.

[Play], Mikey

As she drove away from the El Corazon I felt a little bit of everything. The exciting tingle of my lips because she had kissed me. A self-loathing for letting her get away again. A deep-seated resentment for the lucky bastard who she'd love next. What else? Disappointment that all she wanted was a definite end to us. She obviously wanted to be with someone else.

I was tempted to undo a good year's worth of AA, but I passed the opportunity thinking that it would make me do stupid shit Andie would have been ashamed of. After all, she was the reason I quit, despite what I told her previously. Back at the venue the guys from Avenged were getting pretty crazy; they were done with their set and were already getting wasted.

"Mikey, we're gonna get so crazy-status over the summer!" Syn Gates slurred as he leaned onto me for support hours later.

"Why's that?" I asked, mildly confused. As far as I knew our tour with them ended in May.

"Warped Tour, baby!" Johnny Christ finished with a whoop, also very inebriated. "We all just got the call!"

---*---

I know, I know, it sounds like it's the bitter end, but it's not. Nope. We have a few more chapters and plot twists to go. I think it's just about to start getting crazy. Expect POV's from more characters now as opposed to just Andie

I'd like to just take a moment to ask you guys to add me on myspace and say a quick hello. I've got a Seven Deadly Sins thing going on there in my blog-- and I blog a lot. So if you guys want to participate in that, please do. Also this myspace link I've provided for you here is my personal myspace, not my other one.

30 January 2007//623a
Sign up to rate and review this story