Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Ides of March

Discovering the Waterfront

by SUBZERO91 6 reviews

Mainly just Shane being in Magic School and so far i haven't finished it completely. sorry

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2008-03-09 - 3229 words

4Original
Chapter 2: Discovering the Waterfront

3 years later (Shane age-13)

Magic School

"Hey Shane are you up for a little battle with energy balls as the main weapon?" Asked Wyatt

"Sure. I've nothing better to do might as well." replied Shane

"Alright let's go to Battle Arena 10."

"Should've guessed you'd pick the forest Arena. Ready for another butt-kicking Wyatt."

"Yeah right, this time it's going to be you who's defeated." Exclaimed Wyatt, the two orbing to the Battle Arena

Arriving in the chamber Shane cast a spell, which made an ominous voice count to twenty-one, giving each one enough time to gain some distance away from each other. Shane used the intermission time to construct some walls that he could duck behind, whilst Wyatt decided to use the trees and not bother to make anything at all. By now the voice was at seventeen queuing the two combatants to get ready.

"18,19,20,21." The voice dissipates with red fireworks shooting in the air signaling that they may commence.

Wyatt jumped in the air throwing two energy balls at Shane who countered by jumping in the air shooting three in Wyatt's direction, one hitting Wyatt.

"Come on Wyatt, you should know using the same old trick to start every game mean I'll be ready to counter." Said Shane

"That was just a warm up now it's time to take things up a notch." Exclaimed Wyatt

"Whatever you say." Shane said jumping backwards towards the walls he had constructed earlier. He decided to use mind games creating clones of himself, then telling them to surround Wyatt at some strategic points he had picked out during their intermission. Each disappeared to their assigned points waiting for a few seconds also watching him then striked one by one creating the illusion that he traveled at the speed of light from one point to the next. Although he could he decided to do it this way since to him it used less energy. Wyatt successfully dodged one, unfortunately got hit with the other four giving Shane a total of fifty points and Wyatt zero.

"Come little Wyatt I thought you said to take things up a notch." Taunted Shane

"Err. I'm not the one hiding in the dark using tricks to sic me out." Replied Wyatt not sure if it was a trick or he really could move that fast.

"You should know evil beings whom had any knowledge or powers like me would have killed you by now. Also on knowledge not about you yet about things in general." Said Shane coming into Wyatt's view conjuring a sword and shield "Like combat. Now conjure a sword or call Excalibur personal advice from me would be call Excalibur."

"I don't need Excalibur to beat you." Exclaimed Wyatt conjuring a sword and shield like Shane's.

"Au contra mon amie." Said Shane getting into his stance.

"You'll be eating those words bro'." Said Wyatt doing the same

"Than on the count of three. 1,2." At two Wyatt attacked Shane yet he was ready.

Using his shield knocked Wyatt's sword out of his hand quickly using his struck Wyatt's shield causing him to fly backwards into a tree. Using god-like speed ran to Wyatt who threw his shield hoping to slow him down yet did not count on him hitting it to the side like it was some rag doll. Wyatt then thought of calling his sword yet before he could open his mouth Shane had his sword at his throat which threw out his first thought so he was about to kick him. Before he could move a muscle four daggers are on him each accompanied by a sword.

"Alright you win." Sounded a defeated Wyatt.

"Cheer up Wyatt you'll defeat me someday when you use that brain of yours that should be somewhere in that head." Said Shane knocking on Wyatt's head

"Whatever," Wyatt looked at his watch "It's about time for afternoon potions to start, we should go or else mom we'll be mad at us and possibly ground me again."

"Yeah you go ahead I'll clean up some of the mess." Wyatt orbed while Shane stayed concentrating, speaking an incantation resurrecting the forest to its original form in a matter of seconds than shimmered to his next class.

Potions lab- Teacher: Piper Halliwell

Shane arrived just in time for potions as Piper had just come out of her office that was connected to it.

"Okay class today we will be reviewing for your test over molecular combustion and vanquishing potions that's this Friday." Said Piper writing it down on the blackboard. "So open the notes you took yesterday if you even took them and for those who were absent raise your hand and Shane will give you the notes."

Three people raised there hands so Shane duplicated his three times orbing them to the three people. All said thanks and noticed it was detailed enough that it would be easy to make the potions also that it wasn't pages long like others made theirs in her class.

"First I want all of you to try and make a vanquishing potion once finished tell me so I can get Shane to test the potion. And don't worry class Shane won't be killed because to do that one would need a power of three spell performed by the charmed ones to destroy him. Once it is tested on Shane and it can at least cause some minor pain, you will begin on the molecular combustion potion that will once again be tested on Shane who will along with me decided if it was powerful enough for your grade level." Announced Piper to the class whom started making the first potion immediately.

Within twenty minutes the fastest for the grade level potions were finished yet Shane had already finished both his potions ten minutes ago. So they started testing the potions everyone passed with an A, which they didn't know that it was a quiz yet were very happy when she told them at the end of class.



After class Wyatt and Shane went different ways, Wyatt went to telekinetic orbing while Shane went to pyrokinesis and cytokinesis controlling class headed by an ex-demon named Orin. His classes were held in the west wing of the school were all elemental magic was taught including water, air, and earth magic. Once Shane made it to class the bell had just sounded signaling the beginning of 6th period. The majority of the class was talking about the Christmas ball and holidays that were in next week; the ball was Friday last day of School for this Semester. Suddenly a flame appeared out of nowhere with a human-like shape, the flames slowly dissipated from the forehead to the beings feet than he spoke, "I do hope I'm not interrupting something important, but we really must practice for you upcoming finals that are next week. Today we will be learning and practicing how to make a fireball that can harm a low-level demon and if possible destroy it also on throwing techniques. You may work with a partner but must work and can not talk about nonsense or use a fireball on each other." With that he clap his hands which summoned several dummies they could practice on and he turned around walking to his desk situated at the front of the class watching them like a hawk just in case one tried to attack another to get laugh. To his relieve everyone was well behaved today as a side note he noticed that Shane had already mastered the assignment. Actually it looked like he was just playing around now and was mixing some of them with ice making a blue flame effect causing the dummies to freeze instantly.

"Well Shane sense you already mastered that and went further you may leave class early and do whatever you want, alright as long as you don't get into trouble." Said Professor Orin firmly.

"Understood Professor." Replied Shane leaving the classroom headed toward the Chimaera's common room. He went in, noting that no one was there so proceeded to the boy's dormitory to get some sleep, yet before he even got on his bed he told his pet foxes which were named Artemis and Ares also his Snowy owl named Apollo to wake him for his next class.

Dream Sequence

Shane looked around and appeared to be next to an old, big castle with many people who looked like students or possible teachers. He continued onwards inside the castle, walking around aimlessly from corridor to corridor till he came to one that had a certain pull to it and walks towards it mesmerized by the feeling that pulsates over him. Yet to him one thing was certain whatever it was, was evil to its very core judging by the aura he felt from the room that he was fastly approaching. Once at the door using his demonic and whitelighter powers he tried to pinpoint the origin of the aura. After focusing for a few seconds he could tell it was coming from the teacher, to be precise the turban he was wearing was the epicenter to it. After few minutes he noticed the class was Defense against the Dark Arts, also that the teacher seemed to feel his presence and started advancing onto his location slowly but certainly. So he decided that it was time to make his exit yet not before noting that the students had and emblem that said Hogwarts.

End of Dream Sequence

Suddenly two furry animals licked him feverishly waiting for a sign that he was awake; one with snow-white fur and the other had flaming red fur.

"Alright I'm up, I'm up." He said moving the two beautiful foxes off him. Headed straight to his bathroom to take a shower because he was drenched in sweat. After take a shower noticed it was almost time to go to his next lesson, which was telekinesis with the ghost of Penny Halliwell who was one of the strictest teachers when it came to punctuality. Noticing that he had less than two minutes decided to shimmer there instead of trying to run which would only tire him out and make him seem stupid for the fact he can teleport in multiple ways. In less than 30 seconds he was at the door going inside to sit for a minute before class began with the lecture about finals and what will most definitely be on the finals so they must prepare with the little time they have. First thing that she had them do was have them move the packets to themselves using only their telekinetic powers. For Shane that was easy after the many times he used them battling demons and sparring with Wyatt and Chris.

"Congratulations for doing the assignment in the fastest time Shane, you did it even faster than Wyatt." Praised Penny "Alright today we will learn how to use the environment and your powers in a duel whether you're fighting against evil beings or a regular person harassing you. In this class I'll use Shane as a demonstrator, any questions before we begin? Yes, Paul what is it?"

"I was wondering if we could also use liquids such as potions if they were spilled" asked Paul

"There is a slight possibility a telekinetic person could do that, only it they are powerful enough to be able to use their abilities in that way. And before any makes a wise crack about it's just liquid which anyone could lift in a container, it's much more difficult outside a container for you must cover it with you energy. I hope that answered your question Paul."

"Yes Ma'am"

"Alright Shane front and center." Shane went to the front of the classroom next to Penny "Class pay close attention to his movements while the rat demon attempt to attack him." Said Penny while she waved her hands to summon a rat that became a human-like being. Shane noticed it advancing towards him so he did a quick scan of what was available for his use, one of the things he noted was the sword neatly placed on the fireplace mantle which would be good to gut the demon. Noticing that he had less than a second went with his only thought of option and used two fingers on his right hand moving the sword right were the heart would be in the demon successfully killing it.

"Since class is over in ten minutes here is your homework assignment due when you step into class Monday. Have a nice weekend" With that she dismissed class just before a Snowy Owl came swooping in with a message being delivered to Shane.

"What is it Apollo?" Shane said to the Owl who dropped the message in his hand saying he was needed in the Headmasters office for something important also to bring Paul with him. "Hey Paul wait up." Shane was saying while catching up with him.

"What's up Shane?" asked Paul.

"The Headmaster wants us to see him about something important." Replied Shane the two blinking to the office.

"Ah just the two I want to see. Before asking why I wanted to see you two, it has come to my attention that an old friend who lives in England needs some help guarding a precious item that could help a certain Dark Wizard who is believed to be dead be able to come back to fully alive in the flesh and blood sense. Really he wants me personally to go but I decided to send my top two students instead which is you two also it'll give you the chance to see your heritage you never really had the chance to embrace. But if you don't want to go say so now?" Gideon waited a few moment then continued on "Alright sense neither of you object, you should go pack your things and meet me in the library when your finished."

"Yes professor." The two then left the office to go to their respective houses. For Shane that was Chimera dormitory and for Paul it was the Sphinx dormitory, also they had to tell their Quidditch captains that they were leaving.

~~~~In Chimera Dorms~~~~

"WHAT!" Screamed everyone in the room when Shane announced he was leaving Magic School for the year.

"Headmaster Gideon and the Elders talked to another Headmaster who needs help involving a very important object which needs extra protection so they picked Paul and me to help guard it for the school year." Stated Shane to everyone including people who had just entered.

"But why are they sending two students even if you two are the best in the school for your grade level. Come on their taking our best seeker and one of the best chasers in the school." Said Nick the Chimera Quidditch Captain and Head Boy.

"Oh well your just have to get a new seeker till we return from England how ever long takes. I'm going to see if one of the Professors will take care of the animals from now on." Said Shane while heading out with his bags followed by an owl and two foxes.

~~~~30 minutes later~~~~

"Are you two set to go?" Gideon asked the two boys standing in front of him.

"Yes Professor Gideon." Replied the two boys in unison.

"Alright he wants you two to teleport to Shane's aunt and uncle house in surrey from there they will take you to London, to be precise a train station. Also they have your train tickets so incase they forgot ask for the tickets." Professor Gideon told them before they teleported out.

Once in the house at number 4 Privet Drive they went to find Shane's family in the living room waiting for them. After a heartfelt moment between them they got in the car and headed to the London train station. Arriving with twenty minutes to get to the platform, they retrieved the tickets yet once looked at them wished they knew where it was regretting not asking Gideon about it. Yet luck would have it when Shane heard a few people talking about Platform nine and three quarters. Deciding to follow and watch them, feeling lucky because the family all had flaming red hair it was easy to spot, they couldn't believe it was looking them right in the face when they saw one of them running straight through a wall. Paul and Shane thought just incase they had to do something else they should ask the lady who seemed to be the Mother of the lot.

"Excuse me miss, but would you please tell us how to get to Platform nine-three quarters?" asked Shane.

"Yes of course, you just run straight through that barrier and you're on the platform." Replied the woman.

"Thank you, I'm sorry I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Shane Evans and my friend is Paul Bradford were exchange students from America. If you don't mind my asking what is yours and your lovely daughter name?" said Shane.

"Of course not, my name is Molly Weasley and this is my daughter Ginevra Weasley." Replied Molly

"Well I think we should get going but before we do here is a token of our gratitude." Shane said while conjuring to lovely crystal roses with blood red petals handing them to the two Weasley women before going through the barrier

They both boarded the train finding an empty compartment to seat themselves then started discussing what the new school might be like before someone opened the door.

"Excuse me but all the other compartment are taken and I was wondering if I could share this one with you two?" asked a girl with bushy brown hair and cinnamon brown eyes.

"Sure we don't mind and Paul has had his rabies shot so don't worry if he bites you." Replied Shane who got a thick book thrown at him by Paul. After that was done they heard a few laughs noticing another girl who seemed older possibly another third year behind the younger girl.

"That was nice yet I was wondering if I could also share this booth with you guys?" asked the older girl with bubblegum pink hair.

"Sure before you ask I'm Shane and this is my friend Paul we're exchange students from America, both of us are going to be third years once sorted." Said Shane.

"That's neat I'm Nymphadora Tonks but I go by Tonks, so don't you dare call me Nymphadora. I'm a third year and in Gryffindor" The third year girl said.

"Well I'm Hermione Granger, and I'm just a first year also I'm muggle-born." Said the girl with bushy hair.

And it went on with them talking about childhood and such, until they reached their destination of Hogwarts splitting up from Tonks while they went with Hagrid in order to get sorted.



TBC.

~~~~~

I decided to go ahead an end this chapter here because I haven't decided were to place them in Hogwarts so again here are the options.

Shane: A) Slytherin B) Ravenclaw C) Gryffindor D) Hufflepuff

Paul: A) Slytherin B) Ravenclaw C) Gryffindor D) Hufflepuff

On another note the pairing vote is still open, and the two who are in the lead are Fem.Blaize and Gabby.

Now please review or vote if you haven't.

Sign up to rate and review this story