Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Trust Me, Please?

Painting It For Real?

by meeniemoe 6 reviews

Is it just Alice dreaming, or did Brendon Boyd Urie really just text her in the middle of class?...

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2007-01-03 - 1201 words

0Unrated
Painting It For Real

"What. The. Fuck." A certain-rather short-man walked through the wooden door to the backstage lounge, and descended upon a musty-looking couch. His three other band members were already sitting on the couch, drinking what was left of the lemonade that was offered to them two hours or so ago.

Some said that being a vegetarian stunted Brendon's growth.

Brendon just thought it was hereditary. Besides, it was much easier blaming that bit on the parents...

"You're telling me..." Ryan said, rubbing his temples in pure annoyance.

They had five hours until the concert would start, and they were asked to get there /ten hours earlier/. Never, in any other state in the US, were they required to do such a thing.

"I need a hotel room. Now." Jon moaned, before rolling off the couch to lie on the ground. After Brendon occupied the end side of the couch, Jon decided there was not enough room.

"Ahh..." Spencer murmured, drinking in the last drops of his lemonade. "Damn. All gone." He whispered to himself, before tossing the plastic cup onto the table sadly.

Silence.

"COME ON, GET OUT HERE!" A stage manager said from behind the doors of the lounge room and up the flight of stairs to the stage.

"Damn it all to hell...if it isn't Robbie..." Spencer mumbled, before a different stage manager popped her head through the door.

"Look, ya'll, I don't wanna pressure you guys..."

"Too late." Brendon voiced, but the lady just went on with what she wanted to say.

"...But Robbie needs ya. No, not Brendon. Just the rest of ya."

"Why?" Ryan asked irritably, scratching the back of his head.

"I dunno. But you should go before he blows up." The lady said, blowing her chewing gum, and promptly leaving the lounge.

"Fuck it, fuck it, fuck it." Jon chanted, and led the rest out of the room.

Before he knew it, Brendon sat on the musty couch, feeling nothing but laziness within him.

It's been two months, a week, and two days since our concert when I got Alice's number...

*

"Alice." The teacher said sharply.

"Yeah?"

"Did you hear the question?"

"No. Could you repeat it?"

"..." The teacher seemed to have grown to dislike Alice very much.

Alice couldn't help it. After all, Math was her weakest subject after History. Why she couldn't do academics really got to her-both of her parents were science and math majors in college. Now, her mother was a doctor, and her father a pilot.

...How strange.

"Marielle. Could you please answer the question Alice failed to answer."

"What?"

"Is NO-ONE listening?" The teacher asked furiously.

"..." The class didn't answer. If anything, the class just started to wake up.

"That's it. I give up teaching you all. The classwork's on the board. No talking. And maybe, if you finish this before the bell rings, I'll take off some of tonight's homework." The teacher pointed to the list of homework on the board:

1) Pg 226, numbers1-99 odd
2) Pg 230 numbers 1-23, 33-45 even
3) Worksheet 22-54

The students only looked at the board, appalled at the great amount of homework. Immediately, a flurry of papers and calculators ensued.

Alice was working on a new chapter for classwork, when she felt her cell phone in her sweater pocket vibrate. Damn it if her vibrate made so much noise!

"Whose cell phone is on?" The teacher asked suspiciously, looking around the room. None of the students dared answer, for if they did, they'd be known worldwide as a tattle tale.

When the teacher (finally) stuck her nose where it belonged-in a dusty library tome-Alice slowly opened her flip phone.

NEW TEXT MESSAGE.

From whom? She never got text messages during classtime...

Hey.
What's up?
-Bren


Wait. What?

Alice looked around her suspiciously, then typed in a few numbers and buttons.

What do you mean what's up?
I'm in class...
-Ali


Five minutes later.

I'm bored. Entertain me.
O wait. You're in class.
Ha. Ha.
I'm on a tour...in Oregon.
It sucks.
-Bren


A few stares from her classmates were fixated on her. The boy who sat next to her leaned over to get a closer look at what she was doing.

"Oi. Leave me alone."

The boy only glowered at her, and went back to his work.

She sighed, and put away the phone. She'd answer him later, as soon as she got home and away fro the ridiculous people in this class.

It wasn't long before the bell rang, and she students filled the hallways once more.

It wasn't too long after when Alice arrived home.

*
"I've been working on the railroad...all my live long day...Dah, dah dah dah dah dah dahhhh dahh....Just to pass the time awayyy...." Brendon sang clumsily, tripping over his notes and octaves.

And isn't this exactly where you'd like me?
I'm exactly where you'd like me, you know...
Praying for love in a lap dance...
And paying...


Brendon nearly jumped a foot into the air. His cell phone's new ringtone was him singing 'But It's Better If You Do'. Jon slipped it in his cell just for laughs. Now, it just creeped the hell out of him that he heard his voice whenever someone decided to call him. Clearing his throat, Brendon reached for the phone and opened it tentatively.

"Hello?"

"Hey. It's Alice."

"Alice...Alice!" Brendon said, realization finally hitting.

"How was your math class?"

"..."

"I assume not too well, then?" Brendon commented, chuckling as he inspected his bitten-down nails.

"Look, I don't want to be rude or anything but...what was your incentive in texting me? It was...sort of out of the blue, if you know what I mean."

"Yeah. I was bored." Brendon explained.

"Okay...well...I just wanted to know," Alice said lamely, collapsing on her twin bed and closing her eyelids.

There was a comfortable lingering silence.

"The tour's flying into town tomorrow." Brendon said abruptly.

"Town?"

"Yeah. Your town."

"Oh. Okay." Alice said dumbly, not knowing what else to say.

"You know what that means?"
"What does it mean, Brendon?"

"...You're not that stupid."

"Maybe I am."

"..."

"I'm joking. What did you want to say?"

"I'm coming into town tomorrow. I get a couple days off before my next show," Brendon breathed into the cell phone rather impatiently.

"That means...I'll be closeby you. Getting the hint yet?" Brendon asked, rubbing his temples.

"Uhm. What do you like to do?" Alice asked, finally taking the hint. Of course. He wanted to go do something with her.

Ding, ding ding! She wins. Brendon thought with a tone of finality in his head. He rolled his eyes. Duh.

"Ha. So you got it. Um...I don't know. You pick." Brendon said.

"Okay. Just meet me at the Landing tomorrow at 3:40 pm. Near the boathouse."

"It's a date." Brendon grinned into the cell phone.

It's a date.

A date.

Brendon Urie, on a date.

Brendon Urie: no longer single.


A/N: You know I love reviews from you guys! (7 reads and no reviews yet? I need at least five reviews before I update my next chappie!) I'm really sorry I didn't get to update earlier, since my internet crashed. )=
Sign up to rate and review this story