Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll Blame It On The Planes

chapter seven: Sorry I'm not a twelve year old.

by SongbirdFlyAway 4 reviews

Drey hangs out with the band after finding out who they are. I suck at summeries.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-04 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1277 words

1Original
"Oh my god, I'm such an idiot."

I built up all the confidence I had to stand right here at Andy's door. Patrick had answered and I could feel myself shaking. I had no idea why I acted nervous after finding out that tiny bit of majorly big news earlier today.

Patrick smiled - he knew what I was talking about. The singer with the screechy voice of the hottest band around.

The singer just smiled at me. "Uh-oh...and she found out. All on her own too."

My face got even hotter and more red "Not exactly on my own... my, uh, grandmother told me." Yes, I hung my head in shame.

Patrick threw his head up and laughed "Oooh that's rough."

"Tell me about it - I'm so embarrassed. I insulted you guys last night and everything, I made a comment about your jam band possibly becoming famous, I criticized all your music friends, I made fun of 'the Fall Out Boy'..."

He waved his hand up to stop me and it's a good thing he did, I probably could have gone for hours.

"Seriously - don't worry about it. You're fun, we like you. I'm glad you came over."

I just bit my lip and smiled at him "I'm so, so sorry."

He pushed the door open wider "Here - come in..."

I followed him into the what seemed to be completely empty house. We walked into the living room where there was a large MAC laptop with giant headphones attached to it. Patrick moved the mac off the couch, making room for me to sit down and placed it carefully on the floor.

"Where's everyone else?"

Patrick turned on the tv "They went out to get food and I just stayed behind to work on some remixes for some bands."

"Oh well, I can leave if you have work to do."

Patrick kept his focus on me and smiled "No no! You're fine, I probably needed a break anyway."

He made me feel comfortable, I wasn't nervous like I was standing on the doorstep. I laughed to myself at what an idiot I came across as the night before and was secretly kicking myself as hard as mentally possible.

Patrick giggled and smirked "What are you laughing at?"

I put my hand to my face and and groaned "Aahhh I swear I'm not always such an idiot, I'm really not."

"Drey, I do not think you're an idiot just because you didn't know who we were. I really don't care. To be honest, if I wasn't involved with the music scene, I probably wouldn't know who a lot of the bands that I hang out and play with are."

"Yeah that's because they probably wouldn't be around cause you produce and discover all of them."

He kept his smirk, it just grew wider. "You know I produce music?"

"Well yeah... I actually really love The Hush Sound, I think they're really talented and I knew the lead singer of Fall Out Boy produced them... I know who Patrick Stump is, I just didn't know that you were him. Sorry."

Patrick's face lit up. "Seriously - stop saying sorry, it really is okay. So- you listen to The Hush Sound and not Fall Out Boy?"

"Oh my god enough with the Fall Out Boy stuff... I don't listen to you guys, well, not voluntarily anyway."

He picked up his laptop and leaned back on the couch and smiled. Always smiling. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding. I'm actually really glad that you like The Hush Sound... do you want to listen to some stuff that I've been working on for them?"

"Yes definitely!! Seriously, you may not believe me but I really do love music a lot."

"Well we have that in common."

We listened to new demos from The Hush Sound on his laptop and I was impressed on how talented this little man was at producing music. He was really talented. Maybe I'll give this boy and his band a try.

The door opened while Patrick and I were laughing and talking about music... turns out we actually really like a lot of the same stuff, minus his slight obsession with a lot of R&B that I had no idea about.
The boys made their way into the living room and Patrick looked up from the couch "She knows."

The boys laughed and Andy spoke up "Oh no, and she still is here hanging out with us?! The Fall Out Boy?!"

"Okay okay... So I didn't know you were Fall Out Boy. Excuse me for not being 12 years old."

Joe giggled "You're dating a twelve year old?"

Pete laughed "Yeahh... you said that you're boyfriend was a fan of The Fall Out Boy."

I sneared at them "No, he's not twelve, he's just a lame-o loser!"

Patrick looked up from behind his laptop and smirked at me.

"Patrick I'm kidding. Well, kind of. At least you guys are happy and working and doing something you love and doing it well. I'm actually pretty jealous."

Andy shook his hair in a dramatic way "Yeah... it's rough being rock stars but we manage."

"Rock stars? Bubble gum pop icons is more like it."

Ouch, they all looked hurt. I ate the words to my previous comment. "Kidding, kidding. You guys are the most rockin' rockstars I've ever seen."

Pete flung himself over the back of the couch next to where I was sitting and put his arm around me. "You know what Drey? We like you."

"Well thank you Pete, I like you guys too."

*******

Andy snickered as I helped him clean up the boys' mess from earlier since they had all left to go back to Chicago.

"What's so funny?"

"Your grandmother was the one who told you who we were... she's like 100."

"Yeah well I guess she's just more hip than I am."

I threw the paper plates with pizza residue into the trashcan and Andy leaned against the counter and smiled at me.

"Yup, you're grandma's a cool woman, she's like our biggest fan. If Dirty ever gets tired of being the mascot, your grandmother would take his place in a heartbeat."

I also leaned on the counter, our shoulders practically touching. "Who is Dirty?"

Andy laughed "Ohhhhh Dirty, man, you can't describe Dirty. He's pretty much the icon of Fall Out Boy."

"Oh yeah? Looks to me like Pete is more the icon of Fall Out Boy."

"Looks to you? And how would you even know that?"

"I did a little research this morning." I blushed at how stupid that sounded.

Andy leaned into me playfully "Stalker."

I was out of defenses, I just laughed. "Hey Andy, this might sound stupid, but can I actually borrow a Fall Out Boy cd? I really want to listen to it, I've really only ever heard a few songs."

"Do you actually think that I own the cds of my own band? Do you think I'm really that cocky?"

"Well I thought you maybe kept other copies around for friends and relatives, I don't know..."

"Nah, Pete has all the merch and stuff like that. But yeah, I do have a copy of each cd that we've made. But you have to bring it back... they're my only copies of each and I listen to them every night while I sleep."

I let out a short, loud, slightly obnoxious actually laugh. "Really?"

He smiled and handed me the cds. "No, they're all yours."


__________________________________________________________

Hmm... I have nothing to say. Please review, good and bad... I hear reviews relieve cramps so therefore, I need all I can get.
Thanks lovaaaahs!
Sign up to rate and review this story