Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Alone In The Dark

A meeting with someone unwanted

by Pump_Up 1 review

The studio routine has been the same every single day of the past 4 months, but a phone call on a tipical Monday might change everything that could be called an ordinary day.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Chuck Comeau, David Desrosiers, Jeff Stinco, Pierre Bouvier, Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2007-01-05 - Updated: 2007-01-05 - 1621 words

0Unrated
Two days in Montreal with Jessie and my family, five days in Toronto with the guys in the studio, that's the routine I was living. From Monday to Friday we were waking up at 8 o'clock a.m. to have a bath, to have breakfast and to take some instruments to the second floor of the studio to start practicing at 8:30 a.m. We normally spend 2 and a half hours practicing to finally leave the room at 11 a.m. to meet with Adam and our crew. From 11 a.m. until 1 p.m., we are treated just like 5 guys that had never seen an instrument before. Each one of us has to go to a different room together with 2 other guys who give us guitar, bass, drum or vocal classes, depending on what each one of us plays in the band. At 1 p.m. we are allowed to go back home and have one hour of break for lunch and we just have to return to the studio at 2 p.m., when the recording really begins. As soon as we get in the studio, we play for around 15 minutes the song we'll start recording or the one we had already began but hadn't finished yet. After that, I go to the vocal recording cabin and they go to the instrumental one. Different from "I'm just a kid", we normally don't record the vocals and the instruments at the same time, so I just sit down with my headphone and listen to them until they're all done. Each one of them has to play alone once to practice to finally put everything together and make them play for hours and hours the same song, which sometimes can be really annoying. After that, they choose the best recording and let them go. After they leave, they normally join Adam and the other 2 guys outside the cabin to see me starting to record my part at around 5 o'clock p.m. Just like they do with the guys, I have to sing without instruments once to practice and start singing the same song around one thousand times `cause there's always something I did that didn't please someone outside the cabin, normally Adam. After they finally decide it's already good, they let me out and we return home, always between 8 and 9 p.m. Still, we're not allowed to leave that house without Adam's permission or the hidden cameras will catch us and we'll loose the contract and Adam never allows us to go out at night. Almost going crazy in there, we have to give it a way to entertain ourselves so we normally watch a DVD or listen to a CD. Well, 4 of us do that and 1 of us has to cook the dinner. As long as we spend 5 days a week in there, each one of us has to cook one day. Normally, as soon as I get in the house I phone my family and Jessie, except when I have to cook, then, I'll only phone them after dinner. We normally spend hours just talking in the living room before finally going upstairs to have our baths and sleep at around 1 or 2 a.m.

The rest of the week is practically the same and so is the song, as long as we normally spend 2 or 3 weeks working in the same song to finally move to the next one. Our routine just changes on Friday night. When we return from the studio, we pack up our bags with the things we'll need in the weekend and get all together to pack up Chuck's, as long as this is his day cooking. After dinner, Adam takes us to the airport and we arrive in Montreal at around 4 a.m. and in our houses at 5 a.m.

After sleep most part of the Saturday, I normally wake up at 3 p.m. to eat and to spend sometime with my mom and my brothers. Sunday is saved to spend the whole day long with Jessie and to take her out with me. Normally, she spends the whole night long with me too as long as there's not one single Sunday night that I don't invite her to sleepover in my house. My mom doesn't really mind about it. She befriended Jessie really easily. She seems to like her a lot and Jessie seems to like her as well. That's the first time that my mom likes my girlfriend.

Then, at 5 a.m. I leave home to meet with the guys in the airport again at 6 a.m. and to arrive in the studio at 10. We have one hour of resting until Adam and the main team arrive in the studio and everything starts all over again. This is the exhausting routine we have been living since the past 4 months, the only thing that changed since the beginning is that there was around one month since we started having 2 shows a week to promote the CD that would be finished in around 2 more months. But that Monday night was going to be different and I didn't know how much. It was 11:30 p.m. and we were just done on having dinner. We had barely sat down in the sofa when we heard the phone ringing.

"I'll get it." Said Jeff picking up the phone "Hello?...Oh, no, I'm not him, but he's around. Want me to get him on this end?...Sure, and you are?...Okay, no need to be so rude. Just wait one minute." He finished stressed out with God knows who and giving me the phone
"Who is it?" I asked him
"I have no idea. According to her, this is none of my fucking business."
"Her?" I asked not being able to figure out who could that be
"Yeah, it's a girl. You better not be cheating on Jessie `cause she's our friend before you ever got to meet her and we don't want her to get hurt."
"Relax, Jeff, I would never cheat on her. And, even if I wanted to, I wouldn't have time for that. We spend 24 hours a day together." I finished as he just nodded like saying I was better not be lying then, I answered the phone "Hello?"
"Hey, baby. How's the guy of my life doing?" I heard a girl's voice asking, but this one was completely different from Jessie's
"Who is it?" I asked confused
"You don't even recognize my voice anymore? I think I'm gonna cry."
"Listen, I don't like guessing things. If you don't tell me your name, I'll hang up the phone." I said getting stressed out
"You need to be nicer with women, you know? Anyway, we'll be working on it together and in no time at all, you'll be a gentleman." She replied getting me even more stressed out "It's me honey, Ash."
"Ashley? Ashley Jenkins from New York City, USA? This one?" I asked surprised to my ex-girlfriend
"Yeah, I'm so glad you still remember me. Why you never called me again?"
"Well, I don't know, maybe because you broke up with me 2 years ago and made it pretty clear how disgusting I am." I answered sarcastically
"Pierre, honey, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so sorry."
"Look, I would be really thankful if you could stop calling me honey. And, it's just too late for you to be sorry, I don't have any feelings about you any longer and I do have a new girlfriend that, by the way, I love very much."
"A...a new girlfriend?" she asked with a trembling voice "But, Pierre, I thought that what we had was...something special..."
"It used to be something special to me, but it had never been to you. But I'm not upset about it any longer. I am really much more happy with Jessie and living here in Canada. Actually, I met better people here. People that I can really trust."
"Pierre, I am in love with you." She answered me and started crying "I'm not really proud of everything I've done to you but...but if you just give me one more chance I promise I can make everything different and that I'll make you happier than this Jessie will ever be able to. If you don't get back with me I think I'm gonna die. I love you."
"It's funny that you found out that you love me now that my name is written in some newspapers." I replied sarcastically "I'm not that stupid and I'm not biting this one. Get yourself a life and leave me alone!"
"Pierre, I'm not lying. I do love you. You wouldn't believe how far I went for you."
"Oh, yes, I would. You went to the bed with my best friend since kindergarten, this is really far but I don't think you can say it was for me."
"Please, don't be ironic. This is not what I'm talking about."
"So what are you talking about?" I asked loosing my patience

She didn't give me an answer to that question. The only thing that came as fast as my question was the sound of the bell of the door ringing.

"Tell me it's not her! Tell me it's not her!" I whispered to myself hanging up the phone and heading to the door

When I first put my hand in the doorknob, I felt like sweating cold and begging as much as I could not to see her behind that door or I would probably be able to kill her with my own hands in the rage that I had about Ashley. But, when I opened the door, I've seen the figure of that same blond-haired girl with blue eyes, Ashley.
Sign up to rate and review this story